New Toy and Heat wave.

Old May 29th 20, 01:41 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
croy[_2_]

Default New Toy and Heat wave.

On Thu, 28 May 2020 20:48:49 +0200, Alfred Molon wrote:

You live in an oven.

In many parts of California, we have to wear insulators on our feet when we go outside ;-)

--
croy
Old May 29th 20, 01:48 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ken Hart[_4_]

On 5/28/20 6:58 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On May 28, 2020, Bill W wrote
(in ternal-september.org):

On May 28, 2020, Savageduck wrote
(in iganews.com):

On May 28, 2020, Alfred Molon wrote
(in . com):

In article
.com,
says...

Old fart in the Sun, and 104F doesn�t do too well when there is a house
with working AC a couple of 100 yds away.

You live in an oven. We had 16�C today in Munich and just 5�C in
the morning.

Yesterday (Wednesday) at about 15:00 hours it was 109F (42.7C). At 06:00 it
was 71F (22.2C). It is a little cooler right now at 93F (33.8C).

Shessh. Did you move into Las Vegas after I moved out?

I am still out here West of Paso Robles, CA where it get pretty hot in the summer. To cool down all it takes is a 40 minute drive to the coast where it is 61-65F.

Here is this morning’s training flight shot at 4K 30fps. The haze in the air is smoke from a fire over at Camp Roberts about 3 miles to the East. You can get some idea of just how dry things are, and the potential for a bad fire season. Definitely not needed on top of the C-19 stuff:

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-kSKTKMd/0/5d305f39/1920/i-kSKTKMd-1920.mp4

Very nice. Good sharp video, smooth pans. Color and detail looks good
here on my non-calibrated, used mainly for business purposes monitor. So
my opinion is marginal!

What is all that open land? When I see that much rolling hills, I expect
to see cattle. Or at least cow patties!

FWIW, and obviously not your fault, Firefox (Linux) continuously
buffered and never played the video. Chromium played a few seconds,
buffered a few seconds, played a few seconds. But then again, I've got
several live streams running on a no-frills DSL link.

--
Ken Hart

Old May 29th 20, 02:25 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On May 28, 2020, Ken Hart wrote
(in article ):

[...]

That is OK, my drone/video skills are barely 3 days old.

What is all that open land? When I see that much rolling hills, I expect
to see cattle. Or at least cow patties!

The some of the ranches around have cattle, but around here once the winter grass starts to dry out we get a pretty big flock of sheep through here. That feeds the sheep, and mows the grass before the fire season.

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-ZhLtrh7/0/33210a7d/5K/i-ZhLtrh7-5K.jpg

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-HqgPhTP/0/2d49a628/5K/i-HqgPhTP-5K.jpg

FWIW, and obviously not your fault, Firefox (Linux) continuously
buffered and never played the video. Chromium played a few seconds,
buffered a few seconds, played a few seconds. But then again, I've got
several live streams running on a no-frills DSL link.

I am not able to address things Linux as I have an all Apple household.

Savageduck

Old May 29th 20, 02:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article .com,
Savageduck wrote:

FWIW, and obviously not your fault, Firefox (Linux) continuously
buffered and never played the video. Chromium played a few seconds,
buffered a few seconds, played a few seconds. But then again, I've got
several live streams running on a no-frills DSL link.

I am not able to address things Linux as I have an all Apple household.

the problem he describes is due to overloading his limited dsl link,
not the operating systems used.
Old May 29th 20, 02:49 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On May 28, 2020, nospam wrote
(in ) :

In iganews.com,
Savageduck wrote:

FWIW, and obviously not your fault, Firefox (Linux) continuously
buffered and never played the video. Chromium played a few seconds,
buffered a few seconds, played a few seconds. But then again, I've got
several live streams running on a no-frills DSL link.

I am not able to address things Linux as I have an all Apple household.

the problem he describes is due to overloading his limited dsl link,
not the operating systems used.

....er, OK.

Savageduck

Old May 29th 20, 03:19 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On May 28, 2020, Whisky-dave wrote
(in ):

On Friday, 29 May 2020 02:26:03 UTC+1, Savageduck wrote:
On May 28, 2020, Ken Hart wrote

That is OK, my drone/video skills are barely 3 days old.

What is all that open land? When I see that much rolling hills, I expect
to see cattle. Or at least cow patties!

The some of the ranches around have cattle, but around here once the winter grass starts to dry out we get a pretty big flock of sheep through here. That feeds the sheep, and mows the grass before the fire season.

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-ZhLtrh7/0/33210a7d/5K/i-ZhLtrh7-5K.jpg

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-HqgPhTP/0/2d49a628/5K/i-HqgPhTP-5K.jpg

FWIW, and obviously not your fault, Firefox (Linux) continuously
buffered and never played the video. Chromium played a few seconds,
buffered a few seconds, played a few seconds. But then again, I've got
several live streams running on a no-frills DSL link.

I am not able to address things Linux as I have an all Apple household.

No problem on my iMac in firefox :-)

Perhaps, but I have never explored Linux, and I am probably not going to. My Mac does all I need it to do.

Pretty impressive and didn't seem to scare the sheep with it's noise the only cheap ones I've seen/heard are really loud.

Well the sheep have been gone for a while so they were not there for these flights. This Mavic Air 2 is surprisingly quiet. Once it is about 20-25 ft. above me it is difficult to hear.

Can you get it to 'imprint' altitude and NSEW direction on videos or stills.

I have not found a way to do that with a direct recording yet. However, I am sure I could tap into the iPhone, or iPad screen recording capability to record all the controller details.

Can you program a route and leave it to do it, like a search pattern in star trek :-)

There are several tracking functions including following a waypoint flight path.

can it say follow you in your car at X distance and altitude, that could be fun filming yourself doing doughnuts or whatever if you're so inclined that is.

It can, not that that sort of thing is on my agenda, but others have done vehicle tracking with this and other drones.

Regards,
Savageduck

Savageduck