Which Camera

Old September 6th 04, 07:35 PM
BF

Default Which Camera

OK, I read the reviews on both the D70 and Digital Rebel. Now I would
like to have owners of these cameras convince me which one to buy.
Thanks,
Bill
Old September 6th 04, 09:03 PM
Carrigman

Bill,

Make up your own mind.

Both are excellent cameras and you will not go wrong whichever choice you
make. It's really down to your own personal preference based on how you like
the look and feel of the camera, etc.

How could an owner of one or other camera convince you? He/she will no doubt
sing their particular model's praises but they will know nothing about the
other...unless in the highly unlikely event that someone will have owned
both.

One thing is for certain: whichever choice you make will result in you
owning a top quality piece of kit which will serve you well for a long
time.

Toss a coin.

John

Old September 6th 04, 09:17 PM
Bob

On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 14:35:31 -0400, BF wrote:

OK, I read the reviews on both the D70 and Digital Rebel. Now I would
like to have owners of these cameras convince me which one to buy.
Thanks,
Bill

The comparisons I read put the Nikon ahead, especially on speed, but also on
features.

So I bought the Nikon, and I love this camera!

My Nephew has the Canon Rebel film model, and he doesn't like it, but I don't
know how much it is like the digital.

Also I don't like my defective canon printer nor my already broken and poor
quality canon DV movie camera, so I won't ever buy any more canon anything, but
that's just me... (My Samsung DV has a higher quality LCD display, and cost half
as much! , and my new HP printer is so far ahead of the canon there's no
comparison.)

Old September 6th 04, 09:35 PM
Clyde Torres

"BF" wrote in message
OK, I read the reviews on both the D70 and Digital Rebel. Now I would
like to have owners of these cameras convince me which one to buy.
Thanks,
Bill

I evaluated both cameras and bought the D70. I cannot compare these two
cameras for you, though, because I have only played extensively with the D70
and nothing at all with the dRebel. I have nothing but praise for the D70.
The 18-70mm AF-S lens is outstanding, proven by the quality of pictures I've
been taking lately. I was talked into buying this lens by the salesperson,
and I am glad he did it. So from my own personal evaluation of the features
of both cameras, I bought the D70.

That was two months ago. If I were considering buying a camera today. I
would wait until the D20 comes out. Then I would compare the D20 to other
cameras, including the D70 and dRebel, always remembering that price is a
factor. You would probably be satisfied with great photos from any of the
three cameras mentioned, so I would still go on features and "feel" when
buying a camera of the caliber we're talking about.

Clyde Torres