Black Level on TVs, was: Why is video inverted for transmission?

Old September 26th 07, 06:02 AM posted to sci.electronics.basics,rec.video.desktop,rec.photo.digital,sci.electronics.design
Clark Martin

Default Black Level on TVs, was: Why is video inverted for transmission?

In article ,
Ron Hunter wrote:

Jerry Avins wrote:
glen herrmannsfeldt wrote:

Lead gives a yellow tint. I have seen lead-glass bricks used for
radiation shielding that you can see through. They might be more
than 50% lead by weight and only a light yellow color.

I've seen those leaded glass blocks used for viewing portals into
radiation treatment rooms. They had a fairly strong yellow tint, as in
everything was in black and yellow.

Yellow: interesting. The best yellow glazes I've seen contain uranium.

That was the original use for uranium, yellow coloring. And thorium was
used in dental powder.

Jerry

Grin.
Now there is a great idea, uranium glass for radiation shielding....
BTW, is there a warning on those lead glass bricks about not eating
them, or letting children play with them? More paranoia.

Guess what. Uranium IS used for radiation shielding. I used to work
for a company that makes linear accelerators. In some models a plate of
depleted uranium is used as there isn't much room. Uranium is something
like 2.5 times as dense as lead.

It can only be used in the low energy machines. The high energy
machines produce neutrons and those you don't want around uranium.

--
Clark Martin