Konica Minolta A2 vs A200

Old March 2nd 05, 03:46 AM
Harkhof

Default Konica Minolta A2 vs A200

What is the difference between the A2 & A200? I first thought that the A200
was the successor to the A2, but I see that the A2 is still more expensive.

Thanks,
Hark

Old March 3rd 05, 04:04 AM
Woodchuck Bill

"Harkhof" wrote in

What is the difference between the A2 & A200? I first thought that
the A200 was the successor to the A2, but I see that the A2 is
still more expensive.

DPReview.com's review of the A200 gives you a very detailed comparison
of the two models:

http://dpreview.com/reviews/konicaminoltaa200

--

Bill
Old March 5th 05, 12:33 AM
Harkhof

"Woodchuck Bill" wrote in message
"Harkhof" wrote in

What is the difference between the A2 & A200? I first thought that
the A200 was the successor to the A2, but I see that the A2 is
still more expensive.

DPReview.com's review of the A200 gives you a very detailed comparison
of the two models:

http://dpreview.com/reviews/konicaminoltaa200

Thanks, Bill. I also found some good info via a search in this group and
other sites as well, including the forums at dpreview. They have quite a
long thread there. I think I prefer the A2, but there seems to be some
inconsistency in quality, and also, KM seems to have discontinued it.
I'm tempted to buy it on the internet, but guess I'll wait. My hope is that
by mid-summer, I'll find a camera that is similar in quality to the A2 with
anti-shake technology and a decent zoom in a fairly small package (maybe I'm
hoping for too much at the present time).
Anyway, I do have to make the purchase by mid-summer. Any recommendations in
the A2 price & feature range, or do you have experience with and recommend
the A2?

Thanks,
Hark

Old March 7th 05, 03:03 AM
Woodchuck Bill

"Harkhof" wrote in

[...]

Any reason why you aren't considering models by other manufacturers?

--

Bill
Old March 7th 05, 01:07 PM
Harkhof

[...]

No. I just haven't run across a camera that has similar features in the same
price range, particularly zoom and anti-shake.

Thanks again,
Hark