Sony A55 pellicle mirror camera EVF display is dim

Old October 31st 10, 02:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
TJ Hooker

Default Sony A55 pellicle mirror camera EVF display is dim

"RichA" wrote in message
I used it in a store environment and compared it to my G1. The
display is dim, no doubt due to the split-image mirror being used.
When I tacked up the exposure comp. to +2, it matched the G1, but then
you can't shoot images with it like that. It's odd the EVF doesn't
have some kind of (maybe it does?) gain-compensation to deal with the
light loss through the pellicle.
The display was sharp enough, but its dimness reminded me of the
cheaper Olympus optical viewfinders. The feel of the camera was ok,
but the grip depth wasn't as much as it should be and I found my
fingernails were hitting the body. The G1 grip depth is just slightly
deeper.

Sony should go into making chocholate tea pots.

Old October 31st 10, 03:12 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
TJ Hooker

"TJ Hooker" wrote in message
Sony should go into making chocholate tea pots.

Lets face it, Apple are trying to be what Sony were.

Slap your dick out and give bull**** marketing campaigns to say how good you
are, but no real substance when you have a two inch cock.

Old October 31st 10, 05:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

On 10-10-30 22:24 , TJ Hooker wrote:
"RichA" wrote in message
I used it in a store environment and compared it to my G1. The
display is dim, no doubt due to the split-image mirror being used.
When I tacked up the exposure comp. to +2, it matched the G1, but then

Someone had likely adjusted the display brightness low. This is a
problem with cameras in stores - you have no idea what state the last
person left it in...

--
gmail originated posts filtered due to spam.
Old October 31st 10, 05:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

On 10-10-30 23:12 , TJ Hooker wrote:

no real substance when you have a two inch cock.

I'm sure you can find a plastic surgeon who can help you.

--
gmail originated posts filtered due to spam.
Old October 31st 10, 09:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
peter

"RichA" wrote in message
I used it in a store environment and compared it to my G1. The
display is dim, no doubt due to the split-image mirror being used.
When I tacked up the exposure comp. to +2, it matched the G1, but then

Someone had likely adjusted the display brightness low. This is a
problem with cameras in stores - you have no idea what state the last
person left it in...

Obviously, it was left in whatever state the store was in.

--
Peter
Old November 3rd 10, 03:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Robert Coe

On Sun, 31 Oct 2010 17:55:15 -0400, peter
wrote:
: On 10/31/2010 1:32 PM, Alan Browne wrote:
: On 10-10-30 22:24 , TJ Hooker wrote:
: ...
:
: Someone had likely adjusted the display brightness low. This is a
: problem with cameras in stores - you have no idea what state the last
: person left it in...
:
:
: Obviously, it was left in whatever state the store was in.

Province. Ontario, probably, since that's where Rich lives.

Nice try, Peter, but that pun doesn't work in Canada. ;^)

Bob
Old November 3rd 10, 09:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

wrote:
: On 10/31/2010 1:32 PM, Alan Browne wrote:
: On 10-10-30 22:24 , TJ Hooker wrote:
: wrote in message
: ...
: I used it in a store environment and compared it to my G1. The
: display is dim, no doubt due to the split-image mirror being used.
: When I tacked up the exposure comp. to +2, it matched the G1, but then
:
: Someone had likely adjusted the display brightness low. This is a
: problem with cameras in stores - you have no idea what state the last
: person left it in...
:
:
: Obviously, it was left in whatever state the store was in.

Province. Ontario, probably, since that's where Rich lives.

Nice try, Peter, but that pun doesn't work in Canada. ;^)

They're too provincial up there to get it.

Puns are considered the lowest form of humour,
and some puns the lowest form of puns...

--
gmail originated posts filtered due to spam.
Old November 3rd 10, 10:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Dudley Hanks[_4_]

wrote:
: On 10/31/2010 1:32 PM, Alan Browne wrote:
: On 10-10-30 22:24 , TJ Hooker wrote:
: wrote in message
: ...
: I used it in a store environment and compared it to my G1. The
: display is dim, no doubt due to the split-image mirror being used.
: When I tacked up the exposure comp. to +2, it matched the G1, but then
:
: Someone had likely adjusted the display brightness low. This is a
: problem with cameras in stores - you have no idea what state the last
: person left it in...
:
:
: Obviously, it was left in whatever state the store was in.

Province. Ontario, probably, since that's where Rich lives.

Nice try, Peter, but that pun doesn't work in Canada. ;^)

They're too provincial up there to get it.

Puns are considered the lowest form of humour,
and some puns the lowest form of puns...

This thread is degenerating.

It's now outside the stated province of this newsgroup...

Take Care,
Dudley

Old November 4th 10, 12:54 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Robert Coe

On Wed, 03 Nov 2010 17:43:34 -0500, Dudley Hanks
wrote:
: Alan Browne wrote:
:
: wrote:
: : On 10/31/2010 1:32 PM, Alan Browne wrote:
: : On 10-10-30 22:24 , TJ Hooker wrote:
: : wrote in message
: : ...
: : I used it in a store environment and compared it to my G1. The
: : display is dim, no doubt due to the split-image mirror being used.
: : When I tacked up the exposure comp. to +2, it matched the G1, but then
: :
[...]

It's no longer a thread; it's a yarn.

Bob