Can anyone help with this problem?

Old January 1st 08, 10:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
midnight apple

Default Can anyone help with this problem?

I've got an IT Works DC-6370 that I've had for about a year and a
half. It has new batteries in it.However, when I turn it on, it
turns on then shuts itself off again in about 4 seconds.Sometimes it
does this without retracting the lens. I've tried new battereis and
plugging in via an adaptor.
As it doesn't stay on along enough to look at any settings at all, I'm
a bit stuck for what to do.
The manual says for instruction/ driver updates etc refer to the web
site but there's no website address given. I've looked at KesaUK
(stated on bottom of camera, which seems to be the holding company for
Comet UK. (I actually bought it at Lidl). Any (useful) comments would
be welcome.
Old January 2nd 08, 05:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios

? "midnight apple" ?????? ??? ??????
I've got an IT Works DC-6370 that I've had for about a year and a
half. It has new batteries in it.However, when I turn it on, it
turns on then shuts itself off again in about 4 seconds.Sometimes it
does this without retracting the lens. I've tried new battereis and
plugging in via an adaptor.
As it doesn't stay on along enough to look at any settings at all, I'm
a bit stuck for what to do.
The manual says for instruction/ driver updates etc refer to the web
site but there's no website address given. I've looked at KesaUK
(stated on bottom of camera, which seems to be the holding company for
Comet UK. (I actually bought it at Lidl). Any (useful) comments would
be welcome.

I have a 7 Mp camera that I bought in lidl, a nytech www.nytech.de which I
have for a year and I'm happy with.(180 euros).Also my romanian friend
bought a lesser one (100 euros).Have you tried www.lidl.co.uk or
whatever?Have you still got the original receipt, so that you can ask a
cashier?Maybe a technically challenged friend?
HTH,

--
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
major in electrical engineering

Old January 2nd 08, 05:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Marvin[_2_]

midnight apple wrote:
I've got an IT Works DC-6370 that I've had for about a year and a
half. It has new batteries in it.However, when I turn it on, it
turns on then shuts itself off again in about 4 seconds.Sometimes it
does this without retracting the lens. I've tried new battereis and
plugging in via an adaptor.
As it doesn't stay on along enough to look at any settings at all, I'm
a bit stuck for what to do.
The manual says for instruction/ driver updates etc refer to the web
site but there's no website address given. I've looked at KesaUK
(stated on bottom of camera, which seems to be the holding company for
Comet UK. (I actually bought it at Lidl). Any (useful) comments would
be welcome.

The symptoms suggest that there is something physically
wrong with your camera, and a software update isn't likely
to fix it.

Your camera seems to be the same as the Premier DC-6370. It
is not a standard brand. You could check with a camera shop
about a repair, but it is likely to cost you as much as a
new camera. If you buy a replacement, I'd suggest that you
stick with one of the established brands.
Old January 2nd 08, 11:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Roy G[_2_]

"Marvin" wrote in message
midnight apple wrote:
[...]

Hi

The problem with this type of "Unknown" make of camera, ( and there a lot of
them being advertised and sold in the type of outlets which don't carry
"Known" makes), is that they are usually unrepairable, because there is no
availability of spare parts.

If you replace it, do so with a "Known" make.

Roy G

Old January 3rd 08, 09:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
midnight apple

midnight apple wrote:
[...]

Thanks for your advice Roy - it's advice I have been receiving loud
and clear from all quarters and will be heeded!