Jupiter photos

Old November 9th 17, 10:23 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.

Default Jupiter photos

"Traveling above Jupiter at more than 130,000 miles per hour, NASA's $1
billion Juno probe took its ninth set of stunning flyby images on
October 24. But the sun slipped between the giant planet and Earth for
more than a week, blocking the spacecraft from beaming home its precious
bounty of data.

Now that the conjunction is over, however, new raw image data from
Juno's ninth perijove — as the spacecraft's high-speed flybys are called
— has poured in. Researchers posted it all online on Tuesday, and a
community of amateurs and professionals has been busily processing the
data to yield colorful and stunning new pictures of Jupiter."

http://www.sci-techuniverse.com/2017...just-sent.html

Fascinating images. Enjoy! :-)

--
David B.
Old November 9th 17, 03:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mayayana

"David B." wrote

http://www.sci-techuniverse.com/2017...just-sent.html

| Fascinating images.

Except that the colors are made-up, so what
you're really seeing is sci-fi fantasy. On the
bright side, NASA images are public domain
by law.

Old November 9th 17, 04:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Old Geezerr

On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 09:23:29 +0000, "David B."
wrote:

"Traveling above Jupiter at more than 130,000 miles per hour, NASA's $1
billion Juno probe took its ninth set of stunning flyby images on
October 24. But the sun slipped between the giant planet and Earth for
more than a week, blocking the spacecraft from beaming home its precious
bounty of data.

Now that the conjunction is over, however, new raw image data from
Juno's ninth perijove — as the spacecraft's high-speed flybys are called
— has poured in. Researchers posted it all online on Tuesday, and a
community of amateurs and professionals has been busily processing the
data to yield colorful and stunning new pictures of Jupiter."

http://www.sci-techuniverse.com/2017...just-sent.html

Fascinating images. Enjoy! :-)

The swirling gasses look like some of what Bohman saw when he went
through the Stargate in 2001

Dave:

There goes the happy moron.
He doesn't give a damn.
Gee I wish I was a moron.
My God, maybe I am
Old November 9th 17, 08:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mayayana

"Whisky-dave" wrote

| Except that the colors are made-up,
|
| Itls a bit likke claiming that bats don;t fly at night because you can;t
see them in the dark,

No. It's a bit like saying people are coloring in
B/W photos willy nilly.

Old November 9th 17, 09:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 07:58:15 -0800 (PST), Whisky-dave
wrote:

On Thursday, 9 November 2017 14:20:16 UTC, Mayayana wrote:
"David B." wrote

http://www.sci-techuniverse.com/2017...just-sent.html

| Fascinating images.

Except that the colors are made-up,

all colours are made up, it;s what our eye does, colours don;t really exist.
But I do no what you mean the colours are used to sperate things that are going on making them easier to see. A bit less crude than a highlight pen :-)

so what
you're really seeing is sci-fi fantasy.

Not really it's being able to see more wavelenghs or more information than the human eye could actually see.

Itls a bit likke claiming that bats don;t fly at night because you can;t see them in the dark, in ordee to see how they fly yuo could use infra-red light with an infra-red sensative camera, you'd see bats flying but not their correct colour.

It;s a bit like teh link below we can;t see carbon dioxide in the air but colouring it makes it easier to see and understand,

So as long as you appreciate this there shouldn't be a problem.

Except that is not any sort of a photographic image. Its a computer
generated diagram based on observational data.

Old November 9th 17, 10:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Davoud

David B.
http://www.sci-techuniverse.com/2017...r-probe-just-s

ent.html

Fascinating images. Enjoy! :-)

I didn't enjoy them at all on that web page cluttered with slimy ads. I
enjoyed them here
https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/juno/images/index.html.

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm
Old November 9th 17, 10:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ron C

On 11/9/2017 4:32 PM, Davoud wrote:
David B.
http://www.sci-techuniverse.com/2017...r-probe-just-s
ent.html

Fascinating images. Enjoy! :-)

I didn't enjoy them at all on that web page cluttered with slimy ads. I
enjoyed them here
https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/juno/images/index.html.

Very much better experience! Thanks for posting that link.
--
==
Later...

Old November 9th 17, 10:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mayayana

"Whisky-dave" wrote

| Except that the colors are made-up,
|
| all colours are made up,

Here's an actual photo:

https://d2xkkdgjnsfvb0.cloudfront.ne...0&t=1508962497

Here's my cleaned up version:

http://tropic-island.net/gallery/img.php?id_img=196

So I guess you're right. My choice of wavelengths look
better than Nasa's undoctored images.

I look forward to the Ladies of Neptune series.

Old November 9th 17, 10:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mayayana

"Ron C" wrote

| https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/juno/images/index.html.
|
| Very much better experience!

Also here... some info about the photos and access
the the originals:

https://www.missionjuno.swri.edu/junocam/processing

Old November 10th 17, 12:18 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Davoud

Davoud:
https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/juno/images/index.html.

Ron C:
Very much better experience! Thanks for posting that link.

You're welcome. I have sort of a thing, a fixation perhaps, on getting
things directly from the source. It's a career-related ability
https://www.flickr.com/photos/primeval/13024995215.