Where to get Canon G7 in Hong Kong

Old October 29th 06, 01:33 AM posted to rec.photo.marketplace.digital,rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

Default Where to get Canon G7 in Hong Kong

Hi, Guys,

I'll visiting Hong Kong soon and would like to pick up a Canon G7 while
in town. Do you guys have any recommendation of which reliable and
honest camera shop to go to, and how much does the G7 cost? I really
hate the hassle of hard bargaining, or having to deal with all the hard
sell techniques.

Thanks!
ls

Old October 29th 06, 02:48 AM posted to rec.photo.marketplace.digital,rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.digital
bwoag

In Hong Kong you need to know a competitive or target price and be able to
keep this in mind with the currency conversion.
The discounts available with bargaining are not all that spectacular but are
several percentage points below what you can get from reliable vendors in
America.
You may also want to make certain that the warranty will be honored in your
country of origin.
No bargaining=no bargains.
Most stores post a price that is merely a starting point and is higher than
even they expect you to pay.

Old October 29th 06, 06:39 AM posted to rec.photo.marketplace.digital,rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.digital
Duncan

Shops around Mongkok and Kowloon seem to offer better prices but not on the
gear just the accessories. I picked up a Domke bag for HK$880 (HK$13.50 =
GBP1) half the price of one in the UK!

You'd really be better off buying in Singapore for kit IME.

Duncan

et...

Old October 29th 06, 01:35 PM posted to rec.photo.marketplace.digital,rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.digital
Duncan

No I live in the UK for the present. I just have seen better deals in
Singapore than HK.

It can be relative as currency has a part to play whether the currency you
earn your money in is against the currency you're buying in has a stronger
exchange rate.

Duncan

"minnesotti" wrote in message
ups.com...

wrote:

I'll visiting Hong Kong soon and would like to pick up a Canon G7 while
in town. Do you guys have any recommendation of which reliable and
honest camera shop to go to, and how much does the G7 cost? I really
hate the hassle of hard bargaining, or having to deal with all the hard
sell techniques.

You are posting from Singapore. Do you live there, or just passing ? I
presume the good deals are to be had in Singapore, too.

At eBay, I know of the two most popular (and reputable) online shops,
DigitalRev and T-Dimension. They have off-line shops in HK, too. For
example, DigitalRev quotes a price of HK$4300 (US$550) for G7,
http://www.digitalrev.com/en/product...rency_code=HKD
You can start from that.

Old November 22nd 06, 03:10 AM posted to rec.photo.marketplace.digital,rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

Market price of Canon G7 has dropped to HK$38xx.

http://www.tincheungcamera.com.hk/pr...oducts_id=2636

Regards,

Patrick

Duncan ¼g¹D¡G

Old December 13th 06, 06:54 AM posted to rec.photo.marketplace.digital,rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.digital
Tom M

Years ago I used to deal with "CONY LTD" in Kowloon.
They were great and shipped stuff to me in NY saving me a bundle.

Ciao,

Tom M