Jonas Eklund aka Sandman

Old May 4th 14, 12:11 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default Jonas Eklund aka Sandman

To whom it may concern:

I have just killfiled Jonas Eklund (aka Sandman) for reasons which by
now should be obvious to all.

Eric Stevens
Old May 4th 14, 12:21 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

On 2014.05.03, 19:11 , Eric Stevens wrote:
To whom it may concern:

I have just killfiled Jonas Eklund (aka Sandman) for reasons which by
now should be obvious to all.

Many months ago.

I really don't know why some around here continue to entertain it.

--
"Big data can reduce anything to a single number,
but you shouldnt be fooled by the appearance of exactitude."

Old May 4th 14, 01:27 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_4_]

On 5/3/2014 7:11 PM, Eric Stevens wrote:
To whom it may concern:

I have just killfiled Jonas Eklund (aka Sandman) for reasons which by
now should be obvious to all.

I did not killfile him, just don't bother reading.

--
PeterN
Old May 4th 14, 06:35 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

Eric Stevens Wrote in message:
To whom it may concern:

I have just killfiled Jonas Eklund (aka Sandman) for reasons which by
now should be obvious to all.

I think that Sandman should be considered as a ?Most Valued
Contributing Poster?. He does, like others take part in long off
topic threads and is opinionated.
I tend to pay only sporadic attention to those threads and would
that be a reason for putting him in my killfile than he would
take a big party with him.
--
teleportation kills
http://tinyurl.com/androidphotography
Old May 4th 14, 07:36 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2014-05-04 05:35:55 +0000, android said:

Eric Stevens Wrote in message:
To whom it may concern:

I have just killfiled Jonas Eklund (aka Sandman) for reasons which by
now should be obvious to all.

I think that Sandman should be considered as a ?Most Valued
Contributing Poster?. He does, like others take part in long off
topic threads and is opinionated.
I tend to pay only sporadic attention to those threads and would
that be a reason for putting him in my killfile than he would
take a big party with him.

The issue with this particular hydra-like thread was its development
into a three way flame war with no way to reach a conclusion.

Each of the individuals involved can be rational contributors to the
NG. However, once we devolve into everything from grammar wars, to
misunderstandings, with insults made and taken with no quarter given or
taken, the time comes to kill the thread, or one or more of the
protagonists.

Personally, I have a few individuals kill-filed the most notable the
many nyms of *He who should not be mentioned* and who favors *Super
Zooms” while he hunts rare moths in the wilderness.
For the most part I will try to stay out of the fray when it is obvious
there is no hope of recovery.

This particular mess fell apart some 2+ weeks ago with no hope of
resolution, and well beyond arbitration. Unfortunately the personal
animosity revealed has dominated the content of rec.photo.digital for
at least that period. The time has come for all to cease and desist.

I might just filter the entire subject line for the three headed thread
started back on April 14, but for now no individuals will be added to
my Kill-file.

Savageduck

Old May 4th 14, 09:52 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Sun, 4 May 2014 07:35:55 +0200 (CEST), android
wrote:

Eric Stevens Wrote in message:
To whom it may concern:

I have just killfiled Jonas Eklund (aka Sandman) for reasons which by
now should be obvious to all.

I think that Sandman should be considered as a ?Most Valued
Contributing Poster?. He does, like others take part in long off
topic threads and is opinionated.
I tend to pay only sporadic attention to those threads and would
that be a reason for putting him in my killfile than he would
take a big party with him.

I would agree with you, but you have not correctly identified the
reason.

Eric Stevens
Old May 4th 14, 12:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

In article , Eric Stevens wrote:

To whom it may concern:

I have just killfiled Jonas Eklund (aka Sandman) for reasons which
by now should be obvious to all.

Thank you! One less troll to constantly correct and educate! Best choice
you ever made, I hope you stay far away from now on!

Now, if only Andreas could do the same, then this group could become a
photography group again.

--
Sandman[.net]
Old May 4th 14, 07:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

wrote:

Eric Stevens Wrote in message:
To whom it may concern:

I have just killfiled Jonas Eklund (aka Sandman) for reasons which by
now should be obvious to all.

I think that Sandman should be considered as a ?Most Valued
Contributing Poster?. He does, like others take part in long off
topic threads and is opinionated.
I tend to pay only sporadic attention to those threads and would
that be a reason for putting him in my killfile than he would
take a big party with him.

I would agree with you, but you have not correctly identified the
reason.

That's an opinion, Sir!
Old May 4th 14, 08:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

wrote:

Eric Stevens Wrote in message:
To whom it may concern:

I have just killfiled Jonas Eklund (aka Sandman) for reasons which by
now should be obvious to all.

I think that Sandman should be considered as a ?Most Valued
Contributing Poster?. He does, like others take part in long off
topic threads and is opinionated.
I tend to pay only sporadic attention to those threads and would
that be a reason for putting him in my killfile than he would
take a big party with him.

I would agree with you, but you have not correctly identified the
reason.

He's suggesting (I think) that those who engage trolls are enablers of
trolls and so if one would KF the troll he might as well KF the enablers.

I get it, but I don't agree with it. I just like to flag such silliness
for what it is and hope the many good posters will stop throwing oxygen
at the troll so that the signal / noise ratio might improve.

Old May 4th 14, 09:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Sun, 04 May 2014 20:20:23 +0200, android wrote:

wrote:

Eric Stevens Wrote in message:
To whom it may concern:

I have just killfiled Jonas Eklund (aka Sandman) for reasons which by
now should be obvious to all.

I think that Sandman should be considered as a ?Most Valued
Contributing Poster?. He does, like others take part in long off
topic threads and is opinionated.
I tend to pay only sporadic attention to those threads and would
that be a reason for putting him in my killfile than he would
take a big party with him.

I would agree with you, but you have not correctly identified the
reason.

That's an opinion, Sir!

And I was letting you know it was erroneous. I did not put him in a
kill-file because he "take(s) part in long off topic threads and is
opinionated."

Eric Stevens