HANGIN OUT WITH THE 40D!

Old April 17th 08, 03:26 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
jimkramer

Default HANGIN OUT WITH THE 40D!

"Helen" wrote in message
On Apr 17, 9:45 am, Annika1980 wrote:

An eye-popping pic that puts the fear in someone the next time they
think about leaning against this tree. Great detail and very sharp.
Exposure is spot on. Thank God you didn't have to get too close to
this slithery snake. Great shot!
Helen

Helen you are gushing again, yes it might have licked him to death. Trees
that are cut are typically lumber. Vertical lumber is usually a building.
May be even a bird house? Snakes are nice, just like spiders.

Hey Bret, why don't you throw up the uncropped version so Miss Helen can
compare? After all 400mm is a long way away.

Old April 17th 08, 07:31 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
jimkramer

"Helen" wrote in message
On Apr 17, 10:26 am, "jimkramer"
wrote:
"Helen" wrote in message

On Apr 17, 9:45 am, Annika1980 wrote:

An eye-popping pic that puts the fear in someone the next time they
think about leaning against this tree. Great detail and very sharp.
Exposure is spot on. Thank God you didn't have to get too close to
this slithery snake. Great shot!
Helen

Helen you are gushing again, yes it might have licked him to death. Trees
that are cut are typically lumber. Vertical lumber is usually a building.
May be even a bird house? Snakes are nice, just like spiders.

Hey Bret, why don't you throw up the uncropped version so Miss Helen can
compare? After all 400mm is a long way away.

I didn't think I was that bad this time. It was eye-popping to me
because it's a natural reaction that occurs when I see a snake pop out
somewhere. I was imagining standing very close and being startled when
that snake came out.

Then you would have been completely hysterical the time I had a smooth green
snake show up in my kitchen. Poor thing had no traction on the vinyl floor
and just kept wriggling back and forth, and back and forth, and going no
where. That was certainly a "What the hell is that moment." Then there are
the black snakes that live in the crawl space and keep the mice in check so
the cats don't have too work too hard. :-) - Jim