Newbie, D80 settings for School concert

Old December 22nd 08, 06:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Allen[_3_]

Default Newbie, D80 settings for School concert

cen wrote:
Hey I'm new with a D80 and somewhat limited experience, but have taken
some great photos with it. Tomorrow night is concert night in the
school auditorium and I'm think about setting it on program mode to
shoot. Flash is allowed. Wondering what other settings you'd use.

thanks

A year or two ago I posted something about trying to get decent pictures
of school choirs singing in a gymnasium. Some idiot replied saying in
effect that _all_ stage lighting was the same and I shouldn't have any
trouble ignoring my meter and just using the settings _he_ uses. If you
get any responses like that, I hope that you will: a) ignore the advice
and b)put the responder in your killfile.
Allen