Surfing Novices

Old September 23rd 17, 02:16 AM posted to rec.photo.digital, alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Surfing Novices

On Sep 22, 2017, Savageduck wrote
(in iganews.com):

On Sep 22, 2017, nospam wrote
(in ) :

In , Eric Stevens
wrote:

So there isn't. But try this one.

http://tinyurl.com/y74ezed9

It looks as though your timing was off on this one.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/h0seayar03mbbmt/screenshot_171.png

"Sorry, this content isn't available right now"

...so?
What did you think is being said regarding the Eric surfing shot
that nobody can see?

Well, that wasn't my surfing shot or, at least, I didn't post it.

So you didn¹t post http://tinyurl.com/y74ezed9 ?

The dropbox link was to a screenshot of what I saw when attempting to
open your tinyurl.

You could have explained that.

The URL does say ³screenshot_171.png².
It was not as if I was trying to deceive anybody.

I don't normally read URLs. Perhaps I should?

what you should do is test urls before posting, and do so in a browser
that is *not* logged into whatever site it is.

also stop using tinyurl.

Unfortunately there are way too many non-compliant apps posing as Usenet
clients out there, and many times, even when using delimiters (which I always
use) URL are broken for some viewers. So there are times TinyURL can be
useful for those folks. There are some sites, Adobe CC/LR Mobile shared URLs
which are automatically shortened by Adobe, with no option to present the
full length URL.
Like so from CC Assets:

https://adobe.ly/2xY2Z5I

Note: This is the full length URL after opening:
https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/b6698ff1-f63d-4da9-416d-da3ded67c019

Savageduck

Old September 23rd 17, 02:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
nospam

In article .com,
Savageduck wrote:

I don't normally read URLs. Perhaps I should?

what you should do is test urls before posting, and do so in a browser
that is *not* logged into whatever site it is.

also stop using tinyurl.

Unfortunately there are way too many non-compliant apps posing as Usenet
clients out there, and many times, even when using delimiters (which I always
use) URL are broken for some viewers.

that's entirely a problem for those using such apps.

the fix is easy. get better apps.

So there are times TinyURL can be
useful for those folks.

the only reason for tinyurl is when there is a hard limit to the total
number of characters, which is definitely not the case on usenet.

There are some sites, Adobe CC/LR Mobile shared URLs
which are automatically shortened by Adobe, with no option to present the
full length URL.

that's outside the user's control, other than to not use such sites,
and links to adobe's domain anyway.

that's *very* different than tinyurl, which can go *anywhere*.
Old September 23rd 17, 03:13 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Ron C

On 9/22/2017 9:24 PM, nospam wrote:
In article .com,
Savageduck wrote:

I don't normally read URLs. Perhaps I should?

what you should do is test urls before posting, and do so in a browser
that is *not* logged into whatever site it is.

also stop using tinyurl.

Unfortunately there are way too many non-compliant apps posing as Usenet
clients out there, and many times, even when using delimiters (which I always
use) URL are broken for some viewers.

that's entirely a problem for those using such apps.

the fix is easy. get better apps.

Seems at times the long URLs are broken at the
sending app. I'm not sure if better readers can fix
such "problem" URLs.
I've encountered unbroken gigantic URLs as well
as broken shorter URLs.
I can live with the few extra steps needed to reconstitute
and call broken URLs.
A minor inconvenience to me that seems to bother you
very much.

...snip...

--
==
Later...

Old September 23rd 17, 04:23 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
nospam

In article , Ron C
wrote:

I don't normally read URLs. Perhaps I should?

what you should do is test urls before posting, and do so in a browser
that is *not* logged into whatever site it is.

also stop using tinyurl.

Unfortunately there are way too many non-compliant apps posing as Usenet
clients out there, and many times, even when using delimiters (which I
always
use) URL are broken for some viewers.

that's entirely a problem for those using such apps.

the fix is easy. get better apps.

Seems at times the long URLs are broken at the
sending app.

they aren't broken.

this url might look like it's broken, but it's not:

http://www.
cnn.
com

I'm not sure if better readers can fix
such "problem" URLs.

they absolutely can.

the above url works perfectly fine in well written apps.

I've encountered unbroken gigantic URLs as well
as broken shorter URLs.

only because you're using ****ty software.

there's an easy fix, but that's entirely up to *you*.

I can live with the few extra steps needed to reconstitute
and call broken URLs.

odd.

most people want fewer hassles and for things to 'just work', but if
you want to make things more difficult than they need to be, go for it.

A minor inconvenience to me that seems to bother you
very much.

it doesn't bother me in the least.

if someone uses ****ty software and can't click on a link, they're the
one that suffers, not me.

the problem is that they start blaming others for *their* choice of
**** software.
Old September 23rd 17, 04:47 AM posted to rec.photo.digital, alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

On Sep 22, 2017, nospam wrote
(in ) :

In , Ron C
wrote:

I don't normally read URLs. Perhaps I should?

what you should do is test urls before posting, and do so in a browser
that is *not* logged into whatever site it is.

also stop using tinyurl.

Unfortunately there are way too many non-compliant apps posing as Usenet
clients out there, and many times, even when using delimiters (which I
always
use) URL are broken for some viewers.

that's entirely a problem for those using such apps.

the fix is easy. get better apps.

Seems at times the long URLs are broken at the
sending app.

they aren't broken.

this url might look like it's broken, but it's not:

http://www.
cnn.
com

How strange, it is behaving broken in both Unison and Hogwasher.

Savageduck

Old September 23rd 17, 04:51 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Ron C

On 9/22/2017 11:23 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , Ron C
wrote:

[...]

i've learned to live with my choices as well as the [so called] poor
choices of others.
you seem to go out of your way note said *poor choices* thus
it would seem to bother you at some level.
whatever. carry on.
--
==
later...

Old September 23rd 17, 05:56 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
nospam

In article .com,
Savageduck wrote:

Seems at times the long URLs are broken at the
sending app.

they aren't broken.

this url might look like it's broken, but it's not:

http://www.
cnn.
com

How strange, it is behaving broken in both Unison and Hogwasher.

then both apps are broken.
Old September 23rd 17, 05:56 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
nospam

In article , Ron C
wrote:

A minor inconvenience to me that seems to bother you
very much.

it doesn't bother me in the least.

if someone uses ****ty software and can't click on a link, they're the
one that suffers, not me.

the problem is that they start blaming others for *their* choice of
**** software.

i've learned to live with my choices as well as the [so called] poor
choices of others.
you seem to go out of your way note said *poor choices* thus
it would seem to bother you at some level.
whatever. carry on.

nope. i don't go out of my way to even mention it unless someone *else*
brings it up.

i don't give a **** how much trouble you endure. you get to live with
the consequences of your choices. just don't blame others when there
are problems.
Old September 23rd 17, 06:27 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Ron C

On 9/23/2017 12:56 AM, nospam wrote:
In article , Ron C
wrote:

A minor inconvenience to me that seems to bother you
very much.

it doesn't bother me in the least.

if someone uses ****ty software and can't click on a link, they're the
one that suffers, not me.

the problem is that they start blaming others for *their* choice of
**** software.

i've learned to live with my choices as well as the [so called] poor
choices of others.
you seem to go out of your way note said *poor choices* thus
it would seem to bother you at some level.
whatever. carry on.

nope. i don't go out of my way to even mention it unless someone *else*
brings it up.

i don't give a **** how much trouble you endure. you get to live with
the consequences of your choices. just don't blame others when there
are problems.

[imho] that you react to my [non finger pointing] babble seemingly suggests
that this stuff bothers you at some level .. else why [generically] respond?
~~
[ ...oh look, someone complained .. i must respond! ]
==
later...
ron c

Old September 23rd 17, 06:55 AM posted to rec.photo.digital, alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

On Sep 22, 2017, nospam wrote
(in ) :

In iganews.com,
Savageduck wrote:

Seems at times the long URLs are broken at the
sending app.

they aren't broken.

this url might look like it's broken, but it's not:

http://www.
cnn.
com

How strange, it is behaving broken in both Unison and Hogwasher.

then both apps are broken.

Sigh.....

Savageduck

Surfing with a motorcycle Sandman Digital Photography 2 August 4th 15 02:59 PM
EVF's for novices Irwell Digital Photography 1 August 11th 10 04:15 AM
EVF's for novices bobwilliams Digital Photography 2 August 10th 10 05:36 AM
Surfing pics DD 35mm Photo Equipment 7 July 4th 06 06:30 AM
Website for DSLR/SLR Amateurs & Novices Sharp Shooter Digital SLR Cameras 2 June 7th 05 09:04 AM