Google Pixel 5 camera and photos issues

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 21st 20, 03:54 PM posted to comp.mobile.android,rec.photo.digital
Arlen Holder

Default Google Pixel 5 camera and photos issues

On Tue, 20 Oct 2020 10:48:50 -0700, The Real Bev wrote:

Mine, as reported by apps_packages_info, is version 6.1.012.220043556
o com.google.android.GoogleCamera

I had to go to google play to get this info; it used to be available
through the Settings menu. Hmph. Anyway, 7.5.107.326blablabla updated
Aug 13 2020.

Thanks for that information as it's critical to know the version of the
Google Camera app com.google.android.GoogleCamera because the 7.x version
definitely has more stuff than does the 6.x version ported to my Motorola.
o *Google Pixel 5 camera and photos issues*
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/comp.mobile.android/XE-Gl97h5HI

If anyone knows, offhand, of the 7.x port for non-Google Android phones,
please do let us know as I don't keep up with such stuff.

I'm updating all the apps that need it right now. It won't tell me how
many are being updated unless I set the screen fonts to smaller than I
actually want. Assholes never heard of word wrap?

Hehhehheh... as an octogenarian, I know the eye problems all too well.

In fact, I hadn't even thought of landscape until you mentioned it, but
_most_ of the app version reporting freeware tools truncate the version
info.

That's kind of why I recommend app_packages_info, because it will wrap
text, but I hadn't thought of landscaping it until you mentioned that.
o https://f-droid.org/en/packages/com.oF2pks.applicationsinfo/

Application Inspector also wraps the version text quite nicely:
o https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ubqsoft.sec01

See also:
o How do you find the unique app package real name on your Android device?
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/comp.mobile.android/4TcwyAcSPqM

o Freeware "App Inspector" by Ubqsoft [free, no ads, GSF independent] lists installed apps & their "secret" permissions [apparently]
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/comp.mobile.android/3MEPsDCDCSs

This is a constant annoyance. I really like ES File Explorer, but a lot
of the fonts it uses are too small and GREY for easy viewing. It's not
the only app like this, just the one I use most :-(

I gave up on ES File Explorer when they went over to the dark side a couple
of years ago. Maybe they've been cleaned up since?
o Google removes ES File Explorer from Google Play, by Carlos ER
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/comp.mobile.android/ES$20File$20Explorer|sort:date/comp.mobile.android/E55vZnUnjzU/bsN4kEdMAQAJ

On my system, I have a few file explorers, each a bit different
1. MiX
2. Amaze
3. OI File Man...
4. File Manager
5. Dir
6. Simple Explo
7. Files
8. X-plore
9. Cx File Expl...
10. FX

We should probably start a thread on the best file explorers.
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.mobile.android/E55vZnUnjzU/EvAKVzC4AAAJ
--
Freeware requires everyone to pitch in because of the tests required.