The Market: MILCs Steady but RILCs are Falling

Old March 3rd 17, 05:04 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

Default The Market: MILCs Steady but RILCs are Falling

According to LensVid. MILCs (Mirror Less Interchangeable Lens Cameras)
sales are rather steady at 3.1 million but RILCs (Reflex Interchangeable
Lens Cameras) a mere 8.2 falling from 13 in 2013...

Still a healthy market if you ask me. The drop in RILCs are easily
explained by that the technology has matured and that people thus are
keeping their gear longer.

https://lensvid.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Infographics-2016-03.jpg

https://lensvid.com/gear/lensvid-exc...raphy-industry
-2016/

Via CanonRumors.com.
--
teleportation kills
Old March 3rd 17, 09:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alfred Molon[_4_]

In article , android
says...

According to LensVid. MILCs (Mirror Less Interchangeable Lens Cameras)
sales are rather steady at 3.1 million but RILCs (Reflex Interchangeable
Lens Cameras) a mere 8.2 falling from 13 in 2013...

Still a healthy market if you ask me. The drop in RILCs are easily
explained by that the technology has matured and that people thus are
keeping their gear longer.

The same excuse could be applied to the MILCs (people keeping their gear
longer), but there hasn't been a drop in sales of MILCs, so clearly
MILCs is where the market is going. Sooner or later RILCs will sell
fewer units than MILCs.

Old March 4th 17, 08:15 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
Alfred Molon wrote:

In article , android
says...

According to LensVid. MILCs (Mirror Less Interchangeable Lens Cameras)
sales are rather steady at 3.1 million but RILCs (Reflex Interchangeable
Lens Cameras) a mere 8.2 falling from 13 in 2013...

Still a healthy market if you ask me. The drop in RILCs are easily
explained by that the technology has matured and that people thus are
keeping their gear longer.

The same excuse could be applied to the MILCs (people keeping their gear
longer), but there hasn't been a drop in sales of MILCs, so clearly
MILCs is where the market is going. Sooner or later RILCs will sell
fewer units than MILCs.

The MILCs has not reached the same market penetration yet.

Old March 4th 17, 08:15 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
RichA wrote:

On Friday, 3 March 2017 00:05:01 UTC-5, android wrote:
According to LensVid. MILCs (Mirror Less Interchangeable Lens Cameras)
sales are rather steady at 3.1 million but RILCs (Reflex Interchangeable
Lens Cameras) a mere 8.2 falling from 13 in 2013...

Still a healthy market if you ask me. The drop in RILCs are easily
explained by that the technology has matured and that people thus are
keeping their gear longer.

https://lensvid.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Infographics-2016-03.jpg

https://lensvid.com/gear/lensvid-exc...raphy-industry
-2016/

Via CanonRumors.com.
--
teleportation kills

The only place keeping DSLR's alive is North America.

RILCs are alive everythere but the other markets, especially Europe
considering its population are richer for camera MFs and could thus be
more saturated with RILCs.

Camera sales in percent: Europe 32, Americas 27 and AAA (Asia, Africa
and Australia et al) 45.

This chart shows that it's the compacts that are dying, not ILCs...

https://petapixel.com/2017/03/03/lat...-reveals-death
-compact-camera/

Yes. My Xperia M4 smart phone takes good snaps and my EOS-M fits nicely
in a wide pocket.
--
teleportation kills
Old March 4th 17, 10:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alfred Molon[_4_]

In article , android
says...
The MILCs has not reached the same market penetration yet.

It's on its way to transform the RILC into a niche product.
--
Alfred Molon

Old March 5th 17, 05:04 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
Alfred Molon wrote:

In article , android
says...
The MILCs has not reached the same market penetration yet.

It's on its way to transform the RILC into a niche product.

Not for it's major use. I have both right now and while I think that I
get better control in the live view of the M than the OVF of the old
1000fn that I got for USD10 it does certainly not beat the view finder
of the 1D2. Call it a niche product if you like but I think that the EVF
wont catch up with high end OVFs for a long time and until it does there
will be photogs, not nospam of course that both prefer and will pay for
that extra control that a really good OVF can offer.
--
teleportation kills
Old March 5th 17, 07:38 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2017-03-05 05:04:35 +0000, android said:

In article ,
Alfred Molon wrote:

In article , android
says...
The MILCs has not reached the same market penetration yet.

It's on its way to transform the RILC into a niche product.

Not for it's major use. I have both right now and while I think that I
get better control in the live view of the M than the OVF of the old
1000fn that I got for USD10 it does certainly not beat the view finder
of the 1D2. Call it a niche product if you like but I think that the EVF
wont catch up with high end OVFs for a long time and until it does there
will be photogs, not nospam of course that both prefer and will pay for
that extra control that a really good OVF can offer.

If you can find one, try an X-T2. The EVF on that is as good as most
OVF's if not better.

Savageduck

Old March 5th 17, 08:38 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

On 2017-03-05 05:04:35 +0000, android said:

In article ,
Alfred Molon wrote:

In article , android
says...
The MILCs has not reached the same market penetration yet.

It's on its way to transform the RILC into a niche product.

Not for it's major use. I have both right now and while I think that I
get better control in the live view of the M than the OVF of the old
1000fn that I got for USD10 it does certainly not beat the view finder
of the 1D2. Call it a niche product if you like but I think that the EVF
wont catch up with high end OVFs for a long time and until it does there
will be photogs, not nospam of course that both prefer and will pay for
that extra control that a really good OVF can offer.

If you can find one, try an X-T2. The EVF on that is as good as most
OVF's if not better.

Well, I'm not ready to leave the RILC yet but sees the MILC as a more
compact alternative that have some lackings. A compromise but then again
everything is... What do you need today?
--
teleportation kills