New Galleries

Old January 20th 05, 09:24 PM
Robert R Kircher, Jr.

Default New Galleries

Just added a few new Galleries

Biltmore, NC
http://www.pbase.com/rkircher/biltmore

Blue Ridge Parkway
http://www.pbase.com/rkircher/blue_ridge_parkway

and
Carl Sandburg House
http://www.pbase.com/rkircher/carl_sandburg_house

As usual comments are more then welcome.

--

Rob

Old January 30th 05, 03:05 PM
Steve Dell

I couldn't see the Biltmore photos. Many of the others on the Blue Ridge and
the Sandburg house appear to be over-sharpened a bit.

The photos with the pond and reflections of the trees are intriguing.

Steve

Old January 30th 05, 04:50 PM
paul

Robert R Kircher, Jr. wrote:

Just added a few new Galleries

Biltmore, NC
http://www.pbase.com/rkircher/biltmore

Blue Ridge Parkway
http://www.pbase.com/rkircher/blue_ridge_parkway

and
Carl Sandburg House
http://www.pbase.com/rkircher/carl_sandburg_house

As usual comments are more then welcome.

Some wonderful shots in the Blue Ridge but also lots of ordinary ones. I
know it's hard but what I've been doing is put up the full set then move
the mediocre ones to a subgallery named 'more' below the winners. That
shoot could be spectacular with only 5 or 10 on top! Did you have to do
a lot of adjustments to preserve the skys? For example, something like
this is such difficult lighting I wonder if there is any way to really
get a pleasing pictu http://www4.pbase.com/rkircher/image/38857675 I
suppose one would have to just accept the circumstances and take a more
dramatic artistic approach rather than attempting an even exposure.

This one is almost wonderful but the blurred trees above are
dissapointing: http://www4.pbase.com/rkircher/image/38857668

Ah, here's the biltmore gallery:
http://www4.pbase.com/rkircher/biltmore
The second is much better than the first, it'd be nicer to just see that
one. The lamps are too similar, just choose your favorite or take them
in a very different composition. Really nice stuff though I'm just
picking on the need for editorial because I have that problem.
Old January 30th 05, 04:52 PM
paul

I like this one:
http://www4.pbase.com/rkircher/image/38856203

Old February 7th 05, 06:40 AM
Robert R Kircher, Jr.

"paul" wrote in message
Robert R Kircher, Jr. wrote:

[...]

Thanks Paul, I meant to respond to your post a while ago but I've been busy
and didn't get to it.
I agree with you on the reorganization of the galleries. When I have time
to do more then just post new images I think I will do just that.

This one is almost wonderful but the blurred trees above are
dissapointing: http://www4.pbase.com/rkircher/image/38857668

Yea, I've been working on that. I should have shot this at something more
like f8 instead of f4 but I think what I wanted to do is have only the
building focused and I think the autofocus got the trees in the foreground
instead of the building. I'm used to manual split focus of my old OM-1 and
haven't quite mastered the auto focus yet.

Ah, here's the biltmore gallery:
http://www4.pbase.com/rkircher/biltmore
The second is much better than the first, it'd be nicer to just see that
one. The lamps are too similar, just choose your favorite or take them in
a very different composition. Really nice stuff though I'm just picking on
the need for editorial because I have that problem.

Again some reorganization is in order and will happen sooner or later. ;-)

--

Rob