Just for fun...

Old February 10th 08, 06:17 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
The DaveŠ

Default Just for fun...

If a mysterious benefactor offered to purchase all the latest
equipment... everything you want/need... would you do it?

Oh, the catch... you'd have to switch from Nikon to Canon or Canon to
Nikon and you had to keep and use it for 5 years minimum... no selling
or trading it and going back to your current brand.

Ok, now, would you do it?
Old February 10th 08, 06:37 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
JimKramer

On Feb 10, 1:17 pm, The Dave(c) wrote:
If a mysterious benefactor offered to purchase all the latest
equipment... everything you want/need... would you do it?

Oh, the catch... you'd have to switch from Nikon to Canon or Canon to
Nikon and you had to keep and use it for 5 years minimum... no selling
or trading it and going back to your current brand.

Ok, now, would you do it?

Of course, there's no real differences between the two any more, and
the high-end stuff of either brand is better than what most are using
now. I'd switch in a heartbeat if someone else was footing the bill.
Old February 10th 08, 09:30 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Tony Polson[_2_]

The DaveŠ wrote:

If a mysterious benefactor offered to purchase all the latest
equipment... everything you want/need... would you do it?

Oh, the catch... you'd have to switch from Nikon to Canon or Canon to
Nikon and you had to keep and use it for 5 years minimum... no selling
or trading it and going back to your current brand.

Ok, now, would you do it?

Of course! You would be crazy to refuse.

Old February 11th 08, 09:53 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
suddengunfire

On Feb 10, 6:17*pm, The DaveŠ wrote:

you'd have to switch from Nikon to Canon or Canon to
Nikon

I choose to switch from Nikon to Canon then
Old February 11th 08, 11:02 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
The DaveŠ

Rita Berkowitz wrote:
Only if I get to use Nikkor lenses. Aint no way in hell would I use
Canon glass. That simply isn't in the equation.

It's a simple 'yes' or 'no' scenario. This qualification makes your
answer 'no'.
Old February 11th 08, 11:02 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
The DaveŠ

Pudentame wrote:
The DaveŠ wrote:
If a mysterious benefactor offered to purchase all the latest
equipment... everything you want/need... would you do it?

Oh, the catch... you'd have to switch from Nikon to Canon or Canon
to Nikon and you had to keep and use it for 5 years minimum... no
selling or trading it and going back to your current brand.

Ok, now, would you do it?

If I could get some fool to buy me a new Nikon D-3 and all the lenses
I wanted, I'd take it, even if I had to keep 'em for 5 years (or
more).

I'm assuming the prohibition against trading/selling wouldn't apply
to upgrading to a Nikon D-4 body, if/when it became available within
the 5 years.

I currently shoot Pentax and am reasonably happy with my equipment,
but if someone's handing out freebies ...

Upgrading within your 'new' brand would be acceptable. Just no going
back.

FWIW: I agree with everybody who would do it in a heartbeat, also.

Old February 12th 08, 02:10 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

On Feb 10, 1:17*pm, The DaveŠ wrote:
If a mysterious benefactor offered to purchase all the latest
equipment... everything you want/need... would you do it?

Oh, the catch... you'd have to switch from Nikon to Canon or Canon to
Nikon and you had to keep and use it for 5 years minimum... no selling
or trading it and going back to your current brand.

Ok, now, would you do it?

What, and give up all my Nikons? OK!

Old February 12th 08, 02:13 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Cryptopix

On Feb 11, 4:17 am, The DaveŠ wrote:
If a mysterious benefactor offered to purchase all the latest
equipment... everything you want/need... would you do it?

Oh, the catch... you'd have to switch from Nikon to Canon or Canon to
Nikon and you had to keep and use it for 5 years minimum... no selling
or trading it and going back to your current brand.

Ok, now, would you do it?

NO... Never took a gift from a mysterious person in my life and this
wouldn't tempt me to start. Try Bret... He does well in this area I'm
told.
Old February 12th 08, 06:05 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
CanonAE14fun

On Feb 10, 10:17*am, The DaveŠ wrote:
If a mysterious benefactor offered to purchase all the latest
equipment... everything you want/need... would you do it?

Oh, the catch... you'd have to switch from Nikon to Canon or Canon to
Nikon and you had to keep and use it for 5 years minimum... no selling
or trading it and going back to your current brand.

Ok, now, would you do it?

Yes, only I just bought a Canon AND a Nikon, but yeah, take those for
five years and give me whichever,as long as it's over 8 megapixels.
Canon and Nikon are BOTH cool, my shutterbug husband says
Do YOU have both a traditional darkroom AND a digital "darkroom"? HE
does. And I will be using them.
Cindy