ADVICE! Big Sur: Read this before upgrading

Old November 14th 20, 04:03 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.comp.sys.mac
Graham J[_2_]

Default Apple ARM

Arlen Holder wrote:
On Sat, 14 Nov 2020 06:57:24 -0500, Scott Schuckert wrote:

Arlen Holder wrote:

the Type III apologists

Which kind are the best? I want to be the best kind.

Daniele

Me too! Is there a survey I should fill out?

Three types of childish Apple Apologists:
o Type I === Actually know the facts; yet always incessantly parrot MARKETING bull**** (e.g., nospam)
o Type II === Believe MARKETING bull****; but never seem to check their facts (e.g., SavageDuck)
o Type III === Dunning-Kruger Quadrant 1 Self-identify with Apple MARKETING bull**** (e.g., Lewis)

I had to look up Dunning-Kruger and found a wonderful quote: "suggests
that poor performers are not in a position to recognize the shortcomings
in their performance".

Describes Trump and Johnson to a tee, I think!

--
Graham J
Old November 14th 20, 04:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.comp.sys.mac
Alan Browne[_2_]

On 2020-11-14 10:03, Graham J wrote:

I had to look up Dunning-Kruger and found a wonderful quote: "suggests
that poor performers are not in a position to recognize the shortcomings
in their performance".

Describes Trump and Johnson to a tee, I think!

Ironically describes the person you're replying to as well.
Old November 14th 20, 06:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.comp.sys.mac
D.M. Procida

Scott Schuckert wrote:

In article
,
D.M. Procida wrote:

Arlen Holder wrote:

the Type III apologists

Which kind are the best? I want to be the best kind.

Daniele

Me too! Is there a survey I should fill out?

No, I heard there's a committee that does an assessment.

Daniele
Old November 14th 20, 06:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.comp.sys.mac
D.M. Procida

Arlen Holder wrote:

Three types of childish Apple Apologists:
o Type I === Actually know the facts; yet always incessantly parrot
MARKETING bull**** (e.g., nospam)
o Type II === Believe MARKETING bull****; but never seem to check their
facts (e.g., SavageDuck)
o Type III === Dunning-Kruger Quadrant 1 Self-identify with Apple
MARKETING bull**** (e.g., Lewis)

Pick one.

No way! I'm much better than those. I think I must be at least a Type
IV. There is a Type IV, right?

Daniele
Old November 14th 20, 06:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.comp.sys.mac
Alan Browne[_2_]

On 2020-11-14 12:04, D.M. Procida wrote:

No way! I'm much better than those. I think I must be at least a Type
IV. There is a Type IV, right?

I'll ask the Type V administration committee for permission to tell you
if there is or isn't a type IV.

--
"...there are many humorous things in this world; among them the white
man's notion that he is less savage than the other savages."
Old November 17th 20, 09:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.comp.sys.mac
Arlen Holder

On Sat, 14 Nov 2020 17:04:47 +0000, D.M. Procida wrote:

No way! I'm much better than those. I think I must be at least a Type
IV. There is a Type IV, right?

Given your infantile response, I think you may need to bone up on the facts

o Type III Apologists are far to the left on the Dunning-Kruger scale
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/MwtyT7BdxF4
Old November 17th 20, 09:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.comp.sys.mac
Arlen Holder

On 2020-11-14 10:03, Graham J wrote:

I had to look up Dunning-Kruger and found a wonderful quote: "suggests
that poor performers are not in a position to recognize the shortcomings
in their performance".

Describes Trump and Johnson to a tee, I think!

Ironically describes the person you're replying to as well.

We covered why the Type III apologists are Dunning Kruger Quadrant 1 he
o Apologists are far to the left on the Dunning-Kruger scale
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/MwtyT7BdxF4

Most of you don't seem to realize that _everyone_ is on the DK scale.
o It's simply a position on the scale of self appraisal of skills

There are four quadrants, where interestingly, those in the first quadrant
know the least (as shown by actual scores), and yet they have the most
confidence that they know the most (e.g., Type III apologists).

Those in the fourth quadrant are the experts (as shown by test scores),
where, just as interestingly, they tend to assess themselves as having
lower skillsets than they actually have, and, more importantly sometimes,
they tend to vastly under assess the skillet that it takes for others to
'catch up' to them (think air force airline pilots, for example).

Lumping the two quadrants in the middle, those people tend to be more
realistic, with those in the second quadrant beginning to despair as they
learn the skills, and those in the third quadrant beginning to get the hang
of it.

Unfortunately, since the Apple Apologists don't ever bother to check their
facts, they'll _never_ make it to even the second quadrant.

Their own attitude toward ignoring facts and trusting their own intuition
more so than they trust facts to the contrary is what makes them DK Quad 1.

Please see details, examples, and further proof of Type III Quad 1 DK in:
Old November 17th 20, 10:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.comp.sys.mac
Arlen Holder

On Sat, 14 Nov 2020 12:23:18 -0500, Alan Browne wrote:

I'll ask the Type V administration committee for permission to tell you
if there is or isn't a type IV.

Hi Alan,
We covered the three types of apologists in detail in this canonical thread:
o What are the common well-verified psychological traits of the Apple Apologists on this newsgroup?
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/18ARDsEOPzM

Decades ago, I became interested in studying you apologists when I
noticed the peculiar differences between you apologists and normal adults.

Your purely MARKETING-driven belief systems are easily shown to be imaginary.
o Your entire belief system is based on exactly _zero_ actual facts!

That's why every one of you apologists fails a three-word bull**** test:
o Name just one

None of you can ever back up your (imaginary) belief system with even a
single fact (your _entire_ belief system is based purely on MARKETING
bull****, in fact).

What's far more interesting though, than your imaginary belief system...
o Is how much you _hate_ what Apple is (which isn't what Apple says it is!)

Notice the common thread that all you apologists _hate_ what Apple is...
o You are all _desperate_ to fabricate apologies for what Apple does.

The only difference in your _hatred_ for what Apple is, is how you respond:
o Type I (nospam) simply bull**** in order to apologize for what Apple does
o Type II (sms) are simply ignorant, believing a priori, in what Apple does
o Type III (Lewis) are cultists whose self worth is intertwined by what Apple does

In summary, I know you apologists well...
o Perhaps better than you know yourselves, in fact.

Your utter hatred for what Apple is, ironically, is the emotion that drives
you to be the incessant apologist for what Apple does that you prove to be.
--
You hate me simply because I speak facts and you have no defense to facts.
Old November 17th 20, 10:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.comp.sys.mac
Arlen Holder

On Sat, 14 Nov 2020 17:04:47 +0000, D.M. Procida wrote:

Me too! Is there a survey I should fill out?

No, I heard there's a committee that does an assessment.

Given those infantile responses, it appears you are ignorant of the facts:

Old November 17th 20, 11:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.comp.sys.mac
D.M. Procida

On 2020-11-14 10:03, Graham J wrote:

I had to look up Dunning-Kruger and found a wonderful quote: "suggests
that poor performers are not in a position to recognize the shortcomings
in their performance".

Describes Trump and Johnson to a tee, I think!

Ironically describes the person you're replying to as well.

We covered why the Type III apologists are Dunning Kruger Quadrant 1 he
o Apologists are far to the left on the Dunning-Kruger scale
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!to...phone/MwtyT7Bd
xF4

Most of you don't seem to realize that _everyone_ is on the DK scale.
o It's simply a position on the scale of self appraisal of skills

I like to think of myself as *off* the scale, because I am very advanced
in Dunning-Kruger.

Daniele