Two questions

Old September 20th 15, 02:45 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Dale[_5_]

Default Two questions

On 09/16/2015 01:19 AM, android wrote:
it's eight bit and geared towards non profit web design. it should be ok
for that purpose...

next major version goes up to 32 bit, I think

--
Dale
http://www.dalekelly.org
Old September 20th 15, 04:58 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Sat, 19 Sep 2015 20:16:50 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

Rambus Crypto Manager is at the heart of it. See:

http://www.rambus.com/security/crypt...wall-security-
co
re-for-content-protection/
or http://tinyurl.com/o4gxxaj

that has nothing to do with what apple might or might not do.

I can't imagine Apple building 4K machines which will not handle
vidity. In that case they are limited to whoever can provide Crypto
Management hardware.

who said anything about building 4k machines?

They already do. See https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202856

this is about apple transitioning to arm processors for some macs,
something that is inevitable given the clues that are already out
there.

in the unlikely event the above becomes an issue, then apple will
likely skip 4k for affected systems. apple skipped bluray because of
the bull**** it involved. other companies might follow suit.

the movie industry needs to stop treating people like criminals.

keep in mind that that the iphone 6s/6s+ supports 4k.

If Vidity becomes a power in the land then Apple will have to
incorporate Crypto Manager or be left out.

Eric Stevens
Old September 20th 15, 05:00 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Sat, 19 Sep 2015 20:57:20 -0400, Alan Browne

On 2015-09-19 20:10, Eric Stevens wrote:
On Sat, 19 Sep 2015 09:27:02 -0400, Alan Browne

On 2015-09-19 00:58, Eric Stevens wrote:
On Sat, 19 Sep 2015 00:02:28 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

I'm betting Apple abandon Intel within the next 5 years (possibly 3) and
that they go all ARM (under the Apple Ax processor line) for OS X. Note
that iOS has high source code commonality with OS X (kernel to just
below the UI)

low end macs will probably move to arm fairly soon to gain significant
battery life improvements as well as reduce components cost.

high end macs will likely remain intel for the foreseeable future.

I suspect that SCSA (The Secure Content Storage Association), trading
as Vidity will have a major impact on who does what with which in the
near future.

how would that affect apple transitioning to another cpu platform?

I believe it will require a secure chipset. We shall have to wait and
see.

Apple can implement such independently of CPU choice. If you look at
how they implemented functions such as Secure Enclave and Apple's
various encryption schemes found in Messages, etc., implementing Vidity
is pretty ho-hum ordinary for them.

I don't know that they have any experience dealing with Differential
Power Analysis attacks. I think that's part of it.

I assume first that if Apple employ the technology they will do so
legally - that is to say with appropriate license and NDA's and all the
other nice stuff.

As to implementation, if Apple don't have the guys or gals who can do it
(and they likely do - in spades) they can buy the guys, gals or co. that
can do it well within the rounding errors of their payroll statement in
the quarterly report.

And Rambus, the patentee, will help them. One way or another they will
have to do it if they are not to be left out.

Eric Stevens
Old September 20th 15, 05:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

As to implementation, if Apple don't have the guys or gals who can do it
(and they likely do - in spades) they can buy the guys, gals or co. that
can do it well within the rounding errors of their payroll statement in
the quarterly report.

And Rambus, the patentee, will help them. One way or another they will
have to do it if they are not to be left out.

nonsense. apple does't need them and they have nothing to offer apple.
Old September 20th 15, 05:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

I can't imagine Apple building 4K machines which will not handle
vidity. In that case they are limited to whoever can provide Crypto
Management hardware.

who said anything about building 4k machines?

They already do. See https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202856

just the other day you said you can't imagine they'll make a 4k machine
without vidity and now you point it out.

you're also confusing connecting a 4k display with playing protected
content. they are two different things.

also, a processor transition has nothing to do with any of that.

If Vidity becomes a power in the land then Apple will have to
incorporate Crypto Manager or be left out.

big if.

if anyone is going to be left out, it's vidity.
Old September 20th 15, 06:02 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Sun, 20 Sep 2015 00:28:48 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

I can't imagine Apple building 4K machines which will not handle
vidity. In that case they are limited to whoever can provide Crypto
Management hardware.

who said anything about building 4k machines?

They already do. See https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202856

just the other day you said you can't imagine they'll make a 4k machine
without vidity and now you point it out.

you're also confusing connecting a 4k display with playing protected
content. they are two different things.

No I'm not. I'm saying a 4K machine without Vidity capability will be
handicapped in the market.

also, a processor transition has nothing to do with any of that.

It's got to work in with Crypto Manager which is not just software but
hardware.

Old September 20th 15, 06:03 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Sun, 20 Sep 2015 00:28:47 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

As to implementation, if Apple don't have the guys or gals who can do it
(and they likely do - in spades) they can buy the guys, gals or co. that
can do it well within the rounding errors of their payroll statement in
the quarterly report.

And Rambus, the patentee, will help them. One way or another they will
have to do it if they are not to be left out.

nonsense. apple does't need them and they have nothing to offer apple.

Fat lot you know.

Eric Stevens
Old September 20th 15, 07:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

Savageduck wrote:

nospam:

I DIDN'T WRITE THE LINE BELOW!

Seriously, quote levels exist for a reason. It's not like anybody
thought you wrote something NINE levels deep just because "savageduck
wrote:" above. It is blatantly obvious that the first level of
attribution relates to the first level of quotes.

And I really hope that your method of finding out who wrote what isn't
to count the level of the attribution and compare it to the quote level
for each paragraph.

--
Sandman
Old September 20th 15, 09:38 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Sun, 20 Sep 2015 17:02:38 +1200, Eric Stevens
wrote:

On Sun, 20 Sep 2015 00:28:48 -0400, nospam
wrote:

See the diagram on http://www.rambus.com/key-issuance-center/

Old September 20th 15, 11:21 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

I can't imagine Apple building 4K machines which will not handle
vidity. In that case they are limited to whoever can provide Crypto
Management hardware.

who said anything about building 4k machines?

They already do. See https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202856

just the other day you said you can't imagine they'll make a 4k machine
without vidity and now you point it out.

you're also confusing connecting a 4k display with playing protected
content. they are two different things.

No I'm not. I'm saying a 4K machine without Vidity capability will be
handicapped in the market.

no it won't.

apple has enough clout in the market to where vidity needs apple more
than apple needs vidity.

remember that apple gave a collective **** you to the blu-ray industry
that forced drm on everyone just to include blu-ray, which is why you
can use the drives on a mac but not play movies.