New use for obsolete gear

Old February 29th 08, 05:59 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Douglas[_6_]

Default New use for obsolete gear

Just when I was about to list my last Canon on eBay, my contract shooter
tells me she never owned a camera, she always borrowed her partners and
they've just split up!

As if that isn't enough... Rain is forecast for the garden wedding we've
booked this weekend and the Nikons are going with me to a different venue.

Oh well... Waterproof the 20D certainly isn't... Until I made it a little
raincoat! LOL http://www.douglasjames.com.au/wetgear.htm

I spent the morning phoning all my suppliers. Given the state of the
industry with idiots and jackasses working part time in camera stores, I was
bound to get a giggle or two when I asked for a raincoat for my camera. It
would have been nice if the idiots hadn't laughed at my request. The things
are after all, on sale (worldwide) off eBay.

I'm so pleased with this effort, I think I'll make a fully waterproof one
and get some sub surface shots of the pretty little coloured fish the
Marine guys are guarding like hawks, up a the wrecks!

Old February 29th 08, 08:36 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
The DaveŠ

Douglas wrote:
[...]

If the camera is obsolete in good weather, it'd still be obsolete in
bad weather... even if it is protected from the elements.
Old March 1st 08, 12:12 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

"Douglas" wrote in message
[...]

My wide brimmed, western style, "squishy hat" from Australia works well for
shooting in the rain.....Unless it is very windy too. At least, it keeps the
rain off of my camera.

Old March 7th 08, 01:38 PM
Harold Gough Harold Gough is offline
Member

Smile

[quote=William Graham;714453

My wide brimmed, western style, "squishy hat" from Australia works well for
shooting in the rain.....Unless it is very windy too. At least, it keeps the
rain off of my camera.[/QUOTE]

Don't those corks and strings get in the picture?