CP 8700 - purple haze in preview

Old January 3rd 05, 05:49 AM
Eyal Lebedinsky

Default CP 8700 - purple haze in preview

I recently acquired this Nikon. As of late I noticed that when I view
a bright object there are vertical purple strips across the whole image.
This is visible both in the EVF and the LCD but is not present in the
captured images.

The purple strips run the whole way from the top to the bottom, and seem
to follow the bright areas of the image. They look like haze over the
areas affected. I should make it clear that the stripes show across the
whole image, both above and below the bright areas.

By 'bright' I do not mean that I am looking into some flashlight, but
simply shooting, say, a yellow paper daisy in sunlight against a darker
green background.

When I half press the release button, the stripes seem to disappear when
the focus locks.

Could it be a lens issue, like internal reflection?

I do not remember this from the start (a month ago) but surely for the
last week or so, so this may be a "new" feature.

--
Eyal Lebedinsky ) http://samba.org/eyal/
Old January 3rd 05, 10:18 AM
Pepys

"Eyal Lebedinsky" wrote in message
I recently acquired this Nikon. As of late I noticed that when I view
a bright object there are vertical purple strips across the whole image.
This is visible both in the EVF and the LCD but is not present in the
captured images.

Perfectly normal for a lot of P&S cameras. I have a Canon PowerShot Pro1
which does the same thing.

Sam

Old January 3rd 05, 05:37 PM
Tony

But are you experienced? Are you really experienced?

--
http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto