Nikon EN-EL3 Battery Recall - Sold with D100 D70 D50 and Seperately as part 26265

Old November 8th 05, 06:42 PM
Christopher Muto

Default Nikon EN-EL3 Battery Recall - Sold with D100 D70 D50 and Seperately as part 26265

Just heard of this today and didn't find it discussed here previously so...
check to see if your battery is one that is part of the recall by visiting
this page:
http://www.nikonusa.com/email_images...y/battery.html

Old November 8th 05, 08:08 PM
Andy Dee

Christopher Muto wrote:

Just heard of this today and didn't find it discussed here previously so...
check to see if your battery is one that is part of the recall by visiting
this page:
http://www.nikonusa.com/email_images...y/battery.html

Or if you are in the UK:
http://nikoneurope-en.custhelp.com/c...&p_topvi ew=1
Old November 8th 05, 09:17 PM
Nikon User

In article 4k6cf.10744$w_6.9090@trndny09,
"Christopher Muto" wrote:

Just heard of this today and didn't find it discussed here previously
so... check to see if your battery is one that is part of the recall
by visiting this page:

http://www.nikonusa.com/email_images/nikonusa/service_advisory/battery.html

And you'll be without a battery for at week and a half to two weeks
unless you have a spare or a replacement of some sort.
Old November 8th 05, 11:20 PM
Nikon User

In article ,
John A. Stovall wrote:

And you'll be without a battery for at week and a half to two weeks
unless you have a spare or a replacement of some sort.

Who just has one battery for their camera?

Lots of people, I would think.
Old November 9th 05, 12:22 AM
Christopher Muto

"John A. Stovall" wrote in message
On Tue, 08 Nov 2005 16:20:41 -0700, Nikon User

John A. Stovall wrote:

And you'll be without a battery for at week and a half to two weeks
unless you have a spare or a replacement of some sort.

Who just has one battery for their camera?

Lots of people, I would think.

I can't image anyone would be that foolish or dumb.

why are you taking a stand over something as ludicrous as to weather people
have more than one battery or not. not all the owners of d50 and d70 are
pros. besides the battery lasts over six hours in the d70. i appreciate
"nikon user" for letting me know that what nikon says should take seven days
is in his experience two weeks...
enough said, now go check the markings on your battery before you house
burns down.

Old November 9th 05, 05:00 AM
GTO

Default Nikon EN-EL3 Battery Recall - Unacceptable!!!

I wonder if my two not listed batteries are just not listed because they're
"safe" or because Nikon's support department just decided not to recall too
many of them. First a batch of D70 gets flaky, then CCDs in their P&S
cameras and now this. Nikon's quality is getting worse. Don't they test this
stuff before they have customers do testing for them?

I am rather confident that a US customer with a not listed battery pack can
sue them with great chance of success should it blow anyway. They should
recall all of them or tell the exact details why some batches are not
working while others are PERFECTLY safe. BTW, why should the "punished" ones
give up their batteries for 7-10 days AFTER Nikon received the broken
part? - Hello? What happened to customer care?

Gregor

Old November 9th 05, 06:44 AM
cjcampbell

Oddly enough, the only battery I have trouble with overheating is a
third party battery that I got at Best Buy.

My two Nikon batteries appear to be far too old to be affected by the
recall.

Old November 9th 05, 06:48 AM
Nikon User

In article Jibcf.2113$Y97.1372@trndny05,
"Christopher Muto" wrote:

i appreciate "nikon user" for letting me know that what nikon says
should take seven days is in his experience two weeks...

No, it is not experience (I have a D70s, so my battery is not affected);
it is simple math. Nikon says it will take seven to ten days for them
to ship the new battery. The old battery takes two to four days in
transit to Nikon, seven to ten days for them to ship the replacement
back, and another two to four days in transit back to you.

2 + 7 + 2 = 11 (minimum times)
4 + 10 + 4 = 18 (maximum times)

(18 + 11)/2 = 14.5 (average of minimum and maximum times)

So, the average time, from the time you ship the old batter until you
receive the new one is about two weeks.
Old November 9th 05, 10:34 AM
Joan

Certainly not in Australia. Maxwell are sending the new battery and
requesting return of the old one in the same packaging.

--
Joan

Old November 9th 05, 12:02 PM
Joe Makowiec

On 08 Nov 2005 in rec.photo.digital, Nikon User wrote:

And you'll be without a battery for at week and a half to two weeks
unless you have a spare or a replacement of some sort.

Actually, if you want to give them a credit card number, they'll ship the
replacement along with return packing and postage. They only charge your
credit card if they haven't received the original within 30 days.

--
Joe Makowiec
http://makowiec.org/