Another lake Macquarie day pano..

Old August 16th 08, 02:15 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
^Tems^[_2_]

Default Another lake Macquarie day pano..

Mark Thomas wrote:
^Tems^ wrote:
Mark Thomas wrote:
^Tems^ wrote:
Mark Thomas wrote:
More work in progress..

http://www.marktphoto.com/examples/pano_night1_test.jpg

Fuji S9000, fl~35mm, 3s f5.6, 5 images, PTGUI, adjusted levels/sat,
lightly denoised, reduced to about 1/3 size and USM.
(Need any of this explained or elaborated? just ask..)

Two conflicting thoughts struck me while taking the source images:

1. Why doesn't Brisbane City Council light up the botanical gardens
a bit, so it doesn't look like a huge black slug in the middle of
my image..? (O:

and then, hypocritically

2. Do all of those building lights really need to be on, wasting
energy like it doesn't matter? (OK, it *was* only about 6pm on a
weekday, so I guess it just reflects the long hours we Qlder's work.)

In regard to the image - yes, I'm aware of the stitching errors in
the foreground handrails, due to me shooting this without a pano
head. Maybe I'll go back and fiddle with the control points, maybe
not - consider it a copyright message to prevent misuse...!

And in hindsight, I should probably have used HDR to get more
detail in the sky. But the sunset wasn't a winner, so I couldn't
be bothered. Another for the maybe-next-time bin.

Constructive criticism welcome.

A couple I have done this week with PTGui (40d and 28-135 KIT lens)

8 stitch
http://www.pbase.com/temuchin/image/101666935

Very nice work.

6 stitch
http://www.pbase.com/temuchin/image/101666933
The centre horizon is very blown but 1/2 hour after sunset it is
hard to get perfect light.

I don't regard that as blown - a bit washed out, maybe, but not that
bad, and again it's a very nice scene. Maybe a candidate for HDR if
you are into that sort of thing. (As if panoramas aren't enough work
without hdr..!)

Just what I need, more inspiration..!

I have tried a few HDR panorama's.
This one was more arty than an actual picture
http://www.pbase.com/temuchin/image/101667821

MMMmmm - I just love monochrome. Wonder what it would have looked like
in colour... ((O: Seriously, I like this image very much, but would
like to see it 'normalised'..

and a more normal one

http://www.pbase.com/temuchin/image/101667909/large

Nice, but I think it wants a little more foreground interest. Maybe I
woulda chucked in a big rock.. (O: Would look great as a wall sized
mural in the right room.

This is one you'll like
http://www.pbase.com/temuchin/image/101668208/original

Correct - I do like! That's a winner. I'm trying to work out where it
is - my first thought was Lakes Entrance in Vic, but the coastline
doesn't look right.. There's so many danged entrances around the place..

69 photos taken at 300mm with my old 400d and 70-300 IS USM.

Are you kidding me? I have not the patience for that sort of project...
We're talking Gigapixel territory..

The tree's aren't trimmed at the lookout

Don't you hate that!! I'm quite green, but when it comes to lookouts in
forests.. (O:

so i had to stand on the top of a 4 inch pipe filled with concrete.

Nah, you havta be kidding. It would be bad enough standing lazily with
a tripod...

This is reduced to 7% of original with a about 2 inches taken off each
side.

It took 2 hours to stitch at 20% with autopano. One afternoon i
will set it up on the work computer at 100% and let it stitch
overnight and see how it looks.

It's interesting that you should say this - I dumped Autostitch because
it couldn't handle my bigger panos - I presume Autopano has addressed
that issue. I'd be very interested to see the result if you get a round
tuit...

It's the entrance to lake Macquarie, just south of Newcastle.

I ran the 170mm 70 shot one last night.
Only thing edited is cropping the jagged edges.
It saved as a 519mb PSD file.

This one is 8.5mb jpg at level 8 on photoshop

http://www.pbase.com/temuchin/image/101714581/original

--
for the 35mm group

This post is off-topic for this newsgroup, rec.photo.equipment.35mm,
which is concerned with film cameras that use 35mm film, not digital
cameras that look like 35mm SLRs.

I should use an appropriate newsgroup for postings on digital cameras.
One of the following groups would be a good place for such postings:

rec.photo.equipment.digital
rec.photo.equipment.digital.point+shoot
rec.photo.equipment.digital.rangefinder
rec.photo.equipment.digital.slr
rec.photo.equipment.digital.slr-system
Old August 16th 08, 03:04 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
^Tems^[_2_]

That Rich wrote:
On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 11:15:24 +1000, ^Tems^
wrote:

Mark Thomas wrote:
^Tems^ wrote:
Mark Thomas wrote:
^Tems^ wrote:
Mark Thomas wrote:
[...]

I'm not much for commenting on these type of posts,

You're not much for posting links to your work either.
So without being able to see any of your work I can safely ignore your
comments.

but, you really
suck at this photography stuff. And what's with that camera... surely
you must have added all the noise with your photoshop skills as I
can't believe anything would come straight out of the camera in that
condition.

Once again, please provide a link to some of your work so I can see I
can being criticised by someone worth listening to.

You really do need to keep your crap in the digital groups where the
people aren't competent enough to know how lousy it is.

The advantage of film hey, all your crap isn't see by the world and if
you ever do put it up (which i doubt) you can blame the scanner for
reducing the quality

RPŠ

Old August 16th 08, 03:45 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Mark Thomas

That Rich wrote:
Links to my photos have been posted here for many years.

Stitched pano's? Where exactly?

but, you really suck at this photography stuff.

And you wonder why participation in these groups is dying? Nice,
constructive critique there, Rich. But at least you made yourself sound
superior, and that's what it is all about.

And what's with that camera... surely
you must have added all the noise

Another stupid "I am superior" sentence. You really a piece of work,
aren't you, Rich? There is an issue with artefacts of some kind - but
don't you think you might come across as more of a hero if you asked
about the process and tried to help? I'm guessing that might be because
you don't have sufficient knowledge to help..

Tems, can *I* ask whether the artefacts - appearing as blocky horizontal
streaks and some posterisation - were there in the originals? BBL for
more input - just saw this garbage post from Rich and had to comment...

Before shooting 100GB panos on your new digicam, you may want to
consider learning about ...

Ah yes, the troll's approach. No specifics, just 'You may want to learn'...

Just trying to help here.

FAILING.

You really do need to keep your crap in the digital groups where the
people aren't competent enough to know how lousy it is.

Do you feel superior *yet*? Maybe a few more lines like this would help
even more.

RPŠ
-
The best photographers have the biggest garbage cans.

Including yourself?

The difference between us is I *know* I'm second rate... (O:
Old August 16th 08, 05:26 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
D-Mac[_6_]

Mark Thomas wrote:
That Rich wrote:
[...]

You're a hypocrite Charlie. That picture is a disgusting example of a
troll trying to emulate a photographer - It didn't work. The half a ship
20mm above the other half ought to have been a small clue. Wrong camera,
wrong lens, trying to do the impossible... It's just an imitation of
your pathetic attempts.

Rich is right. Stay in the kindergarten until you have something worth
showing. As for you Charlie... Your double and triple standards are just
exposing for the lying idiot you are.

You make seemingly "expert" comments on people's photos and only ever
post links to **** you've taken. Get a life the pair of you. And you can
both be sure it isn't going to be as photographers.
Old August 16th 08, 11:18 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Noons

^Tems^ wrote,on my timestamp of 16/08/2008 11:15 AM:

http://www.pbase.com/temuchin/image/101714581/original

"12-Feb-2008 - We'll be right back in about 10 minutes. The main database choked
and is restarting now. Sorry for the inconvenience. -slug "

BWAHAHAHA!
Old August 16th 08, 02:40 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Harold Hughes[_2_]

Default Doug found to be wrong yet again? TWICE IN A WEEK - Picking on someoneswork when he made a similar mistake

D-Mac wrote:
Mark Thomas wrote:
That Rich wrote:
[...]

Or yours, remember this gem
http://www.douglasjames.com.au/examples/4theidiots.htm

Check out the area under the 2 in 2008.
The steps and the tree magically taking over the path are on par with a
floating half a ship

bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Rich is right. Stay in the kindergarten until you have something worth
showing.

Or create your own photographic society and tell everyone you have been
a members for years.

As for you Charlie... Your double and triple standards are just
exposing for the lying idiot you are.

You make seemingly "expert" comments on people's photos and only ever
post links to **** you've taken. Get a life the pair of you. And you can
both be sure it isn't going to be as photographers.

Didn't you say to Tems back in March

You have a contribution to make, that for sure.

You may have erased your history but he replied and kept your comment
for google to archive

bwahahahahahahahahahaahaha

Old August 16th 08, 09:27 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
D-Mac[_6_]

Harold Hughes wrote:

Didn't you say to Tems back in March

You have a contribution to make, that for sure.

You may have erased your history but he replied and kept your comment
for google to archive

bwahahahahahahahahahaahaha

Yeah harold... That was father someone or another. Now if it was Tems in
drag, maybe you are he now?
Old August 16th 08, 09:28 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
D-Mac[_6_]

Annika1980 wrote:
On Aug 15, 10:45 pm, Mark Thomas
wrote:
Another stupid "I am superior" sentence. You really a piece of work,
aren't you, Rich?

No, piece of work would make him Rich Pow. But he's Rich Pos.

Rich is right about one thing. Links to his pics have been posted
here many times ...... usually by me.

But you do that for everyone mate.
Old August 16th 08, 11:51 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Avery

Mark Thomas wrote:
^Tems^ wrote:
Mark Thomas wrote:
^Tems^ wrote:
Mark Thomas wrote:
[...]

WAs that taken from the old lookout on the hill above Caves Beach?

Last time I was there it was too overgrown to be able to see anything.
Old August 17th 08, 01:18 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Noons

Annika1980 wrote,on my timestamp of 17/08/2008 4:53 AM:
On Aug 16, 6:18 am, Noons wrote:
http://www.pbase.com/temuchin/image/101714581/original

"12-Feb-2008 - We'll be right back in about 10 minutes. The main database choked
and is restarting now. Sorry for the inconvenience. -slug "

BWAHAHAHA!

All those people looking at my pics sometimes strains the Pbase
servers.

all the way back to 12-Feb-2008, I can see that.
Only 10 minutes since then, as well...

Over 2,000,000 happy customers so far in my galleries.

how many are repeat visits from your groupies
or you clicking on them with a clicker-bot?