Panasonic LZ-2 memory capacity

Old May 26th 09, 05:54 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
isw

Default Panasonic LZ-2 memory capacity

The user manual says that 1GB is the maximum the camera can use, but
I've seen places on line offering 2 and 4 GB SD cards for it.

It may be that 1GB was just the largest thing available at the time the
manual was written. Does anybody know for sure what the maximum card
size is?

Isaac
Old May 26th 09, 08:37 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David J Taylor[_11_]

isw wrote:
The user manual says that 1GB is the maximum the camera can use, but
I've seen places on line offering 2 and 4 GB SD cards for it.

It may be that 1GB was just the largest thing available at the time
the manual was written. Does anybody know for sure what the maximum
card size is?

Isaac

What age (design) is the camera, Isaac?

2GB would be the maximum for SD cards, if you want to go to 4GB you should
look for a statement that the camera will take SDHC cards, and that may be
missing from an older camera.

David

Old May 26th 09, 08:51 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ofnuts

isw wrote:
The user manual says that 1GB is the maximum the camera can use, but
I've seen places on line offering 2 and 4 GB SD cards for it.

It may be that 1GB was just the largest thing available at the time the
manual was written. Does anybody know for sure what the maximum card
size is?

2Gb card should work. 4Gb ones (of the plain SD variety, not the SDHC
ones) *may* work.
--
Bertrand
Old May 26th 09, 02:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Stormin Mormon

My Panasonic (LS-70) says it takes up to something, I'm
thinking 2 GB and then you have to use SDHC cards. I got a
couple SDHC in 4 and 8 GB, and they don't work. So, I got a
couple adaptors off Ebay and now I use the cards as flash
drives.

With storage cards being about ten bucks each, buy one or
two and try em out. Or, borrow a couple from a friend to
try.

With my camera plugged into my computer, I can use Windows
Explorer to view the pictures on my camera, rename them,
delete the ones I don't want. I can also defragment my
memory card using Disk Defragmenter, and then choosing the
camera drive.

I havn't had any need to, but it is possible to store
documents, and other files on my camera's memory card.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

]...

Old May 26th 09, 04:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
ray

On Mon, 25 May 2009 21:54:15 -0700, isw wrote:

The user manual says that 1GB is the maximum the camera can use, but
I've seen places on line offering 2 and 4 GB SD cards for it.

It may be that 1GB was just the largest thing available at the time the
manual was written. Does anybody know for sure what the maximum card
size is?

Isaac

You'll probably not have any issues with larger cards, but can't say until
you try them. There is some good info on the wikipedia article about SD
cards. Make certain that they are not SDHC cards and you'll probably be
all right.
Old May 26th 09, 06:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
isw

In article ,
"David J Taylor"
wrote:

isw wrote:
The user manual says that 1GB is the maximum the camera can use, but
I've seen places on line offering 2 and 4 GB SD cards for it.

It may be that 1GB was just the largest thing available at the time
the manual was written. Does anybody know for sure what the maximum
card size is?

Isaac

What age (design) is the camera, Isaac?

Honestly, I don't know; I bought it used.

2GB would be the maximum for SD cards, if you want to go to 4GB you should
look for a statement that the camera will take SDHC cards, and that may be
missing from an older camera.

I'm pretty sure it won't handle SDHC cards; there's no mention of that
in the User Manual.

Isaac
Old May 26th 09, 06:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
isw

In article ,
Ofnuts wrote:

isw wrote:
The user manual says that 1GB is the maximum the camera can use, but
I've seen places on line offering 2 and 4 GB SD cards for it.

It may be that 1GB was just the largest thing available at the time the
manual was written. Does anybody know for sure what the maximum card
size is?

2Gb card should work. 4Gb ones (of the plain SD variety, not the SDHC
ones) *may* work.

I appreciate the info. Could you elaborate on why? I'm always interested
in knowing the reasons... (I know why SDHC won't work).

I once had a digital camera that used the old Compact Flash cards. The
User Manual cautioned that the camera software would scramble any card
with more than 32 Meg capacity; I just wondered if this camera might
have a similar "feature".

Isaac
Old May 26th 09, 07:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David J Taylor[_11_]

isw wrote:
[]
I appreciate the info. Could you elaborate on why? I'm always
interested in knowing the reasons... (I know why SDHC won't work).

I once had a digital camera that used the old Compact Flash cards. The
User Manual cautioned that the camera software would scramble any card
with more than 32 Meg capacity; I just wondered if this camera might
have a similar "feature".

Isaac

Take a look he

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_...d_larger_cards

Cheers,
David

Old May 27th 09, 06:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
isw

In article ,
"David J Taylor"
wrote:

isw wrote:
[]
I appreciate the info. Could you elaborate on why? I'm always
interested in knowing the reasons... (I know why SDHC won't work).

I once had a digital camera that used the old Compact Flash cards. The
User Manual cautioned that the camera software would scramble any card
with more than 32 Meg capacity; I just wondered if this camera might
have a similar "feature".

Isaac

Take a look he

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_..._issues_with_2
_GB_and_larger_cards

Well, actually, it was that article that caused me to ask here if anyone
*knew* what sizes the LZ-2 could handle. I have no idea how to find out
whether it is an SD 1.0 or an SD 1.01 device.

Isaac
Old May 27th 09, 07:46 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David J Taylor[_11_]

isw wrote:
[]
Well, actually, it was that article that caused me to ask here if
anyone *knew* what sizes the LZ-2 could handle. I have no idea how to
find out whether it is an SD 1.0 or an SD 1.01 device.

Isaac

Why not ask the manufacturer?

David