$500 AUD Cash reward for information

Old March 28th 06, 11:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital

Default $500 AUD Cash reward for information

A CASH REWARD IS OFFERED for information leading to the identity of an
Internet image thief, proven liar and stalker.

A person posting with the credentials of:

and

Is engaged in theft of my photographs off my web site and defamation of
me and my family. He has conducted a 2 year long campaign against me of
lies, defamation and threats. I am now committed to pursuing and
silencing him through the court system, regardless of the cost.

My name is Douglas MacDonald.
I run a number of web sites the most significant is photosbydouglas.com
and canvasphotos.com.au I am a law abiding Australian business person
with deep involvement community activities. I pay my taxes, register
with all necessary Government departments and provide a legal and valid
warranty and refund procedure in my business activities.

No one should have to contend with lies and defamatory statements from
anyone when they run a legitimate business. I've had enough of this and
now intend to silence him legally.

I offer now a NO-QUESTIONS-ASKED $500 AUD cash reward for information of
the real identity and residential address of the person using these
identities.

The money will be paid by my lawyers at Eagle Street Brisbane on
successful service of summonses on this person. The payment will be cash
and you do not need to identify yourself, just wait until your
information is verified and the court papers served, to be paid.

Contact me through my web sites.
Old March 29th 06, 12:25 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital

I would have thought the police would have little trouble extracting the
relevant IP + account details from Microsoft & ISPs & Telcos

Old March 29th 06, 01:21 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital

C J Southern wrote:
I would have thought the police would have little trouble extracting the
relevant IP + account details from Microsoft & ISPs & Telcos

My lawyer charges $250 an hour.
He estimates $2 ~ 3k to get a court order of discovery served on Optus
(his ISP) which is a Singapore company.

I figured if someone know who he is and would like some cash, it's be
cheaper to pay them. If no one responds, I'll pay the lawyer whatever it
cost to track the mongrel down.
Old March 29th 06, 02:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital

"D-Mac" wrote in message
A CASH REWARD IS OFFERED

A cash reward from a certified net-kook? I'll pass.

Greg

Old March 29th 06, 03:45 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital

G.T. wrote:
"D-Mac" wrote in message

A CASH REWARD IS OFFERED

A cash reward from a certified net-kook? I'll pass.

Greg

Certified by who? You?
Pass what?

Get a life child.

Old March 29th 06, 11:54 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital

Pete D wrote:
"D-Mac" wrote in message

C J Southern wrote:

I would have thought the police would have little trouble extracting the
relevant IP + account details from Microsoft & ISPs & Telcos

My lawyer charges $250 an hour.
He estimates $2 ~ 3k to get a court order of discovery served on Optus
(his ISP) which is a Singapore company.

I figured if someone know who he is and would like some cash, it's be
cheaper to pay them. If no one responds, I'll pay the lawyer whatever it
cost to track the mongrel down.

What price peace?

Maybe as high as $20,000?
A more correct question would be: What price your principals?
Bush sent America to war against Saddam and a whole country of innocent
people because Saddam once tried to have his father assassinated. What
price revenge?
Old March 29th 06, 12:15 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital

(Offtopic, like this entire posting. Just defending my name. I shall
not respond beyond this, except to Mr MacDonald's solicitors.(grin))

Firstly, it seems that Douglas is not quite getting the response he
wished. He is now recognised for the type of person he is.

A CASH REWARD IS OFFERED for information leading to the identity of an
Internet image thief, proven liar and stalker.

And good luck getting your money. Anyone who bites will have as much
hope as people like Avery, Annika, Rusty and others had, of ever
getting Douglas' free samples. And of course he has performed this
stunt before - a quick search will reveal very similar postings in the
past.

A person posting with the credentials of: and
Is engaged in theft of my photographs off my web site

'Theft' is stealing. I haven't stolen anything. Let me explain this
in words of less than two syl-lab-les.

1. Douglas posted images and text on the In-ter-net.
2. Douglas drew at-ten-tion to them in these groups.
3. People cri-tic-ised his images and in-fer-en-ces.
4. He (cow-ard-ly) withdrew the images and text.
5. People like me reposted the images and text so Douglas can't get
away with it.

That's not stealing. In fact, just about anyone with even a smattering
of legal training will look at that and laugh. 'Fair use', they will
chuckle.

and defamation of me and my family.

Nope. I've called him a liar, because he does lie. I've called him a
fraud, because he has used fraudulent means to try to promote his
business (although it seems his business is almost completely
non-existent - he certainly has no 'Techno Aussie Digital Print Centre'
franchise that he claimed in the laughable 'Graham Hunt' episode). The
difference here is that anyone can look up all those incidents. But
can Douglas post a nice clear simple link to where *I* have lied?
Defamation only applies if one utters untruths.

And of course I've called him a sockpuppet, because he has used many
identities (over 40 at last count) to pretend to be different people of
the same view, and to support his own posts.

I am now committed to pursuing and silencing him through the court
system, regardless of the cost.

So why doesn't he get off his arse and do it? What was this post
supposed to achieve? Make me tremble in my boots? Not gonna happen.

My name is Douglas MacDonald.
I run a number of web sites the most significant is photosbydouglas.com

Isn't that the one he pulled down and said he had completely abandoned
- along with digital photography - only a few months back? (refer to
"Digicams With MF Film Quality" in rec.photo.digital, which contains
more examples of his pulled webpages and ridiculous claims), and also
"Return to film... True!" in rec.photo.equipment.35mm

I offer now a NO-QUESTIONS-ASKED $500 AUD cash reward for information of
the real identity and residential address of the person using these
identities.

'No questions asked'? Let's read on...

The money will be paid by my lawyers at Eagle Street Brisbane on
successful service of summonses on this person.

Oh. So there are in fact quite a few 'questions' and conditions.
Here's a simple solution - if Douglas will post the name of his
lawyer/s, I will happily identify myself to them, and forward to them
every post I've ever made about him in full context. If he has a
problem with that (and he will!), I think we can say his bluff has now
officially been called.

The payment will be cash and you do not need to identify yourself

Hence my request. I'll give my details to an *unbiased* observer, but
I don't wish to be identified by Douglas because he is a *obsessed
borderline psychotic*. If you doubt that, from another post on this
topic, Douglas said, and I quote:

I'll find you soon enough...
Scum like you are the reason shopkeepers keep shotguns under
the counter.

Any questions, folks? That will be one of the first things I show his
lawyer...

just wait until your information is verified and the court papers served, to be paid.

But what if Douglas decides he won't proceed? (Gee, not that it would
be likely, I'm sure that any lawyer would *jump* at the chance to
represent someone like him..) But of course by then he would have my
address... Anyone else feel like giving him their address, after that
shotgun remark??

Anyway, these silly threats might work on someone with little
intelligence, and maybe Douglas thinks everyone thinks just like him.
But they ain't working on me. If he continues to post rubbish and then
withdraw it, I will continue to *repost* it for posterity, and to
ensure he doesn't get away with his ridiculous claims.

To prove that he won't stop me keeping him honest, here's another of
the Douglas classic posts, which deserves another showing:

http://www.geocities.com/chrlzs/flinders-20D

Herein Douglas tried to show how badly a Canon performs with shadow
detail. But take a careful look at the EXIF data which shows the
exposure mode he used (partial, which is similar to spot), and then
look at the histogram. Remembering, this is a sunlit beach scene, and
he effectively used spot metering off the guy's sunlit white pants,
shirt and beach sand, with no compensation...!!! Does anyone here
think the problem is the camera, or is it the photographer? I can post
more - is Douglas going to summons the Wayback Machine too? There are
many other ways to get cached data, so no-one can escape their history.
I'm happy for any of *my* work to be reposted, by the way - I'll be
flattered! And my old stuff is actually not that hard to find...

(O:

So remember - these are his *publicly posted webpages*, complete with
all copyright messages, reposted for educational purposes.

Contact me through my web sites.

Any takers yet? I hope no-one beats me to my $500.

(O:

I'm waiting for your lawyer's name, Douglas.

Old March 29th 06, 09:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital

wrote in message
oups.com...
1. Douglas posted images and text on the In-ter-net.
2. Douglas drew at-ten-tion to them in these groups.
3. People cri-tic-ised his images and in-fer-en-ces.
4. He (cow-ard-ly) withdrew the images and text.

Whatever may be the rightness or wrongness of any of this, the claims and
counterclaims in which leave me rigid with boredom, I was just wondering why
all the hyphenation?
Have we accidentally strayed into English as a Foreign Language? Or is there
some oth-er rea-son?
Helen.

Old March 29th 06, 10:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital

Helen wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
1. Douglas posted images and text on the In-ter-net.
2. Douglas drew at-ten-tion to them in these groups.
3. People cri-tic-ised his images and in-fer-en-ces.
4. He (cow-ard-ly) withdrew the images and text.

Whatever may be the rightness or wrongness of any of this, the claims and
counterclaims in which leave me rigid with boredom, I was just wondering why
all the hyphenation?

He's helping Dougie by breaking the words down.

--
Hywel

$500 AUD Cash reward for information D-Mac Digital Photography 29 March 31st 06 12:47 PM
more money David Digital Photography 1 December 8th 05 01:24 AM
CASH REWARD by camera merchant - $500 [email protected] 35mm Photo Equipment 2 August 11th 04 06:44 PM
CASH REWARD by camera retailer - $500 [email protected] Medium Format Photography Equipment 0 August 11th 04 04:27 PM
CASH REWARD by photo retailer - $500 [email protected] In The Darkroom 0 August 11th 04 04:24 PM