Camera and Kodak Help

Old March 4th 06, 07:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Camera and Kodak Help

Hi All

I was hoping that someone here could answer a few questions I have
regarding cameras in general and possibly point me in the direction of
a good camera.

Basically, I am looking for a 4/5MP camera with 2 - 3x optical zoom
that takes standard AA batteries and ideally SD cards. Budget is £100
or slightly more. I purchased a Benq DC520, however the image quality
is awful - a lot of noise and purple tinits when objects are against
the sky. (Any recommendations?)

I was also wondering if anyone knows if Kodak's cameras, for example
the CX7430 and C360, work with standard generic AA alkaline batteries
rather than the Kodak-branded rechargables. The reason I ask is that I
want to take a camera on holiday and don't want to worry about
recharging.

Thanks in advance

Adam

Old March 4th 06, 07:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Just seen an article on Usenet that says a good set of Lithium
batteries will last a week without charge - is this true? It sounds too
good.

Thanks

Adam

Old March 4th 06, 08:03 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Adam M wrote:
Just seen an article on Usenet that says a good set of Lithium
batteries will last a week without charge - is this true? It sounds too
good.

Depends whether or not you put them in anything. Leave'em on the shelf,
they should last at least a week, maybe more.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0609-3, 03/03/2006
Tested on: 3/4/2006 12:03:03 PM

Old March 4th 06, 08:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

I get a month or more off AA lithium using the camera every day for a
quick shot in a sony W5. New models are good on battery life.

Old March 5th 06, 01:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Adam M wrote:
Just seen an article on Usenet that says a good set of Lithium
batteries will last a week without charge - is this true? It sounds too
good.

Thanks

Adam

Well, they might last 6 months. It depends on how much you USE them....
Grin.
Old March 5th 06, 01:27 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Adam M wrote:
[...]

Any Kodak camera that uses AA batteries will work with generic NIMH
batteries, but most manuals warn against using alkaline batteries in
their cameras. I have a DC6440 and it specifically prohibits use of
alkaline batteries. NIMH, LI (disposables), CRV3, and RCRV3 batteries,
as well as Kodak NIMH battery pack should work in these cameras.

Old March 12th 06, 06:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

" work with standard generic AA alkaline batteries rather than the
Kodak-branded rechargables. "

yes, they use AA

"The reason I ask is that I
want to take a camera on holiday and don't want to worry about
recharging. "

J&R sells 10pack of 2700mah for $20.
charge them all, and no need to carry a charger. or get Lithium.