bulk loader and films

Old September 27th 04, 11:23 PM
stefano bramato

Default bulk loader and films

In this digital world.
Some suggestions!! I want ot switch to a bulk loading but i fell like
not comfortable with weakest ring of the chain: the cassette film.

Or there are other reason to not have a bulk loadig for 35mm films?

I need some suggestions, please!!

Ciao,
Stefano Bramato
--
Non è bello cio che è bello figuriamoci cio che è brutto!
Old September 27th 04, 11:36 PM
Nick Zentena

stefano bramato wrote:
In this digital world.
Some suggestions!! I want ot switch to a bulk loading but i fell like
not comfortable with weakest ring of the chain: the cassette film.

Or there are other reason to not have a bulk loadig for 35mm films?

If you have your film commerically processed it might be a problem. Not
all films come in bulk. Only pro types usually. If you process your own film
and can find the film you want in bulk rolls it's great.

Nick

Old September 28th 04, 12:16 AM
stefano bramato

Only pro types usually. If you process your own film
and can find the film you want in bulk rolls it's great.

Nick

yes I know Nick,
i process my films on 35mm and medium format (you can read some
experiments and errors.. - ehm - in rec.photo.darkroom) and my
favourite is the Neopan 400, that I use 90% of times in different
manners. And this film is so far available (luckily Fuji is not
discontinuing a lot as Ilford or Kodak or Agfa...).

But I'm afraid of cassettes: they don't look so durable and strong.
Wahtr is the better brand?

And there are many loaders: Alder, Watson, Jessops.
Are they almost the same quality?

Thanks for further suggestions,
Stefano

--
Non è bello cio che è bello figuriamoci cio che è brutto!

Old September 28th 04, 01:19 AM
Nick Zentena

stefano bramato wrote:

But I'm afraid of cassettes: they don't look so durable and strong.
Wahtr is the better brand?

I like the plastic ones with the twist off lids. The metal ones are just
like the ones the film companies used to use but they are a bit of a pain to
seal.

And there are many loaders: Alder, Watson, Jessops.
Are they almost the same quality?

The Alden is the best but I'm not sure it's still made. The Watson is the
same basic design but made cheaper. The Watson will work just fine but the
Alden is a much nicer piece of equipment. If you can find an Alden go for
that.

Nick
Old September 28th 04, 01:24 PM
stefano bramato

The Watson will work just fine but the
Alden is a much nicer piece of equipment. If you can find an Alden go for
that.

Nick

i found it. Grabbed.

Also for the cassettes: i ordered 6 plastic and 4 from metal: i will
test from myself, too.

Thanks for the very helpful suggestions.

Stefano

--
Non è bello cio che è bello figuriamoci cio che è brutto!