Another "Which Camera" Post

Old June 26th 04, 04:10 PM
Giorgio Preddio

Default Another "Which Camera" Post

Charles wrote in message . ..

I had a Nikon 950, traded up to a 990 which does a lot of
what I want, but with some problems.

I'm sure I could guess at the plethora of problems.

The Canon digital Rebel (EOS300D) does look promising. I don't need a

Yeah, it will promise to deliver you plenty of headaches.

Are there any other cameras I should be considering?

You have left out the most obvious choice. The Sigma SD10 is probably
the best camera you can buy today. Any minor shortcomings of this
remarkable creation are easily outweighed by the enormous advantages
it has over other digital SLRs: image quality, resolution, build,
lenses/accessories, you know...the most important things people want
in a camera.

There are alot of other nice pluses. Like for example, if you want to
shoot handheld using long lenses and/or slow shutter speeds with Canon
you would need to spend a fortune on lenses with image stabilization.
With the Sigma, this feature is already incorporated into the camera
body. And don't forget about the highly acclaimed Foveon X3 image
sensor, which is the only true color sensor that exists today.
Old June 26th 04, 04:39 PM
Peter File

There are alot of other nice pluses. Like for example, if you want to
shoot handheld using long lenses and/or slow shutter speeds with Canon
you would need to spend a fortune on lenses with image stabilization.
With the Sigma, this feature is already incorporated into the camera
body. And don't forget about the highly acclaimed Foveon X3 image
sensor, which is the only true color sensor that exists today.

****in hell not this guy again. Are Sigma really that desparate they have to
resort to spamming newsgroups?

Old June 26th 04, 05:47 PM
Tony Spadaro

More lies from the troll who calls himself George Preddy and various
other things. THe Sigma cameras are teh worst abominations of dead end crap
on the market and to be avoided. Even Preddy (not his real name) does not
own one, and he spent yearsa similarly "promoting" the Atari computer -- you
all remember the Atari computer don't you? No. Goodness.

--
http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto
"Giorgio Preddio" wrote in message
om...

. ..

Old June 26th 04, 09:43 PM
Miro

"Giorgio Preddio" wrote in message

The Sigma SD10 is probably
the best camera you can buy today. Any minor shortcomings of this
remarkable creation are easily outweighed by the enormous advantages

Yes the camera is good. Now find a lens for it. You sure wont find any cheap
deals on used lenses in the same calibre as other cameras.

Old June 27th 04, 08:25 AM
Miro

There are alot of other nice pluses. Like for example, if you want to
shoot handheld using long lenses and/or slow shutter speeds with Canon
you would need to spend a fortune on lenses with image stabilization.
With the Sigma, this feature is already incorporated into the camera
body. And don't forget about the highly acclaimed Foveon X3 image
sensor, which is the only true color sensor that exists today.

It has image stability for second rate lenses.

Old June 27th 04, 12:37 PM
JP

No doubt about it, the guy's a pain, but did you have to slam the Atari ?
In it's day it was quite the machine.

"Tony Spadaro" wrote in message
. com...
More lies from the troll who calls himself George Preddy and various
other things. THe Sigma cameras are teh worst abominations of dead end

crap
on the market and to be avoided. Even Preddy (not his real name) does not
own one, and he spent yearsa similarly "promoting" the Atari computer --

you
all remember the Atari computer don't you? No. Goodness.

--
http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto
The Improved Links Pages are at
"Giorgio Preddio" wrote in message
om...

. ..

Old June 27th 04, 02:48 PM
Steve Almond

"JP" wrote in message
No doubt about it, the guy's a pain,

Yes, but do you know anyone else who can reel 'em in quite so easily?
One message and they queue up like sick fish.......

Steve

Old June 27th 04, 06:33 PM
Tony Spadaro

He was promoting it long AFTER it's day.
I have to admit - I was not impressed with it.

--
"JP" wrote in message
[...]

. ..