Help! WTB Unicolor print drum OEM divider

Old August 12th 04, 06:49 PM
Chase Martin

Default Help! WTB Unicolor print drum OEM divider

Yikes! My wife accidently threw away the small rubber divider that
separates the two lower 4x5 negs from the upper two. It is a small
rectangular piece of flexible rubber that has a Y cut in it to fit the
Unicolor 8x10 film drum.
I've seen internet articles about making the dividers out of various
materials, but I've been burned a few times with those when the upper
and lower films have migrated down under the divider and stuck
together. I want the REAL, original thing.
Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. If you have one you could
sell, or could point me in the direction of one, please reply here and
I'll send you my real email address (*&^%$# spam!)
Thank you SO much in advance,
-Chase (who is down on his hands and knees in prayer over this!)
Old August 12th 04, 07:39 PM
jjs

"Chase Martin" wrote in message
Yikes! My wife accidently threw away the small rubber divider that
separates the two lower 4x5 negs from the upper two. [...]

(oh god restrain me from a smart-ass remark but it's such a great straight
line...)

Old August 13th 04, 01:00 AM
Richard Knoppow

[...]

I made separators for my Unicolor drums from the plastic
lids of prepared food containers. The orignals are crescent
shaped with the T slot. I used an Exacto knife to cut out
the T notches. They are not critical as long as they clamp
the ridge in the drum. I got my drums from a friend who gave
up his darkroom. I think I had only two deviders so made
more. I use the drums for sheet film. You do NOT need the
real original thing. If you have one original to use for a
pattern they are very easy to duplicate. If you don't have
any originals they are crescent shaped, about 3/4 inch long
and about 1/2 inch high. The bottom should be trimmed to
approximately fit the inside curvature of the drum. They
should not be too high or they will cause turbulance and
uneven development in nearby areas. Five minutes and a
potato salad lid will do it.
Try posting in rec.photo.marketplace.darkroom for better
results than this group if you really _must_ have originals.