"I have seen the face of God.."

Old February 1st 09, 05:41 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Rich[_6_]

Default "I have seen the face of God.."

The results from the D3x coupled to the 200-400mm f4.0 zoom is simply
amazing.
Old February 2nd 09, 01:22 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Ray Fischer

Rich wrote:
The results from the D3x coupled to the 200-400mm f4.0 zoom is simply
amazing.

Hardware cultist.

--
Ray Fischer

Old February 2nd 09, 03:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
mcdonaldREMOVE TO ACTUALLY REACH [email protected]

I once saw the face of God ... and got a fine shot on my
4x5 camera!

In the Sistine Chapel, of course. Pacemaker Crown Graphic
lying face up on the floor, directly below God.

Doug McDonald
Old February 3rd 09, 12:54 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
C J Campbell

On 2009-02-02 07:38:56 -0800, "mcdonaldREMOVE TO ACTUALLY REACH
said:

I once saw the face of God ... and got a fine shot on my
4x5 camera!

In the Sistine Chapel, of course. Pacemaker Crown Graphic
lying face up on the floor, directly below God.

Doug McDonald

Nice job, considering that Michelangelo was lying on his back when he
painted it. (Yes, I know that is only a legend.)

Was this a commissioned job or did you have someone looking out to keep
the guardians from chasing you away?

--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor

Old February 3rd 09, 02:41 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Doug McDonald[_3_]

On 2009-02-02 07:38:56 -0800, "mcdonaldREMOVE TO ACTUALLY REACH
said:

I once saw the face of God ... and got a fine shot on my
4x5 camera!

In the Sistine Chapel, of course. Pacemaker Crown Graphic
lying face up on the floor, directly below God.

Doug McDonald

Nice job, considering that Michelangelo was lying on his back when he
painted it. (Yes, I know that is only a legend.)

Was this a commissioned job or did you have someone looking out to keep
the guardians from chasing you away?

Neither. It apparently was allowed. I didn't use flash or a tripod. I should
add that this was 1973.

Doug McDonald
Old February 3rd 09, 05:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
C J Campbell

On 2009-02-02 07:38:56 -0800, "mcdonaldREMOVE TO ACTUALLY REACH
said:

I once saw the face of God ... and got a fine shot on my
4x5 camera!

In the Sistine Chapel, of course. Pacemaker Crown Graphic
lying face up on the floor, directly below God.

Doug McDonald

Nice job, considering that Michelangelo was lying on his back when he
painted it. (Yes, I know that is only a legend.)

Was this a commissioned job or did you have someone looking out to keep
the guardians from chasing you away?

Neither. It apparently was allowed. I didn't use flash or a tripod. I should
add that this was 1973.

Doug McDonald

Ah. Perhaps that explains it. Although I have not been there since
1985, come to think of it. But photography was absolutely prohibited
then. The Vatican wanted control of rights, a fee, etc, even if the
pictures were for private, non-commercial use.

Old February 4th 09, 05:09 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Ray Fischer

Rich wrote:
(Ray Fischer) wrote in news:49864af1$0$1615
Rich wrote:

The results from the D3x coupled to the 200-400mm f4.0 zoom is simply
amazing.

Hardware cultist.

Yes, that evil, expensive hardware. We must hate it!

You don't the difference between hating hardware and idolizing hardware?
You must be quite stupid.

Here's a clue: The hardware doesn't care about you. Neither does the
corporation that produces it.

--
Ray Fischer

Old February 4th 09, 02:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Neil Harrington[_3_]

Rich wrote:

The results from the D3x coupled to the 200-400mm f4.0 zoom is simply
amazing.

Hardware cultist.

Yes, that evil, expensive hardware. We must hate it!

You don't the difference between hating hardware and idolizing hardware?
You must be quite stupid.

Here's a clue: The hardware doesn't care about you. Neither does the
corporation that produces it.

What's your point? I love my Nikon hardware. I don't expect any of it (or
Nikon) to love me back. As long as Nikon keeps creating lovable hardware, I
am perfectly content that my love for the stuff remains unrequited.