Sony DSC Lithium Battery - How Long?

Old January 23rd 05, 03:50 AM
Harvey

Default Sony DSC Lithium Battery - How Long?

"Henry" wrote in message
I'm considering the newly announced DSC-P200 when it gets on the shelves,

and am
wondering how long the battery might last - not how many pictures, but how

much
it discharges just sitting on the shelf.

I was looking at the DSCs that use AA batteries, because you can keep a

set of
lithium disposables around that are always ready to go.

I'd like to hear from folks with the P150, since it's supposed to be very
similar.

Thanks!

Henry

The self-discharge rate of the lithium-ion battery is very much less than
the Ni-MH AA cells.

Old January 23rd 05, 06:23 AM
Pete D

"Harvey" wrote in message

"Henry" wrote in message
I'm considering the newly announced DSC-P200 when it gets on the shelves,

and am
wondering how long the battery might last - not how many pictures, but
how

much
it discharges just sitting on the shelf.

I was looking at the DSCs that use AA batteries, because you can keep a

set of
lithium disposables around that are always ready to go.

I'd like to hear from folks with the P150, since it's supposed to be very
similar.

Thanks!

Henry

The self-discharge rate of the lithium-ion battery is very much less than
the Ni-MH AA cells.

NiMh are pretty bad but cheap enough to have a couple of sets, even with the
Lithiums take them out of the camera if not using it for a while.

Old January 23rd 05, 11:46 AM
Harvey

"Pete D" wrote in message

"Harvey" wrote in message

"Henry" wrote in message
[...]

Good idea. Many cameras and other devices have electronic power controls.
They will have a small but measurable drain even when the device is "off."
For maximum battery life remove the batteries from the device when not in
use for long periods.

Old January 24th 05, 04:43 AM
Carol and Allen Bredt

Hi Henry -
What do you know about the P200?

I almost got the P150 before the holidays. Maybe I should wait??

Thanks, Carol
--
C and A Bredt
"Henry" wrote in message
I'm considering the newly announced DSC-P200 when it gets on the shelves,

and am
wondering how long the battery might last - not how many pictures, but how

much
it discharges just sitting on the shelf.

I was looking at the DSCs that use AA batteries, because you can keep a

set of
lithium disposables around that are always ready to go.

I'd like to hear from folks with the P150, since it's supposed to be very
similar.

Thanks!

Henry

Posted Using Agent 2.0
[to reply, delete the AT]

******************************

Old February 2nd 05, 11:55 PM
Carol and Allen Bredt

WOW I'll be first in line.

Many thanks for the info.
--
C and A Bredt
"Henry" wrote in message
On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 04:43:07 GMT, "Carol and Allen Bredt"
wrote:

What do you know about the P200?

I almost got the P150 before the holidays. Maybe I should wait??

From what I've read about it, I'd say wait... that's what I'm planning to
do.
Larger LCD, and lower price alone would make it worth waiting.

Here are links you might want to look at:

http://www.digitalcamerainfo.com/con...ons-Review.htm
http://www.video-direct.com/sony/cyb...cybershot.html

Here are some others, but they have less detail than the above.

http://www.dcresource.com/news/newsitem.php?id=2953
http://www.letsgodigital.org/en/news...tory_2310.html
http://www.spex.co.uk/main/id/449/1839/22102.htm
http://www.dcviews.com/press/Sony-DSC-P200.htm
http://www.imaging-resource.com/NEWS/1104975099.html

Henry

Posted Using Agent 2.0
[to reply, delete the AT]

******************************

Old February 3rd 05, 07:39 PM
CyberC

"Carol and Allen Bredt" wrote in news:v1%Id.64554
:

Hi Henry -
What do you know about the P200?

I almost got the P150 before the holidays. Maybe I should wait??

Thanks, Carol

I had 2 Lithium ion batteries serie M that i used for several years in my
1.3 mp sony cybershot, and they never let me down (and i love taking
pictures). I now use these same Batteries in my new dsc f828 and they work
marvel.
Old February 19th 05, 08:23 PM
Carol and Allen Bredt

Thanks Henry. I'll be watching for ads. I don't like to buy cameras on-line.
Too much trouble to send back if it has a problem.

--
C and A Bredt
"Henry" wrote in message
On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 23:55:42 GMT, "Carol and Allen Bredt"
wrote:

WOW I'll be first in line.

Take your number...

Many thanks for the info.

The camera is out NOW!

In fact, www.dell.com has it with 15% off + free shipping, and it's "in
stock"

Bottom line: ~ $340, at least $20 less than the lowest price at
www.techbargains.com
------------------------------

Henry

Posted Using Agent 2.0
[to reply, delete the AT]

******************************

Old February 21st 05, 12:48 AM
Stewy

wrote:

WOW I'll be first in line.

Take your number...

Many thanks for the info.

The camera is out NOW!

In fact, www.dell.com has it with 15% off + free shipping, and it's "in stock"

Bottom line: ~ $340, at least $20 less than the lowest price at
www.techbargains.com

Don't jump too quickly! Sony is notorious in selling cameras where you
need to spend significant amounts of extra cash on getting it useful.
Batteries, external chargers, media and those dumb cases Sony sells all
adds up.
Weigh up ALL the costs before taking the plunge.