Be careful about photographing your kids!

Old October 16th 03, 10:28 PM
Ron Hunter

Default Be careful about photographing your kids!

Mxsmanic wrote:

Ron Hunter writes:

Well, you haven't kept up. Underwear ads showing someone under age 18
are illegal in the US. Sad, isn't it?

I was watching _Tomorrow Never Dies_ yesterday and it occurred to me
that it must be legally child pornography in the U.S. now, since there's
a scene in it in which the camera sees a small boy being bathed by his
mom from the back.

Quite possible, but it seems the movies get a LOT more lattitude than
the pictures you take to Wal-Mart for printing.

Old October 16th 03, 10:28 PM
Gregory W. Blank

In article ,
Mxsmanic wrote:

Lionel writes:

And that's worse than a shop being robbed, because...?

Because it's a church (not to be confused with a mosque, which is okay
to rob).

Your are an idiot. Correction you both are.

--

website:
http://members.bellatlantic.net/~gblank
Old October 16th 03, 10:30 PM
Ron Hunter

William Graham wrote:

"Gregory W. Blank" wrote in message

In article %kljb.788434$uu5.137472@sccrnsc04,
"William Graham" wrote:

I "opt" to not pay my auto insurance?

Trying to make a point that certain things although seemingly unfair
are required. Someone I know actually did just that for over 6 months
eventually he was arrested after several warnings.

Where on earth did you get that
idea? - I'll tell you something....Both you and I pay way too much for

auto

insurance...

That I absolutely agree with, but I think anyone caught going over 80 mph
and driving agressively should automatically have their car taken away,

and privledge

to driver suspended indefinately.

.If you own more vehicles than you have drivers in your family
(as I have for most of my life) then you pay 100% of a liability premium

for

one vehicle, and 80% of a liability premium for each of the other

vehicles

even though they are safely parked in your garage, and can't be driven
unless you are a circus performer and can drive two or more cars at the

same

time......The insurance companies have gotten laws on the books that

force

everyone, by law, to pay way more for liability insurance than it can
possibly be worth. And, furthermore, they did it by paying our (yours

and

my) congressmen under the table to get those laws on the books. -

Just as

an experiment, why don't you try writing to the insurance commissioner

in

your state and ask about this

I just might, I have written to congressman/women in the past concerning

other

issues, I also think I'll mention being batched in with all the *ssholes

driving above 80 mph

and changing lanes.

.......Then post the answer you get.....What's
that you say? - You have never written to your insurance commissioner?

Well,

it's high time you get started, if you are the, "good citizen" that you
claim to be.....(paying your parking tickets and all that stuff....)

Actually I never get parking tickets, I put money in the meter first which

is

a small price compared to the hassle otherwise. I also mention I have

never had

a speeding ticket in 26 years of driving. Police are pulling agressive

drivers, lane changers

people going 80 mph and beyond. How does a $175+ ticket sound to you,....I

am

on my good behaviour regarding speeding.

I am a lot more concerned with reckless drivers than speeders....Speeding,
by itself is relatively harmless....Modern cars on modern roads are capable
of going a lot faster than most speed limits....It's the guys that follow
the cars ahead of them at 50 feet or less at 80 mph that concern me. If I
drive sanely on the freeway, (80mph with 250 feet between me and the car
ahead) I am passed and cut in front of by 50 or more cars in a fifty mile
stretch of road....And every time a car does that, I have to back off
another 50 feet or more to keep a safe distance behind him.
Put money in meters? - Sure, I've done it.....And gotten ticketed
anyway, dozens of times.....I just got one the other day, when my wife and I
put $2.50 in a machine in Portland, and it gave us no ticket, so we had to
leave the car with no proof of payment.....The next time I went up there, I
had my garage sale plates on the car.....I can't afford to spend my life in
a courthouse protesting a $10 fine, so I fight with the "Thoreau"
method....Cival Disobedience.........After I use my garage sale plates to
save the $10 fine, maybe....just maybe, I'll start stuffing the meters
again, but you can bet on one thing....When I leave this world, The
state/city isn't going to owe me anything....I will have taken what's mine
in advance......

Now THERE'S a attitude for all of us to aspire to. sigh.
There you have it, folks, the ideal example of the 'me' generation.

Old October 16th 03, 10:31 PM
Gregory W. Blank

In article ,
Mxsmanic wrote:
..

What correlation is there between "references" (whatever that means) and
truth?

I did not think you had proof, now your just confirming it.
Thanks for proving the point.

Old October 16th 03, 10:34 PM
Gregory W. Blank

In article ,
Mxsmanic wrote:

When I look at people through the viewfinder, they are just targets.

Sooo first you shoot them,,.....the you eat them.

Old October 16th 03, 10:37 PM
Ron Hunter

Alan Browne wrote:

William Graham wrote:

I've read claims of the likelyhood that 40% of kiddie-porn users
eventually 'have to have the real thing'.

But using that logic, we should all have to spend our lives in padded
cells
under continuous round-the-clock surveillance because some percentage
of us
will certainly committ heneius crimes if allowed to have the freedom
to come
and go as we please.......I think you have a serious problem
understanding
what the constitution and the freedoms guranteed by that document really
are.......

You're perverting the message to your conclusion, I merely quoted the
opinion that k-p users have a need for real contact. By providing them
with a 'no-children-harmed-in-the-making' version of k-p, they would be
provided with material that incites some number of them to seek out
children.

Your opinion, and not matched by any research into the subject.

The point at issue is whether synthetic/virtual kiddie-porn should be
legal or protected under free-speech as there are "no victims". But if
this "virtual reality" incites the lust that these perverts have and
they go out and look for _your_ children, grandchildren, nephews,
nieces... what will you say then?

To put them in jail, for what they DID, not what they THOUGHT.

We are talking about children here, and all children deserve our
protection from things they do not yet understand and are not fully
equipped to handle. I remember when my son was given greater reign to
cycle around town, how I was compelled to give him strict instructions
about dealing with strangers.

Good advice, but the fact is that 99.999% of everyone your son meets
wouldn't harm him if THEIR life depended on it. Is it really worth
making a child fearful and distrusting of everyone just on the off
chance he might suffer? And the FACT is that most molestations are done
by people the child KNOWS, so the 'stranger danger' is a very rare thing.

If you seriously believe that the B-of-Rights authors could have forseen
the effect of communications technology on issues such as k-p, you are
giving them far too much foresight. Article V is in the original C. for
a reason. But partisan politics has prevented its use for the
betterment of the constitution.

I suppose that the only KP available to the founders of the US was the
kind in paintings, of which there are many. However, the attitude
toward what we call 'child molestation' was VASTLY different then.

The US C. may be a great study in foundation law, but to actually
believe that it is adequate unto the day is foolhardy.

NO, it is wisdom. Thinking that you know better than those guys what an
irresonsible, and non-responsive government can do to its citizens is
foolhardy.

Alan.

Old October 16th 03, 11:01 PM
William Graham

"Gregory W. Blank" wrote in message
In article V%Cjb.573984$cF.246582@rwcrnsc53,
"William Graham" wrote:

I am a lot more concerned with reckless drivers than

speeders....Speeding,
by itself is relatively harmless....Modern cars on modern roads are

capable
of going a lot faster than most speed limits....It's the guys that

follow
the cars ahead of them at 50 feet or less at 80 mph that concern me. If

drive sanely on the freeway, (80mph with 250 feet between me and the car
ahead) I am passed and cut in front of by 50 or more cars in a fifty

mile
stretch of road....And every time a car does that, I have to back off
another 50 feet or more to keep a safe distance behind him.

Yep couldn't agree with this more.

[...]

Pardon my ignorance but what are "Garage Sale Plates"?

There are a lot of people who collect automobile license plates.....These
are plates that are removed by the junkyard operators from cars that have
been wrecked or abandonded, or sold for parts.....You can find these license
plates in second hand stores, or garage sales, or junk stores....I have
found a set in the past that were still "good" for another 6 months.....IOW,
the little red sticker on the lower left corner still had 6 months to go
before it expired. And, both the front and the rear plate were available.
But, in any case, I have many sets of these plates, most of which I paid
less than $5.00 a set for, and I can put them on my car when I park, so the
parking tickets that I get are worthless....When the city tries to collect
on them, they do not have a valid address for me....The plates in their
computer system lead them down a blind alley, to a car that no longer
exists.....The same would be true were I to get a speeding ticket from a
machine, usually located in a tunnel, that uses a camera with a flashgun
that senses my speed, and then takes a picture of my plates as I speed
by......This ticket too, would end up in, "never-never land".....We don't
have any machines like this here in Oregon, but they have quite a few of
them in other places....I know they use them in Germany, because my nephew
was stationed there while in the Army, and he told me about them over ten
years ago. At one time, I had so many untraceable parking tickets on one of
my favorite vehicles that I seriously considered papering the wall of my
room with them.......Parking tickets are especially abomidable to me, since
I consider them to be illegal....The streets belong to me, not the police or
my government. Also, they are costly to the local merchants, since they
drive people to shop in malls that have free parking in their lots and
parking garages. Why park on the street and risk a $10 (or more) ticket to
patronize a local merchant, when you can go to the mall and park for free
and buy your stuff there? In some cities in California, the local merchants
have taken up a collection and paid their local governments off to remove
the parking meters. The merchants have, "underwritten" the funds the city
usually collects, IOW, and just pay the extra taxes to not have their
customers bothered by the meters.....They did this in Palo Alto some years
back......

Old October 16th 03, 11:07 PM
William Graham

"Ron Hunter" wrote in message
Mxsmanic wrote:

Ron Hunter writes:

Well, you haven't kept up. Underwear ads showing someone under age 18
are illegal in the US. Sad, isn't it?

I was watching _Tomorrow Never Dies_ yesterday and it occurred to me
that it must be legally child pornography in the U.S. now, since there's
a scene in it in which the camera sees a small boy being bathed by his
mom from the back.

Quite possible, but it seems the movies get a LOT more lattitude than
the pictures you take to Wal-Mart for printing.

I hope you guys realize that this is really just a petty bureaucracy
problem......There is no way to identify what is legally pornographic and
what is not....It is always up to some tight lipped religious fanatical
bureaucrat, who revells in the power he/she has in giving someone with twice
his/her education and twice his/her salery a hard time.......

Old October 16th 03, 11:22 PM
William Graham

"Ron Hunter" wrote in message
save the $10 fine, maybe....just maybe, I'll start stuffing the meters
again, but you can bet on one thing....When I leave this world, The
state/city isn't going to owe me anything....I will have taken what's

mine
in advance......

Now THERE'S a attitude for all of us to aspire to. sigh.
There you have it, folks, the ideal example of the 'me' generation.

You bet your sweet patootie......The government is WAY too big, and WAY too
expensive, and if you are the kind of person who just says, "Where's my pen,
Hortence....I have to write a check to the city/state/federal government",
without making sure that YOUR rights haven't been violated first, then YOU
are the one who is responsible for it, and YOU will get everything YOU
deserve down the road, when they usher YOU into your private padded
cell.......On second thought, you will probably escape.....It's your
grandchildren (and mine) who will eventually pay the piper, when you are
safely tucked away in your coffin........But at least, I will have done what
I could to slow the process down.....Tell me, Ron, have you ever found out
just who sets the DMV rates on your vehicles every year? - Did you elect
these individuals? If not, then who did? - Or, who appointed them? - And
what guidelines did they follow when they decided that you have to pay
$xxx.yy for that Buick you drive? And have you ever gone into a DMV office
and watched one of their employees? - What did he/she do? I'll give you a
hint. (I have watched them) They go to a girl friends desk and talk. Then
they telephone another girl friend, and talk. Then they go to someone else's
desk and talk. then they go to lunch. Then they go to another phone and
phone another girl friend and talk. Then......You get the idea? - And they
are all doing it on your money, and mine......

Old October 16th 03, 11:41 PM
Gregory W. Blank

In article ,
"William Graham" wrote:

There are a lot of people who collect automobile license plates....

Most interesting, what would happen if you actually got pulled
over with the tags on?