Richard Avedon dies in Texas

Old October 2nd 04, 02:34 AM
ThomasH

Default Richard Avedon dies in Texas

I am sure we all saw numerous of his photographs.
He was probably the most prolific photographer
of famous people and fashion, incl. Merlin
Monroe and even Charlie Chaplin. Avedon died
in San Antonio in age of 81.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/10/0....ap/index.html

Thomas
Old October 2nd 04, 02:42 AM
Bandicoot

"ThomasH" wrote in message
I am sure we all saw numerous of his photographs.
He was probably the most prolific photographer
of famous people and fashion, incl. Merlin
Monroe and even Charlie Chaplin. Avedon died
in San Antonio in age of 81.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/10/0....ap/index.html

Seems like this is a bad year to be a great photographer - they're dropping
like flies at the minute. Sad.

Just glad there are still lots of exciting new young photographers coming up
to provide the 'greats' of the future.

Peter

Old October 2nd 04, 05:45 AM
Toy

"Doug Robbins" wrote in message
. com...
Merlin Monroe?

"ThomasH" wrote in message
I am sure we all saw numerous of his photographs.
He was probably the most prolific photographer
of famous people and fashion, incl. Merlin
Monroe and even Charlie Chaplin. Avedon died
in San Antonio in age of 81.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/10/0....ap/index.html

Thomas

The ALL American wizard..........

toy

Old October 2nd 04, 07:12 AM
William Graham

"Doug Robbins" wrote in message
. com...
Merlin Monroe?

She was the magician's sister.....A favorite of King Arthur, and Sir
Launcelot..........

Old October 2nd 04, 07:53 AM
Tony

The very sexy wizard.

--
http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

Old October 2nd 04, 02:04 PM
Alan Browne

ThomasH wrote:

I am sure we all saw numerous of his photographs.
He was probably the most prolific photographer
of famous people and fashion, incl. Merlin
Monroe and even Charlie Chaplin. Avedon died
in San Antonio in age of 81.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/10/0....ap/index.html

....more importantly, at 81 he died while working on a photography project. That
is a testament to his life's work in photography and probably he would be happy
with that ending ...

Cheers,
Alan

Old October 2nd 04, 03:00 PM
Alan Browne

ThomasH wrote:

I am sure we all saw numerous of his photographs.
He was probably the most prolific photographer
of famous people and fashion, incl. Merlin
Monroe and even Charlie Chaplin. Avedon died
in San Antonio in age of 81.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/10/0....ap/index.html

Thomas

More phots at Washingtonpost.com

--
"There is no such thing as inaccuracy in a photograph.
All photographs are accurate. None of them is the truth."
Old October 2nd 04, 11:14 PM
Ted Azito

I wonder what kind of camera he used and if it wasn't autofocus, would
switching have improved his work? (Probably not).
Old October 2nd 04, 11:14 PM
Ted Azito