ROSES LOVE THE FABULOUS EOS-1V !

Old September 13th 06, 06:12 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

Default ROSES LOVE THE FABULOUS EOS-1V !

Here's one for you film luddites:
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/66777767

Old September 13th 06, 07:08 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

"Annika1980" wrote in message
oups.com...
Here's one for you film luddites:
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/66777767

That's great....How do you get the background so dark on those?

Old September 13th 06, 01:53 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

William Graham wrote:
"Annika1980" wrote in message
oups.com...
Here's one for you film luddites:
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/66777767

That's great....How do you get the background so dark on those?

Photoshop is a wonderful tool.
In this case I got the background dark the same way as I got the center
of the rose to appear to be radiating light. I played around with the
Lighting Effects filter in CS2.

Old September 14th 06, 12:08 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Malcolm Stewart

"Annika1980" wrote in message
oups.com...
Here's one for you film luddites:
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/66777767

Nice one.

Your shot 66500550 of the 5D with the EF500 f4 has the 5D looking quite
different to mine. It seems to have grown some form of protection box on
the LH rear side.

--
M Stewart
Milton Keynes, UK

Old September 14th 06, 02:10 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

Malcolm Stewart wrote:
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/66777767

Nice one.

Your shot 66500550 of the 5D with the EF500 f4 has the 5D looking quite
different to mine. It seems to have grown some form of protection box on
the LH rear side.

Yeah, the guy had one of those thingies over the LCD. I'm not sure if
it is to help magnification, brightness, or just protection. I see a
lot of the pros use them.

Old September 17th 06, 08:52 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
default

Malcolm Stewart wrote:
Your shot 66500550 of the 5D with the EF500 f4 has the 5D looking quite
different to mine. It seems to have grown some form of protection box on
the LH rear side.

Yeah, the guy had one of those thingies over the LCD. I'm not sure if
it is to help magnification, brightness, or just protection. I see a
lot of the pros use them.

I enjoy your pictures, but one question:

How did you get your "Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM" to open up to
f/2.8 at 135mm? Mine just won't go below f/5.6 at 135 and still not below
f/3.5 at 28mm.

Old September 17th 06, 02:23 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

default wrote:

I enjoy your pictures, but one question:

How did you get your "Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM" to open up to
f/2.8 at 135mm? Mine just won't go below f/5.6 at 135 and still not below
f/3.5 at 28mm.

You have to use a Custom Function. Just kidding.
Yeah, that would be a neat trick if I could do it. The pic was
actually taken with the Super 70-200 f/2.8L. Nice catch.