3rd RFD: rec.photo.digital.slr

Old September 7th 04, 05:25 PM
Thad

Steve Young wrote:

Dittos! My wish too, but I won't compromise on conforming the affected
groups charters. The only reply I will have for this apparent 'hit and
run' pillage is my resolve to vote 'no'.

You are being very unreasonable. You are asking for something for which
there is no process.

--

Thaddeus Lip****z

Old September 7th 04, 05:35 PM
Steve Young

"Alan Browne" wrote

Steve Young wrote:

"Alan Browne" wrote

Steve Young wrote:

Will this be addressing new charters for the 2 original groups (rpd
& rpe35mm) which are impacted by the new group(s)?

no.

why? you have no problem pillaging the groups? no new charters as
your gratitude?

You're the one who wants this done, you lead it.

It takes unity to make it work.
I now view your new group as the elitist power grab others have
called you on. You might as well petition for a moderated group.

Steve Young

Old September 7th 04, 05:45 PM
Steve Young

"Thad" wrote

Steve Young wrote:

Dittos! My wish too, but I won't compromise on conforming the affected
groups charters. The only reply I will have for this apparent 'hit and
run' pillage is my resolve to vote 'no'.

You are being very unreasonable. You are asking for something for which
there is no process.

In spite of the hundreds of posts, and even Alan saying it was needed,
neither of you have been apparently willing to ask (and accommodate), if
it could be included with your proposal. It sure makes a lot of sense,
especially when you're going to be asking the 2 affected groups to 'vote
in' your new group.

Old September 7th 04, 05:52 PM
Lionel

Kibo informs me that Alan Browne
stated that:

Lionel wrote:

Does the E20 have a mirror that routes the image from the lens between
the image plane & the viewfinder? - If so, all it's an SLR, according to
all the photography textbooks on my bookshelf, & having a digital
imaging sensor makes it a DSLR, & on-topic in RPDS by any rational
measure, IMO.

Your opinion is wrong.

...interchangeable lenses: NO

You can't twist and turn your words to make it something it is not.

Hello? - You're the one twisting words. Here's a *standard definition*
of the term 'SLR':

"The Manual of Photography - Eighth Edition", Jacobson, Ray & Attridge,
ISBN 0240-512268-5, page 87:
--------------
Single-lens reflex cameras.
[...]
The principle of the camera is illustrated in Figure 8.6. A plane
front-surface mirror at 45 degrees to the optical axis is used to form
the image from the camera lens on a screen where it may be focused and
composed.For exposure, the mirror is lifted out of the way before the
camera shutter operates. Immediately the the exposure is completed, the
mirror the mirror returns to the viewing position.
The rest of the section goes on to describe the mechanisms in more
detail, & the history of SLRs. *Nowhere in the chapter* does it say that
an SLR requires an interchangable lens mount. All my other photography
text books describe SLRs in much the same way, & not one of them
includes anything about a requirement for interchangeable lenses in
their description, despite the fact that most of them /do/ mention that
one of the advantages of SLRs is that they generally have a wide variety
of different lens types available for them.