Be careful about photographing your kids!

Old October 18th 03, 11:56 AM
Mxsmanic

Default Be careful about photographing your kids!

B.Rumary writes:

Don't he? Just see how many cops turn up at his house if it gets burgled, and
how fast they get there, and how long they stay to investigate.

How many cops turn up, and how fast do they get there, and how long do
they stay? I didn't even know he had been robbed.

Old October 18th 03, 12:05 PM
B.Rumary

William Graham wrote:

If
Bill Gates doesn't get any more fire and police, and Army protection from
the government than I do, then he shouldn't have to pay any more for it than
I do.....

Don't he? Just see how many cops turn up at his house if it gets burgled, and
how fast they get there, and how long they stay to investigate.

Then see how much "service" they give ordinary John Doe in the same situation.

The same applies if someone makes threats against you or makes your life a
misery by their rowdy behaviour. The rich always get special treatment, except
when _they_ break the law; then suddenly the law looses all interest, unless
they really rub the cops faces in it.

Brian Rumary, England

http://freespace.virgin.net/brian.rumary/homepage.htm

Old October 18th 03, 01:29 PM
Ron Hunter

B.Rumary wrote:
William Graham wrote:

If
Bill Gates doesn't get any more fire and police, and Army protection from
the government than I do, then he shouldn't have to pay any more for it than
I do.....

Don't he? Just see how many cops turn up at his house if it gets burgled, and
how fast they get there, and how long they stay to investigate.

Then see how much "service" they give ordinary John Doe in the same situation.

The same applies if someone makes threats against you or makes your life a
misery by their rowdy behaviour. The rich always get special treatment, except
when _they_ break the law; then suddenly the law looses all interest, unless
they really rub the cops faces in it.

Brian Rumary, England

http://freespace.virgin.net/brian.rumary/homepage.htm

Unfortunate, but true, and practically universal.

Old October 18th 03, 01:35 PM
Ron Hunter

Mxsmanic wrote:

B.Rumary writes:

Don't he? Just see how many cops turn up at his house if it gets burgled, and
how fast they get there, and how long they stay to investigate.

How many cops turn up, and how fast do they get there, and how long do
they stay? I didn't even know he had been robbed.

He said if. And IF Gates house were broken into, it would take a whole
corps of them to just check the perimeter of a 45,000 sq. ft. house no
multiple levels going up a hill.

Old October 18th 03, 04:19 PM
otzi

It can be fairly said that sex itself has proven to be a hot potato
unmanageable by any but the most profound human institution.

It's not the *sex* that's the issue at this time. For ever has that been a
guarded and protected institution. Although I hold with the writers
admonition. No, it's the issue of nudity that's got nickers in seemingly
meaningless knots. The considering that somehow the human body is defiled
by definition and so must be covered up, hidden with only the wearers idea
of style to masquerade beyond closed doors.

Consider, -- nudity is normal, clothes are merely a prop. Used sometimes
wisely, sometimes not so for the benefit of a public performance. It is no
accident that in ages where nudity is most vulgar coincide with the era of
more outlandish tastes and couture extravagances.

Otzi

Old October 18th 03, 08:52 PM
William Graham

"B.Rumary" wrote in message
William Graham wrote:

[...]

I think you are confusing news reporters for police.........

But, in any case, he (Bill Gates) is paying billions more in taxes than I
am, so he's entitled to a few more cops....And firemen too, when his 50 room
mansion is on fire.....The difference in what he pays is way out of
proportion to the difference in the services he gets......

Old October 18th 03, 08:55 PM
William Graham

"Ron Hunter" wrote in message
Mxsmanic wrote:

B.Rumary writes:

Don't he? Just see how many cops turn up at his house if it gets

burgled, and
how fast they get there, and how long they stay to investigate.

How many cops turn up, and how fast do they get there, and how long do
they stay? I didn't even know he had been robbed.

He said if. And IF Gates house were broken into, it would take a whole
corps of them to just check the perimeter of a 45,000 sq. ft. house no
multiple levels going up a hill.

The security system that someone like Bill Gates must have would be nothing
short of awsome......He would know that he is going to be burgeled an hour
ahead of time......His own security people would hand deliver the crooks,
together with the videotaped evidence, into the hands of the police without
them (the police) having to even interrupt their card game.......

Old October 20th 03, 03:23 AM
Mike Lookinland

Here's what happens when you dare to photograph your own children:
http://www.dallasobserver.com/issues...l/1/index.html

That is thanks to Ronald Reagan who signed into law where it makes previously
innocent photos like this, and now classifies them as child porn. Now,
even a pencil sketch of a child with sexual organs showing will get you
arrested as is now considered child porn.

Think that is scary? Look up and read the PATRIOT ACTS that Bush and
Aschcroft have put into law! The USA is now the scariest country in the
world to live in.

Old October 22nd 03, 04:32 PM
Mxsmanic

Lionel writes:

Unless the police claim you're a terrorist, child-pornographer or
drug-dealer, of course, in which case the 'innocent until proven guilty'
concept no longer applies.

And under current law, just about everyone qualifies under at least one
of these categories. Have you ever taken baby pictures, disagreed with
the government, or used a banknote that might have passed through the
hands of a drug dealer at any time, anyplace in history?

Old October 22nd 03, 04:53 PM
Gus

Lionel wrote:

Word has it that on Thu, 16 Oct 2003 06:44:28 GMT, in this august forum,
"William Graham" said:

(snip)

This is the rec.photo.digital NG, isn't it?