Fall in Georgetown

Old November 6th 05, 08:18 PM
Robert R Kircher, Jr.

Default Fall in Georgetown

Some pics from around Georgetown, Washington, DC.

http://www.pbase.com/rkircher/fall_in_georgetown

Comments welcome.

--

Rob
"A disturbing new study finds that studies are disturbing"

Old November 6th 05, 08:43 PM
G. Hoppenbrouwers

"Robert R Kircher, Jr." schreef in bericht
Some pics from around Georgetown, Washington, DC.

http://www.pbase.com/rkircher/fall_in_georgetown

Comments welcome.

Sorry Robert, but in most pictures I see nice colors, but no subject.

Gregoir

Old November 6th 05, 08:46 PM
Robert R Kircher, Jr.

"G. Hoppenbrouwers" wrote in message

"Robert R Kircher, Jr." schreef in bericht
Some pics from around Georgetown, Washington, DC.

http://www.pbase.com/rkircher/fall_in_georgetown

Comments welcome.

Sorry Robert, but in most pictures I see nice colors, but no subject.

That's fine, in most of the pictures the color was the subject. I can
change the gallery title if that would help.

Old November 6th 05, 09:58 PM
Cheryl Harms

Sorry to disagree, Gregoir. The subject is there in plain sight... the
beautiful colors of fall and how the sunlight plays across and through the
trees to cast shadows on the surrounding areas. I would think that would be
quite obvious. But then again, I am just a humble art student studying
photography so maybe I'm wrong and there really isn't anything there.

Cheryl

Old November 6th 05, 09:59 PM
Cheryl Harms

Title is just fine, Rob. I think it speaks for what the content of your
photos is...fall.

Cheryl

Old November 6th 05, 10:22 PM
MC

"Robert R Kircher, Jr." wrote in message
Some pics from around Georgetown, Washington, DC.

http://www.pbase.com/rkircher/fall_in_georgetown

Comments welcome.

--

Rob
"A disturbing new study finds that studies are disturbing"

I like the tightly cropped pumkin.

MC

Old November 6th 05, 11:23 PM
Pete D

Robert,

Some great shots there but I would recommend reducing the file size on many
of them, unless of course you are happy for others to download and use/print
them. If you resized to say no more than 150-200Kb, maybe even smaller for
some, they will display fine on a monitor and instead of waiting 20 seconds
for a 1.4Mb file you would only have to wait a few seconds for a 150Kb file.

Cheers.

Pete D

Old November 6th 05, 11:54 PM
Robert R Kircher, Jr.

"Pete D" wrote in message
news
Robert,

Some great shots there but I would recommend reducing the file size on
many of them, unless of course you are happy for others to download and
use/print them. If you resized to say no more than 150-200Kb, maybe even
smaller for some, they will display fine on a monitor and instead of
waiting 20 seconds for a 1.4Mb file you would only have to wait a few
seconds for a 150Kb file.

Thanks,

I reduce them down to 34% of original size. If I knew how to reduce the
file size as well I'd do it. Any ideas short of making the image size
smaller? I guess I could change the DPI but the tool I use doesn't have
that option. Is there a way to do it in Photoshop in a batch?

Old November 7th 05, 03:05 AM
Frank ess

MC wrote:
"Robert R Kircher, Jr." wrote in message
Some pics from around Georgetown, Washington, DC.

http://www.pbase.com/rkircher/fall_in_georgetown

Comments welcome.

--

Rob
"A disturbing new study finds that studies are disturbing"

I like the tightly cropped pumkin.

MC

Seems to me a "tightly cropped" pumpkin wold be a "umpki"; oh, I see:
you cropped from the center. Maybe "pum kin"?

--
Frank ess

Old November 7th 05, 03:20 AM
Pete D

"Pete D" wrote in message
[...]

Leave them the same pixel size but use more compression, PhotoShop and
PhotoShop Elements have a "save for web" option. Any of you photo
manipulation programs should have the option to control the amount of
compression when saving to jpeg.