Sticky tape to attach bulk load film to spool. What do people use?

Old October 8th 03, 05:57 PM
Vijay Kumar

Default Sticky tape to attach bulk load film to spool. What do people use?

"Dr. Dagor" wrote in message
om...
(_*#&5_)(&#)5

That's about the nicest thing i can say after pulling the film off the
spool for the umpteenth time. i bulk load 35mm from 100 foot rolls.
I've been using various tapes to try to hold the film onto the spool,
but none of them work anywhere near as well as the stuff kodak and
fuji and ilford use.

What tape works for this application. Since it takes about a whopping
1 inch of tape, and you get 33 rolls per 100 feet... i figure a 25
yard spool ought to last me until i'm about 143 years old! So money
isn't the problem. The problem is...

WHAT WORKS!?

This question is quite timely. As I was reading it I was loading bulk film
on to my cartridges. I am using plain old scotch tape. I cut a 3 inch
length, stick 1 inch on the film, wrap the film around the spindle, and
stick the remaining tape on the emulsion side--I gues similar to what
Lawrence said. Except I use plain old scotch tape. Never had a problem
with this. I do not use a motor drive, I use my film quite fast, about 2
rolls a week, and process it myself. YMMV.

Old October 8th 03, 06:15 PM
Vijay Kumar

"Vijay Kumar" wrote in message

"Dr. Dagor" wrote in message
om...
(_*#&5_)(&#)5

This question is quite timely. As I was reading it I was loading bulk

film
on to my cartridges. I am using plain old scotch tape. I cut a 3 inch
length, stick 1 inch on the film, wrap the film around the spindle, and
stick the remaining tape on the emulsion side--I gues similar to what
Lawrence said. Except I use plain old scotch tape. Never had a problem
with this. I do not use a motor drive, I use my film quite fast, about 2
rolls a week, and process it myself. YMMV.

One more thing. Fuji uses a special spindle with 2 pegs in the middle which
capture the specially prepared film end and is held purely by mechanical
means, no tape--at least on the Fuji Neopan SS 100.