Cheap Apple

Old November 15th 17, 02:33 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

Default Cheap Apple

On 11/14/2017 7:17 PM, Tony Cooper wrote:
On Wed, 15 Nov 2017 12:32:20 +1300, Eric Stevens
wrote:

On Tue, 14 Nov 2017 13:18:31 -0500, nospam
wrote:

In article , Tony Cooper
wrote:

The sad thing is they don't get it.

they get that there are apple haters who have absolutely nothing better
to do than bash.

You have a strange understanding of what the word "hate" means.
There's no "hate" involved in not wanting to join the Mac brigade.

saying 'join the mac brigade' clearly indicates hatred.

You are daft!

nospam is notoriously ignorant of the meaning of words. A "brigade",
in the non-military sense, is a "group of individuals". It's like
saying "...join the Mac users group".

As an example. One of my friends, who is a widower, went to his FL condo
for the winter. He stated, before he unpacked his car, the "brisket
brigade" came out to greet him. No hatred at all in that statement.

--
PeterN
Old November 15th 17, 02:48 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Tony Cooper
wrote:

it is intentionally derogatory and you know it.

Provide a definition of "brigade" that is derogatory.

yours
Old November 15th 17, 08:13 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

On Tue, 14 Nov 2017 20:27:23 -0500, PeterN
wrote:

On 11/14/2017 3:55 PM, Bill W wrote:
On Tue, 14 Nov 2017 11:59:44 -0500, Tony Cooper
wrote:

No one has ever been convinced to switch from Windows to a Mac because
of any of the arguments presented in this group.

Don't be so sure. I am certainly persuaded to look closely into Macs
when I next need a new computer, and it's because of the arguments on
this group. This is the first setting where I've been exposed to
extensive back and forth on the subject, and there are knowledgeable
folks on both sides here.

I have worked with both. Except for my monitor issue, I found no
difference with PS. YMMV

That's not my issue at all. My issue is with the recent crashes that
took me days to repair. With a Mac, I'd have that, and Windows. I'd
have all the time in the world to migrate away from Windows if I so
choose.
Old November 15th 17, 08:36 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Tue, 14 Nov 2017 18:47:04 -0500, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

The sad thing is they don't get it.

they get that there are apple haters who have absolutely nothing better
to do than bash.

You have a strange understanding of what the word "hate" means.
There's no "hate" involved in not wanting to join the Mac brigade.

saying 'join the mac brigade' clearly indicates hatred.

You are daft!

there's nothing daft about it. name calling is a fundamental
characteristic of hatred.

You are too sensitive. Haters might use name calling but it does not
follow that all name calling implies hatred.

You also have a strange understanding of the word "bash". Most of
what you regard as "bashing" is simply expressing a lack of interest
in something. What is "bashed", using the true sense of the word, is
the stick-up-the-ass people like you who denigrate non-Mac-users for
no good reason and make wild claims.

i do not denigrate anyone.

not only are you overflowing with hatred, but you lie about it.

the rest of your bull**** snipped.

That all sounds like hatred to me.

it's not hatred to out someone's hypocrisy and lying.

It is when it is all in your own mind, and I suggest that is what it
is. You keep seeing hatred where none exists.

Eric Stevens
Old November 15th 17, 08:37 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Tue, 14 Nov 2017 19:43:41 -0500, nospam
wrote:

In article , Tony Cooper
wrote:

The sad thing is they don't get it.

they get that there are apple haters who have absolutely nothing better
to do than bash.

You have a strange understanding of what the word "hate" means.
There's no "hate" involved in not wanting to join the Mac brigade.

saying 'join the mac brigade' clearly indicates hatred.

You are daft!

nospam is notoriously ignorant of the meaning of words. A "brigade",
in the non-military sense, is a "group of individuals". It's like
saying "...join the Mac users group".

no, it's nothing like that at all.

it is intentionally derogatory and you know it.

Nonsense.

Eric Stevens
Old November 15th 17, 03:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

The sad thing is they don't get it.

they get that there are apple haters who have absolutely nothing better
to do than bash.

You have a strange understanding of what the word "hate" means.
There's no "hate" involved in not wanting to join the Mac brigade.

saying 'join the mac brigade' clearly indicates hatred.

You are daft!

there's nothing daft about it. name calling is a fundamental
characteristic of hatred.

You are too sensitive. Haters might use name calling

exactly the point.

but it does not
follow that all name calling implies hatred.

nobody said that.

You also have a strange understanding of the word "bash". Most of
what you regard as "bashing" is simply expressing a lack of interest
in something. What is "bashed", using the true sense of the word, is
the stick-up-the-ass people like you who denigrate non-Mac-users for
no good reason and make wild claims.

i do not denigrate anyone.

not only are you overflowing with hatred, but you lie about it.

the rest of your bull**** snipped.

That all sounds like hatred to me.

it's not hatred to out someone's hypocrisy and lying.

It is when it is all in your own mind, and I suggest that is what it
is. You keep seeing hatred where none exists.

in this case, it absolutely does exist.
Old November 15th 17, 04:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Tony Cooper
wrote:

Yes, and most if given the chance will listen to someone with some facts
and examples. Most of my friends are Mac users and most have become mac
users because I was one and could help them do what they wanted. The few
PCs users seemed to spend most of their time sorting out registry problems
and missing .dll files but that was them the last 90s.

There are many good reasons a person may choose a Mac system, but you
really look foolish when you think you have to resort to hyperbole and
false statements to make your point. Windows users are not spending
most of their time sorting out registry problems or finding missing
.dll files.

they do when the **** hits the fan.

windows systems require more support than macs, usually with harder to
fix problems, ones which often requires registry hacking or what's
known as dll hell.

https://www.computerworld.com/articl...bm-says-macs-a
re-even-cheaper-to-run-than-it-thought.html
This is fully in line with experiences shared in 2015, when Previn
said just 5 percent of IBMıs Mac users needed to call the help desk;
In contrast, an astonishing 40 percent of PC staff request tech
support help. At IBM last year just 25 staff supported 30,000 Macs.

No one I know has gone from Mac to windows and only one person I know
went from windows to Mac after seeing what I was doing.

What could you be doing on a Mac that a user of Windows can't be
doing?

****loads of stuff, but you've said you don't want to hear about it.

There are some apps that run on Macs but not Windows, but apps
that do the same thing are available for Windows users.

not always.

much of the time, what can be done on a mac that can't be done with
windows systems has absolutely nothing to do with apps at all, but
rather the underlying technologies, ones which do not exist on windows
systems and most likely will never exist.

that means that equivalent apps on windows do not exist.
Old November 15th 17, 06:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 11/15/2017 5:53 AM, Whisky-dave wrote:
On Tuesday, 14 November 2017 17:14:42 UTC, PeterN wrote:

I tested PS on a Mac for over a week, and saw no real difference between
a Mac and my PC. (Watch the knee jerking jerks, now.)

Why should there be a differnce ?
If you buy PS as a product it should work as adobe state it should without problems. Of course you should mention which Mac and which PC unless of course you don't think that matters perhaps.
Just like a radio/stereo should work in any car you can fit it to.

Further up the line I stated my reasons for getting the monitor I use.

And soem of use prefer NOT to have to buy a new monitor I prefer using the one I got with the imac, I do have 2 other monitors if we're comparing a monitor count, it;s obviously better having 3 monitors than 2, but that's not how I decide which system is best.

The reaction, which I am now going to ignore, is only that the Retina is
a better monitor.

Which it is, so I;ve little reason to purchase another monitor.

So you too need to snip context.

We have all noticed the number of images posted by the Appleseeds.

Images or pictures or photographs, and I dontl; think the number posted is relivant but if you look at which 'camera' has posted the most photos.

Does that make it the best camera ?

https://www.flickr.com/cameras
So market share plus actual usage must equal the best product because of 'market share' .

I donlt consider market share as an indicator of the best product on the market.

--
PeterN
Old November 15th 17, 10:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Wed, 15 Nov 2017 09:29:00 -0500, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

The sad thing is they don't get it.

they get that there are apple haters who have absolutely nothing better
to do than bash.

You have a strange understanding of what the word "hate" means.
There's no "hate" involved in not wanting to join the Mac brigade.

saying 'join the mac brigade' clearly indicates hatred.

You are daft!

there's nothing daft about it. name calling is a fundamental
characteristic of hatred.

You are too sensitive. Haters might use name calling

exactly the point.

but it does not
follow that all name calling implies hatred.

nobody said that.

But that is how you are behaving.

You also have a strange understanding of the word "bash". Most of
what you regard as "bashing" is simply expressing a lack of interest
in something. What is "bashed", using the true sense of the word, is
the stick-up-the-ass people like you who denigrate non-Mac-users for
no good reason and make wild claims.

i do not denigrate anyone.

not only are you overflowing with hatred, but you lie about it.

the rest of your bull**** snipped.

That all sounds like hatred to me.

it's not hatred to out someone's hypocrisy and lying.

It is when it is all in your own mind, and I suggest that is what it
is. You keep seeing hatred where none exists.

in this case, it absolutely does exist.

I'm afraid you are wrong.

Eric Stevens
Old November 15th 17, 11:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

You also have a strange understanding of the word "bash". Most of
what you regard as "bashing" is simply expressing a lack of interest
in something. What is "bashed", using the true sense of the word, is
the stick-up-the-ass people like you who denigrate non-Mac-users for
no good reason and make wild claims.

i do not denigrate anyone.

not only are you overflowing with hatred, but you lie about it.

the rest of your bull**** snipped.

That all sounds like hatred to me.

it's not hatred to out someone's hypocrisy and lying.

It is when it is all in your own mind, and I suggest that is what it
is. You keep seeing hatred where none exists.

in this case, it absolutely does exist.

I'm afraid you are wrong.

it ain't me who is wrong.