eatable inks and printing on cakes

Old December 10th 04, 02:29 PM
william kossack

Default eatable inks and printing on cakes

I'm searching for information on how to decorate a sheet cake with a photo.

I've heard of a couple different approaches. One is a printer that
prints directly onto the cake. Another approach is to print on eatable
paper that can be placed onto the cake and the paper disolves into the
icing.

For the casual user having a printer modified to only print on a cake is
not very attractive. However, if I could find a eatable paper that
would not fall appart in the printer yet disolve into the icing it would
create all kinds of cool possibilities.

One concern is any of the inks available for the current printers
eatable after it dries. After all, It would not do to poison your guests.
Old December 10th 04, 03:10 PM
Gene Palmiter

"william kossack" wrote in message
I'm searching for information on how to decorate a sheet cake with a

photo.

I've heard of a couple different approaches. One is a printer that
prints directly onto the cake. Another approach is to print on eatable
paper that can be placed onto the cake and the paper disolves into the
icing.

For the casual user having a printer modified to only print on a cake is
not very attractive. However, if I could find a eatable paper that
would not fall appart in the printer yet disolve into the icing it would
create all kinds of cool possibilities.

One concern is any of the inks available for the current printers
eatable after it dries. After all, It would not do to poison your guests.

http://www.photofrost.com/default.htm Google can be your friend too if you
just visit once in awhile.

Old December 10th 04, 05:09 PM
bob

william kossack wrote in

I'm searching for information on how to decorate a sheet cake with a
photo.

Baskin Robins prints on paper to decorate their icecream cakes. You might
see if your local store would be willing to make prints for you.

If you search google for edible inkjet cartridge, there are a number of
suppliers. For paper, there is edible rice paper used in pastry and candy.

Bob

Old December 10th 04, 05:29 PM
Roger Hunt

In article upiud.476527$wV.44215@attbi_s54, william kossack
writes
I'm searching for information on how to decorate a sheet cake with a photo.

I've heard of a couple different approaches. One is a printer that
prints directly onto the cake. Another approach is to print on eatable
paper that can be placed onto the cake and the paper disolves into the
icing.

For the casual user having a printer modified to only print on a cake is
not very attractive. However, if I could find a eatable paper that
would not fall appart in the printer yet disolve into the icing it would
create all kinds of cool possibilities.

Perhaps pastry, or puff-pastry would be acceptable? A thin A4 sheet of
pastry might well pass through an inkjet printer.
One concern is any of the inks available for the current printers
eatable after it dries. After all, It would not do to poison your guests.

Refill your inkjet cartridges with food colouring.
--
Roger Hunt

Old December 10th 04, 06:30 PM
Marvin Margoshes

"Roger Hunt" wrote in message
[...]

Have you tried it? I've tried refilling with regular ink. It worked very
badly.

Old December 10th 04, 07:43 PM
Roger Hunt

In article , Marvin Margoshes
writes

"Roger Hunt" wrote in message
[...]

I must admit I was being tongue in cheek! My attempts at refilling did
not go well, but my old Epson Stylus600 is still motoring on with the
occasional print head clean, and ink is very cheap now - not worth the
trouble of re-filling when I can buy a bag-full on Ebay for pocket
money. (My Minolta DeskLaser serves for better quality printing)
--
Roger Hunt