Rollei TLR strap lug connector

Old March 28th 04, 04:20 PM
Lunaray

Default Rollei TLR strap lug connector

I have a Rollei 2.8 Planar TLR and I'm looking for a way to attach a
conventional strap to it! The Rollei has this special spring-loaded
connector that slides into the lug and snaps in place, the problem is that I
can't get a conventional strap-ring into the lug housing, only a Rollei
owner would know what I'm talking about. My question is: does anyone know
of a source for the spring-loaded connector with a conventional strap-ring
attached to it? Or, is there another way to approach it?

Thanks!
--
Ray

Old March 28th 04, 04:26 PM
Lunaray

I suppose that I could use a piece of wire and fashion some Mickey
Mouse-connector, but hey, my Rollei deserves better than that, I just spent
$354 having it rebuilt! ;-)

Old March 28th 04, 05:52 PM
Neil Gould

Recently, Lunaray posted:

I suppose that I could use a piece of wire and fashion some Mickey
Mouse-connector, but hey, my Rollei deserves better than that, I just
spent $354 having it rebuilt! ;-)

If you find a practical and inexpensive solution, please pass it on. I
have a similar need for my old Rolleiflex TLR.

Neil

Old March 28th 04, 06:04 PM
Lunaray

Well I didn't think it would work, but I was just now able to twist some 'O'
rings around the posts and it worked great, now I can attach any kind of
strap to my Rollei that I want! It takes a little patience to get the rings
in place though. Try it!

"Neil Gould" wrote in message
ink.net...
Recently, Lunaray posted:

Old March 28th 04, 07:53 PM
KFritch

I figured I just wanted to take pictures with mine instead of having it look
pretty or original so I used oned of the standard nylon neckstaps with padding
you can buy down at the poto store for about $15 (give or take $5 depending
upon the name on the strap or the greed of the seller). To thread the end of
the strap though, I hust make a diagonal cut to one side of the strap and
feed/pull it through. The strap will be bunched up a bit to either side of the
pin, but it works just fine and it's comfortable in use.
Old March 29th 04, 04:12 AM
Bob Monaghan

see http://medfmt.8k.com/mf/tlrstrap.html Rollei TLR strap homebrew tips

hth bobm
* Robert Monaghan POB 752182 Southern Methodist Univ. Dallas Tx 75275 *
Old March 29th 04, 06:50 AM
Lunaray

Thanks Bob! I sure am glad that the 'O' rings worked so that I can put my
precious "scissor-connectors" in my safe! Hmm, I wonder if they'll go up in
value?