Flexaret repair and CLA

Old May 7th 04, 11:41 PM
Pete

Default Flexaret repair and CLA

I have a Flexaret VII that is in need of CLA and what I think is a minor
repair. Some might say to junk it and just buy a new one, and I might end up
doing just that. However, the camera is pretty mint otherwise and I have
accessories for it. It has the Pentacon Prestor shutter. Anyone know of a
repair facility for these that won't cost an arm and a leg. I don't mind
sending it overseas if I have to, but I would prefer someone in Canada or
the U.S. Meopta Flexarets don't have a whole lot written about them on the
Internet or usenet.

Pete

Old May 8th 04, 02:58 PM
Nick Zentena

Pete wrote:
I have a Flexaret VII that is in need of CLA and what I think is a minor
repair. Some might say to junk it and just buy a new one, and I might end up
doing just that. However, the camera is pretty mint otherwise and I have
accessories for it. It has the Pentacon Prestor shutter. Anyone know of a
repair facility for these that won't cost an arm and a leg. I don't mind
sending it overseas if I have to, but I would prefer someone in Canada or
the U.S. Meopta Flexarets don't have a whole lot written about them on the
Internet or usenet.

Worse case you could ask Cupog. He sells on Ebay. But the cost of
shipping it to Europe,back and the repair might cost you more then he sells
CLA'd cameras for.

Is there really anything that complicated inside the camera that any
shop dealing in older mechanical cameras can't handle it?

Nick
Old May 12th 04, 01:03 AM

All joking aside, I don't believe Meopta supports any of their previous
products. I once asked them if they made a negative holder for the Mikroma
camera, bear in mind that they now make enlargers and that the Mikroma was one
of their flagship products, but no dice. They don't make anything that supports
the Mikroma product. This just goes to show what a miracle it is that the P6
system is still alive. I just saw a P6 to Minolta AF adapter on eBay! I
couldn't stop laughing.

William Mutch wrote:

In article QgUmc.452651$2oI1.40033
@twister01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com, says...
I have a Flexaret VII that is in need of CLA and what I think is a minor
repair. Some might say to junk it and just buy a new one,

Buy a new one ?? Where ?? How much ??

Old May 13th 04, 02:33 PM
Pete

Obviously, I meant a used one that is "new" to me.

These are very nice cameras, much nicer than most people think. They don't
command enough value to pay for much repair though, if something goes wrong
with one.

ell.edu...