Nikon D50 or Canon 350D???

Old June 10th 06, 06:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Nikon D50 or Canon 350D???

That is the question.
Which one to buy?

Old June 10th 06, 06:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

jazu wrote:
That is the question.
Which one to buy?

You might look here
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/compare_post.asp?method=sidebyside&cameras=canon_e os350d%2Cnikon_d50&show=all

Scott

Old June 10th 06, 07:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

jazu wrote:
That is the question.
Which one to buy?

My crystal ball is broken today...

www.pbase.com/markuson

Old June 10th 06, 09:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

On 10/6/06 18:39, in article otDig.6655$Mn5.4146@pd7tw3no, "jazu"
wrote:

That is the question.
Which one to buy?

The Nikon.

Old June 10th 06, 09:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

On 10/6/06 21:12, in article , "teflon"
wrote:

On 10/6/06 18:39, in article otDig.6655$Mn5.4146@pd7tw3no, "jazu"
wrote:

That is the question.
Which one to buy?

The Nikon.

....or the Canon.

Old June 10th 06, 10:17 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

In article .com,
"Scott W" wrote:

jazu wrote:
That is the question.
Which one to buy?

You might look here
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/comp...ide&cameras=ca
non_eos350d%2Cnikon_d50&show=all

Scott

I did some test prints using sharpened sample images from dpreview. I'm
a nikon film slr user but the rebel pics seemed much sharper. Does the
2Mp make that much difference? Do my observations match what others have
found?
Old June 10th 06, 10:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

teflon wrote:
On 10/6/06 21:12, in article ,
"teflon" wrote:

On 10/6/06 18:39, in article otDig.6655$Mn5.4146@pd7tw3no, "jazu"
wrote:

That is the question.
Which one to buy?

The Nikon.

...or the Canon.

She loves me...she loves me not...

OK.
-Canon it is!

www.pbase.com/markuson

Old June 11th 06, 12:05 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

jazu wrote:

That is the question.
Which one to buy?

I really wish some of the people asking this question would google the
archives first, it gets asked at least twice a week.

Look at the _system_. What do you want to do with it? If all you want to
do is take pictures of the kids and print them out 6x7 then save your money
and get a Canon S3 or a Panasonic FZ7. If you're serious about
photography, look at the _system_ and consider what you're going to be
doing--either will do fine for _most_ purposes but there are specialized
pieces in both systems that don't have equivalents in the other--if you
need one of those pieces you'll do better with the system that has it.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
Old June 11th 06, 01:10 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

The lens makes a difference too.

--
Joan

"Tim" wrote in message
: In article .com,
: "Scott W" wrote:
:
: jazu wrote:
: That is the question.
: Which one to buy?
: You might look here
:

Old June 11th 06, 02:05 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

J. Clarke wrote:
jazu wrote:

That is the question.
Which one to buy?

I really wish some of the people asking this question would google the
archives first, it gets asked at least twice a week.

Look at the _system_. What do you want to do with it? If all you want to
do is take pictures of the kids and print them out 6x7 then save your money
and get a Canon S3 or a Panasonic FZ7. If you're serious about
photography, look at the _system_ and consider what you're going to be
doing--either will do fine for _most_ purposes but there are specialized
pieces in both systems that don't have equivalents in the other--if you
need one of those pieces you'll do better with the system that has it.

Except that for 99.99% of the people choosing between a Nikon D50 and a
Canon 350D, both the Nikon and Canon system lenses and accessories are
broad enough and of equal quality that it really doesn't make a hill of
difference which camera the person chooses.

What I have noticed in the last 10 years, is that certain types of
people are happier using Canon while other types of people are more
content with Nikon equipment. I know this is just one person's
observation (mine) but this is what I've noticed among photographers
using either Canon or Nikon equipment.

Photographers who prefer Canon tend to be people who want to have the
latest and greatest technology in their cameras. It's very important
to them that their camera is state-of-the-art. Having a camera that's
perceived as not being the best is very disconcerting to them. They
prefer cameras with high tech features and gizmos.

Photographers who prefer Nikon on the other hand, seem to prefer
cameras that "feel right"; cameras that appear to be ergonomically
sound and well built. They seem to care less about having the latest
and greatest technology in their camera and care a lot more in having a
bright and clear viewfinder, or a metal lens mount.

So when someone asks me this type of question, I try to discern what
type of person he or she is. If he or she seems to be someone who
likes all his or her toys to be high tech, I'll recommend the Canon.
OTOH, if the ergonomics and perceived quality of the camera is
important to them, I'll recommend the Nikon.

Note, that I think both Canon and Nikon DSLR's are well made quality
products and both a near state-of-the-art as digital cameras goes.
It's just I've noticed that some types of people tend to gravitate to
Canon while other types of people tend to gravitate towards Nikon.

- Peter