News.Individual.net not free anymore

Old February 15th 05, 09:18 PM
Ryadia

Default News.Individual.net not free anymore

I, and a lot of other people posting to this particular group use
News.individual.net for access to it. As of April fools day the service
is going to charge a fee for access. Charging for the service in OK but
how does an Australian pay a German without using a credit card?

I think many people tight for a buck will simply go back to whatever
their ISP is offering or use Goggle. Either way, if you filter Goggle,
you won't see their messages and if you don't use Google and your ISP
doesn't think this group worth listing, the posts might lessen. Mine
will actually cease altogether... Stop the cheering, you're hurting my ears!

Doug
Old February 15th 05, 09:40 PM
David J Taylor

Ryadia wrote:
I, and a lot of other people posting to this particular group use
News.individual.net for access to it. As of April fools day the
service is going to charge a fee for access. Charging for the service in
OK
but how does an Australian pay a German without using a credit card?

Get a friend with a credit card to pay for you!

I've now found that my ISP is carrying the group (because it is on the
approved list), so I've moved already. Perhaps you could ask your ISP
again?

I would miss your postings here.

Cheers,
David

Old February 15th 05, 10:44 PM
Tomislav Filipčić

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 07:18:55 +1000, Ryadia wrote:

I, and a lot of other people posting to this particular group use
News.individual.net for access to it. As of April fools day the service
is going to charge a fee for access. Charging for the service in OK but
how does an Australian pay a German without using a credit card?

I think many people tight for a buck will simply go back to whatever
their ISP is offering or use Goggle. Either way, if you filter Goggle,
you won't see their messages and if you don't use Google and your ISP
doesn't think this group worth listing, the posts might lessen. Mine
will actually cease altogether... Stop the cheering, you're hurting my ears!

ISPs usually don't have any issues in carrying comp.* newsgroups. Just ask
them...

Old February 15th 05, 10:50 PM
Pritchard

--

Well, there we are! - if you hadn't spent (in your own words) 'the cost of
a small car' pursuing legal action against a Troll you might have been able

As it is, however..........bye, bye....

Old February 15th 05, 11:20 PM
Jeremy Nixon

Ryadia wrote:

I, and a lot of other people posting to this particular group use
News.individual.net for access to it. As of April fools day the service
is going to charge a fee for access. Charging for the service in OK but
how does an Australian pay a German without using a credit card?

They made the change specifically to get rid of you. They know you want
them to be held responsible for your posts, so they figure you're not
worth it, but everyone else will just pay the 10 Euros.

--
Jeremy |
Old February 16th 05, 12:14 AM
David H. Lipman

Exit 109 on the GSP - Red Bank area.

Gee, reminds me of Monmouth Internet !

--
Dave
Exit 105

"Jeremy Nixon" wrote in message
| Ryadia wrote:
|
| I, and a lot of other people posting to this particular group use
| News.individual.net for access to it. As of April fools day the service
| is going to charge a fee for access. Charging for the service in OK but
| how does an Australian pay a German without using a credit card?
|
| They made the change specifically to get rid of you. They know you want
| them to be held responsible for your posts, so they figure you're not
| worth it, but everyone else will just pay the 10 Euros.
|
| --
| Jeremy |

Old February 16th 05, 08:07 AM
Ryadia

Larry wrote:

I saw that the price is apparently 10 Euros a year... thats pretty cheap. Im
sure they will break down and take a check, its not like it wont have time to
clear the bank before April 1.

Probably the only sensible reply.
Almost done as I write.
Thanks Larry.

Doug
Old February 16th 05, 09:35 PM
Woodchuck Bill

Larry wrote in
T:

Im
sure they will break down and take a check

Not if they want the CC number for identification purposes.

--

Bill