Magic Lantern books

Old October 24th 07, 03:28 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
TheDaveŠ

Default Magic Lantern books

How long after a new product has been released do they usually come
out? Ballpark.

I'd like to get one for my 40D, but don't see them listed anywhere yet.
Old October 25th 07, 01:05 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

On Oct 24, 10:28 am, TheDaveŠ wrote:
How long after a new product has been released do they usually come
out? Ballpark.

I'd like to get one for my 40D, but don't see them listed anywhere yet.

Didn't your stolen 40D come with a manual?
I think most of those Magic Lantern books are pretty useless.
Having said that, I confess to having bought a book on the Canon
Speedlight System the other day. But I am fairly ignorant of flash
technique and the book was based on the equipment I already own... the
580EX, the 430EX, and the ST-E2 transmitter.
Now I'll have to practice some new tricks.

Here kitty, kitty ......

Old October 25th 07, 01:19 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

On Oct 24, 9:12 pm, That_Rich wrote:

Ultimately, EVERYTHING is all about you.
Your ego is incredibly foolish.

****in-A!
WHO RULES ???

Old October 25th 07, 03:30 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
TheDaveŠ

Annika1980 wrote:
On Oct 24, 10:28 am, TheDave) wrote:
How long after a new product has been released do they usually come
out? Ballpark.

I'd like to get one for my 40D, but don't see them listed anywhere
yet.

Didn't your stolen 40D come with a manual?
I think most of those Magic Lantern books are pretty useless.
Having said that, I confess to having bought a book on the Canon
Speedlight System the other day. But I am fairly ignorant of flash
technique and the book was based on the equipment I already own... the
580EX, the 430EX, and the ST-E2 transmitter.
Now I'll have to practice some new tricks.

Here kitty, kitty ......

I find the Magic Lantern books to be "extended manuals". But hey,
that's just me.
Old October 26th 07, 01:27 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Daniel Rocha[_4_]

TheDaveŠ wrote:
I find the Magic Lantern books to be "extended manuals". But hey,
that's just me.

Is it necessary ?

knowing very well the manual, and practice the body in shooting
must be the best way to go. For me...

--
Photographie htp://www.monochromatique.com

Old October 26th 07, 05:25 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
TheDaveŠ

Daniel Rocha wrote:
TheDave) wrote:
I find the Magic Lantern books to be "extended manuals". But hey,
that's just me.

Is it necessary ?

knowing very well the manual, and practice the body in shooting
must be the best way to go. For me...

You're right... for you.

Technically, I don't even really "need" the manual, either. I can sit
down and figure pretty much everything out on my own if I want to.
But, I like the way the books are laid out over the way the manuals are
laid out, and I get something positive out of the books. Why is that
such a crime?

Back to the original question... it's obvious nobody knows. Ok.