Warranty comparison!

Old May 23rd 06, 03:54 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Default Warranty comparison!

I was looking to see just who had the Nikon 12-24 and for how much. The low
price, was unsurprisingly, from one of the Brooklyn dealers. Looking at
their page I was just stunned at the prices for the accessories, which as
we know some is required to get the low price. On this page:

http://bestpricecameras.com/prodetai...?prodid=246526
They want $299.99 for a five year warranty. Also note the $59.99 lens hood,
even though one is included with the lens

The warranty gets better here. Only $179 for five years:
http://www.expresscameras.com/prodet...127918&start=1
And the lens hood is only $49.

But here you can get a 7-year warranty for only $19.95
http://www.uniquephoto.com/index.php...tail=SGL200306

Okay, that's not a Nikon lens, but on this $1429 Nikon lens the warranty is
$29.95 for three years:
http://www.uniquephoto.com/index.php...detail=NKL1996

Now personally I wouldn't buy any warranty, but the disparity is stunning.

Don www.donwiss.com/pictures/ (e-mail link at page bottoms).
Old May 23rd 06, 01:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

On 2006-05-22 22:54:16 -0400, Don Wiss said:

[...]

Don (BTW.. I really enjoy pic's of some of the "famous" NYC camera
shops.) Doesn't Nikon USA offer a free 5 year warranty on all ED
lens and maybe others as well.? Makes these places even more of a
fleecing parlor.

--
Jim

Old May 31st 06, 12:48 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

"Don Wiss" wrote in message

But here you can get a 7-year warranty for only $19.95
http://www.uniquephoto.com/index.php...tail=SGL200306

Okay, that's not a Nikon lens, but on this $1429 Nikon lens the warranty
is
$29.95 for three years:
http://www.uniquephoto.com/index.php...detail=NKL1996

Now personally I wouldn't buy any warranty, but the disparity is stunning.

Unique Photo is about a 15-minute drive from my house, and I shop there
sometimes. If you've ever visited the place and compared it with Don's
pictures of the other stores mentioned here, you wouldn't be nearly as
surprised at the disparity :-)