CANON - The Great Innovator (was: CANON – The Great Pretender)

Old August 22nd 04, 10:21 PM
Tony Spadaro

One should point out punctuation to people who think that owning a 4x5
camera makes them a pro (or should that be "makes them prose"?).
I'm never in a bad mood when that moron John Douglas shows up - It's fun
to have an airbag or two to puncture.
Can't say the same about Browne though - some airbags just emanate
noxious gas, and he is one of that group.
--
http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto
"Mark M" wrote in message

"Alan Browne" wrote in message
.. .
Tony Spadaro wrote:

Mark, you might want to point out to that nerk John that pros don't

put
an
apostrophy in the word.
"Pro's don't use 35mm."

... and on usenet, obsession with punctuation and grammar is
usually the sign of somebody with little else valuable to say.

Tony was just in a bad mood.

Old August 22nd 04, 10:49 PM
William Graham

"Mark M" wrote in message

"Colin D" wrote in message
Tony Spadaro wrote:

Mark, you might want to point out to that nerk John that pros don't

put
an
apostrophy in the word.
"Pro's don't use 35mm."
What a maroon!

Err, they should, though, it's an abbreviation not ending in the last
letter of the full word.

Use of an apostrophe wouldn't apply to an abbreviation anyway unless

you're
showing posession...
It ain't not gonna's work's them's way's like's he's done's it.

I think that he's saying that the, " ' " = "fessional", so instead of
saying, "professionals" he says, "pro's".

Old August 22nd 04, 10:59 PM
David J Taylor

Mark M wrote:
[]
Tony was just in a bad mood.

He Killfiled me under similar circumstances.....my proudest moment!

Cheers,
David

Old August 22nd 04, 11:01 PM
Mark M

"Colin D" wrote in message
Tony Spadaro wrote:

Mark, you might want to point out to that nerk John that pros don't

put
an
apostrophy in the word.
"Pro's don't use 35mm."
What a maroon!

Err, they should, though, it's an abbreviation not ending in the last
letter of the full word.

Use of an apostrophe wouldn't apply to an abbreviation anyway unless

you're
showing posession...
It ain't not gonna's work's them's way's like's he's done's it.

I think that he's saying that the, " ' " = "fessional", so instead of
saying, "professionals" he says, "pro's".

I don't think that works either...but when push comes to shove...it doesn't
really matter on use-net...

Old August 22nd 04, 11:04 PM
Mark M

"Tony Spadaro" wrote in message
r.com...
One should point out punctuation to people who think that owning a 4x5
camera makes them a pro (or should that be "makes them prose"?).
I'm never in a bad mood when that moron John Douglas shows up - It's

fun
to have an airbag or two to puncture.
Can't say the same about Browne though - some airbags just emanate
noxious gas, and he is one of that group.

OK... So you didn't go for the little keyboard gizmo...
How about this:
I've got this great punching bag in my garage.
The best thing about it is that it's not just a bag...it looks like a person
from teh waist--up.
So... You can beat the crap out of anyone you imagine him to be!
Best of all, he looks like a real thug in need of a nice beating.
Does wonders for when irritating people get out of hand...

Old August 22nd 04, 11:17 PM
William Graham

"Colin D" wrote in message
Tony Spadaro wrote:

[...]

Yeah.....If I can decipher the message at all, I usually don't bother to
attempt to correct it......After all, I'm lucky that English is my native
language. I thank God that I don't have to do this in some other
language.....

Old August 22nd 04, 11:28 PM
Mark M

"William Graham" wrote in message
newsX8Wc.39192$Fg5.12645@attbi_s53...

"Colin D" wrote in message
Tony Spadaro wrote:

[...]

I am convinced that English is one of the world's worst languages when it
comes to correct use and spelling, etc.
So many broken "rules" of spelling, conjugation, and grammar, as well as so
many identical words with different meanings--and even pronunciations.
-Truly a mess of a language.
I suppose this comes from the fact that English has such a mixture of
influence from so many other languages.
Look up the word "run" in the dictionary for a mind-bogglingly long list of
definitions.
I pity the person who has to learn English as an adult (kids pick up any
language like they do ice cream).

Old August 22nd 04, 11:40 PM
William Graham

"Colin D" wrote in message
Tony Spadaro wrote:

[...]

Yes, and it's changing all the time. There must be several new words being
hatched up every day....Probably also a result of the foreign influence. And
people are also turning the verbs into nouns and visa-versa all the time.
And the teen-age slang that is always coming up the pipe....I'm sure glad
that I don't have to publish a dictionary....