BAN: Photography on USA trains and buses

Old June 24th 04, 09:58 PM
Tim V.

Default BAN: Photography on USA trains and buses

"david.mccall" wrote in

"Chris Phillipo" wrote in message
.. .

America said "It's not our war" for a full two years after Canada was
in there fighing and would not have joined in at all if the Germans
hadn't taken the bait of a little sacrificial lamb by the name of the
Lusitania. Another war crime by an US president that went
unpunished.

My history book was different than yours. The US was in a very
"dovish" period at the beginning of WWII. It wasn't until after they
had sunk a few of our merchant marine vessels, and had their subs
stationed along our coast that we decided that we had better put an
end to it. I guess we must have decided that the Canadians weren't
doing the job any better a job at ending the war than the Europeans
were. We weren't a world power and didn't have beans for a military at
that time, but we were able to build one quick. Many thousands of
Ships, tanks, jeeps, airplanes, etc. The numbers are mind boggling,
not only in equipment, but in trained soldiers. Very little of
which even existed before we entered the war.

Don't forget about all the Lend-Lease stuff we did for Britain while
remaining "neutral". It wasn't really neutral behavior. I don't know
about Canadians not doing a good enough job. I have no problems with
how they fought.

I might add that the Europeans could have handled Hitler very easily
if they had gotten involved a little earlier instead of taking the
same attitude
that they are taking with the terrorist. "Oh he really isn't any
danger to us".

Boy-howdy. You hit the nail on the head here. You'd think France
would know this more than anyone else! If the Allies had stood up to
Germany in the mid-30's, it would have saved many lives. If a skirmish
had broken out, it wouldn't have been anywhere near the size of WWII.

--
Tim.

"Those who give up essential liberties for temporary safety deserve
neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin