Technika cheap?

Old September 19th 04, 05:21 PM
jjs

Default Technika cheap?

This looks like a good deal:

Old September 20th 04, 02:11 AM
jjs

"Jos. Burke" wrote in message
I agree it appears priced to move assuming the Technika III has the
movements you desire. I tried a Technika III and didn't care for the lack
of
movements and returned it, spent another $400 and got a Master Technika
though I had to replace the bellows on it--best upgrade I ever made!!
Terrific rangefinder camera but that "MUCH" cheaper Technika III is still
bargain and still Linhof quality!!!
I would expect the auction to end soon enough!

My primary reservation would be the rangefinder cam issues. Must match
camera and lens.

An aside - Doesn't appear that some good machining and removal of the
carry-strap hooks is all that's required to add the top-flap to a V?

Old September 20th 04, 02:35 AM
Jos. Burke

I agree it appears priced to move assuming the Technika III has the
movements you desire. I tried a Technika III and didn't care for the lack of
movements and returned it, spent another $400 and got a Master Technika
though I had to replace the bellows on it--best upgrade I ever made!!
Terrific rangefinder camera but that "MUCH" cheaper Technika III is still a
bargain and still Linhof quality!!!
I would expect the auction to end soon enough!
J Burke
"jjs" wrote in message
This looks like a good deal:

Old September 20th 04, 02:35 AM
Jos. Burke

I agree it appears priced to move assuming the Technika III has the
movements you desire. I tried a Technika III and didn't care for the lack of
movements and returned it, spent another $400 and got a Master Technika
though I had to replace the bellows on it--best upgrade I ever made!!
Terrific rangefinder camera but that "MUCH" cheaper Technika III is still a
bargain and still Linhof quality!!!
I would expect the auction to end soon enough!
J Burke
"jjs" wrote in message
This looks like a good deal:

Old September 20th 04, 04:09 AM
Peter De Smidt

..

This looks like a good deal:

I once bought a Technika III on Ebay. The lack of front tilt is a pain,
and, more importantly, you have to be very careful that there isn't
significant wear in the metal tracks. My front standard had "play", and
I couldn't find a way to get rid of it.

-Peter
Old September 20th 04, 11:28 AM
LR Kalajainen

Peter De Smidt wrote:

.

This looks like a good deal:

I once bought a Technika III on Ebay. The lack of front tilt is a pain,
and, more importantly, you have to be very careful that there isn't
significant wear in the metal tracks. My front standard had "play", and
I couldn't find a way to get rid of it.

-Peter

The Tech III (I used to have one) does not have front tilt on the lens
standard, but it does have a drop bed feature which amounts to the same
thing. The tripod mount is on the camera body rather than on the
bed/focusing rail, and the hinges are such that they permit the front
bed to be lowered, thus tilting the front standard down for depth of
field control.

Old September 20th 04, 12:19 PM
Bob Salomon

LR Kalajainen wrote:

The Tech III (I used to have one) does not have front tilt on the lens
standard, but it does have a drop bed feature which amounts to the same
thing.

Not really. Front tilt is usually continuous so the photographer can
apply the amount of tilt required for the position the camera is at and
the desired effect. Having only front tilt by the drop bed dictates to
the photographer how much or how little tilt can be used. of course the
III does have full rear tilt on the lensboard - just not forward tilt as
all later models have.

The tripod mount is on the camera body rather than on the
bed/focusing rail, and the hinges are such that they permit the front
bed to be lowered, thus tilting the front standard down for depth of
field control.

Again incorrect. Tilting or swinging controls the plane of focus not the
depth of field. DOF is controlled by the lens aperture and the focal
length of the lens as well as the CoC.

--
To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.