Does any other program (windows or linux) do screenshot annotationefficiently?

Old May 5th 13, 01:50 AM posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,alt.graphics.photoshop
PeterN[_3_]

Default Does any other program (windows or linux) do screenshot annotationefficiently?

On 5/4/2013 8:42 PM, Mayayana wrote:
| Who are you to say how Mayayana should prefer to pass his time?
|
| are you actually saying his snooping on what other people are doing on
| their phones is acceptable behaviour??

Somehow my observation about cellphone addicts
on the subway has turned into me being a pervert/peeping
Tom spying on peoples' private lives. Methinks the
closet Facebookie doth protest too much.

Actually I chimed in to provide the minority view.
I find Wolfgang's view -- that anyone who doesn't
use a smartphone must not "get it" -- to be surprisingly
common. It's one thing to find cellphones and GPS
useful. It's quite another to find them constantly
indispensible and to think that maps are outdated and
"hard to use".

I would not take an accusation from nospam too seriously.

--
PeterN
Old May 5th 13, 01:57 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Mayayana
wrote:

| icons on the left and text on the right is the standard table view
| (also known as a list view).

Rectangles, with text, and a small image on the left.

which is a standard table view. the exact size, colour, etc. of the
elements can vary. it's all up to the app.

It could be something other than Facebook, but it looked
like Facebook wall boxes, which do not look like a listview.
Whatever it was, nearly everyone was scrolling through
a long line of such rectangles.

as i said, that could literally be absolutely anything.

anyway, here are some facebook screenshots:

http://a734.phobos.apple.com/us/r100.../36/c6a8361c-8
699-f628-6584-0d9fad517f19/mzl.ejkldopj.320x480-75.jpg

http://a976.phobos.apple.com/us/r100...f/b2/08efb208-
8729-1bae-3690-3e0725d3fcaa/mzl.hcrrzgtj.320x480-75.jpg

http://a259.phobos.apple.com/us/r100...d/01/094d0192-
7561-19ec-6e1e-65e9e79d7165/mzl.xcwologr.320x480-75.jpg
Old May 5th 13, 01:57 AM posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,alt.graphics.photoshop
nospam

In article , Mayayana
wrote:

Somehow my observation about cellphone addicts
on the subway has turned into me being a pervert/peeping
Tom spying on peoples' private lives. Methinks the
closet Facebookie doth protest too much.

methinks you're making incorrect assumptions.

first of all, using a smartphone on a subway train does not mean
someone is addicted. how ludicrous. if they read a newspaper instead,
would you say they're addicted to a newspaper?

second, the only way you could see what people were doing on their
smartphones to the extent of describing icons and scrolling lists is by
intentionally snooping. your intent was to find out what people did
with their phones, but without asking.

third, i do not use facebook.

Actually I chimed in to provide the minority view.

at least you realize that.

I find Wolfgang's view -- that anyone who doesn't
use a smartphone must not "get it" -- to be surprisingly
common. It's one thing to find cellphones and GPS
useful. It's quite another to find them constantly
indispensible and to think that maps are outdated and
"hard to use".

they are quickly becoming as indispensable as laptops and desktops are
now.
Old May 5th 13, 02:48 AM posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,alt.graphics.photoshop
Eric Stevens

On Sat, 04 May 2013 19:25:00 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

If one actually relates to here and now, it turns out that it
doesn't particularly require chocolate sauce and sprinkles. One
doesn't actually need to find a device to kill the time just
because the mobile over one's crib has stopped spinning.

Funny how people try so hard to "kill time" or "pass the time"
....whenever we're not busy frantically worried about not having
enough time.

who are you to say how someone else spends their time?

Who are you to say how Mayayana should prefer to pass his time?

are you actually saying his snooping on what other people are doing on
their phones is acceptable behaviour??

No. I'm saying you are not prepared to apply to yourself the
standard which you seem to believe Mayayana should apply to himself.

and even if he does 'accidentally' see it, he's making a big deal out
of what isn't any of his business. so what if someone uses facebook.
they have a billion users, which means the chances of seeing someone
use facebook on a subway is not all that low.

He wasn't commenting on the behaviour of just one person.

Eric Stevens
Old May 5th 13, 03:04 AM posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,alt.graphics.photoshop
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2013-05-04 17:42:40 -0700, "Mayayana" said:

| Who are you to say how Mayayana should prefer to pass his time?
|
| are you actually saying his snooping on what other people are doing on
| their phones is acceptable behaviour??

Somehow my observation about cellphone addicts
on the subway has turned into me being a pervert/peeping
Tom spying on peoples' private lives. Methinks the
closet Facebookie doth protest too much.

Actually I chimed in to provide the minority view.
I find Wolfgang's view -- that anyone who doesn't
use a smartphone must not "get it" -- to be surprisingly
common. It's one thing to find cellphones and GPS
useful. It's quite another to find them constantly
indispensible and to think that maps are outdated and
"hard to use".

Well besides some of the silly stuff (I don't do Facebook, Twitter, or
Instagram) there are some Apps this old fart finds useful on his iPhone.
....and I don't use it to pass the time.
However, when away from my desktop or laptop, I have access to Skype,
Dropbox, Evernote, email, online banking, a very good calculator, the
ability scan a document to produce a PDF when there is no other means
handy, a light meter which measures incident & reflected light, some
GPS & mapping apps including Google Earth & maps, a decent calendar, a
note book which shares notes taken with my computer and iPad, and of
all things a very good level. Then for those photographers who from
time to time find it an economic necessity to rent lenses or camera
LensProToGo has a very nice App.

There is much more. All I can say is, I am in no way a smartphone power
user, but when I find a need for one of those Apps I am happy to have
it with me.

Here is a sampling of some of the Apps I find occasionally find useful,
none of them are Facebook or Twitter.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ever...281796108?mt=8

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/itri...304696939?mt=8

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/theo...339393884?mt=8
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/foto...439913393?mt=8
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/geni...377672876?mt=8

Savageduck

Old May 5th 13, 03:35 AM posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,alt.graphics.photoshop
Shadow

On Sat, 4 May 2013 19:04:25 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/itri...304696939?mt=8

/ Category: Health & Fitness
Updated: Mar 29, 2013
Version: 4.7
Size: 22.9 MB
Language: English
Seller: Healthagen, LLC ------ OT
© iTriage, LLC

Prerequisites:
You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
Frequent/Intense Sexual Content or Nudity
/

I can't download it. I need Frequent/Intense Sexual Content |
Nudity. I don't qualify for the former, and I only have the latter
when I take a bath. And taking a bath can hardly be classified as
"intense", unless we have a power cut.

[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012
Old May 5th 13, 03:47 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Tony Cooper
wrote:

| you must have done a *lot* more than just watch them to know
| specifically what they were doing on their phones.
|
| the only way to know they were 'checking facebook over and over' would
| be by looking over their shoulder directly at their phone.

No. I could easily see everyone around me.

maybe you could easily see the people sitting on either side of you
(which would still require snooping) but you certainly could not see
the phones across the aisle or even those a couple seats away.

I dunno, nospam, you seem to feel that your airplane market survey was
data was accurate.

you are once again twisting things.

what i said was that if macs really did have the 5%-10% market share
that the bashers parrot, why is it that there are consistently so many
more macs in real world use and in a wide variety of places (not just
planes)?

if mac share really was that low, then one would expect to see roughly
that proportion of macs in real world use, and one does not. the number
of macs is significantly higher. it's not even close and it's well
outside any margin of error that anyone could possibly consider.

again, the exact numbers aren't what is important, only that there is a
huge disconnect with them, and there is.

looking at real world usage is something that's been done for *years*,
well before there even were macs. it's certainly not my idea.

You could see, from your seat, what everyone else
on the plane was using.

the glowing apple logo and distinctive design makes it *incredibly*
easy.

plus i never said it's what i see from my seat. more bull**** from you.

i see what people are using when walking through airports, hotels,
coffeeshops, conference halls, libraries and numerous other places
where people use computers.

Not only that, but you could see what all the
other passengers on *other* airplanes were using.

i never said anything remotely close to that.

stop lying.

When he does it, he's snooping. When you do it, it's "market share
research".

what he is doing is *very* different.

it's one thing to notice if it's mac or windows laptop, which you can
tell by its glowing logo, even from across a room.

it's another thing entirely to look at someone's screen enough to be
able to describe what's on it, such as scrolling lists and whether it's
a music app or what was thought to be facebook.

today i saw several people with macs, but all i saw was the *back* of
their mac and the logo. i have no idea what was on their screen, nor do
i care.
Old May 5th 13, 03:47 AM posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,alt.graphics.photoshop
nospam

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

If one actually relates to here and now, it turns out that it
doesn't particularly require chocolate sauce and sprinkles. One
doesn't actually need to find a device to kill the time just
because the mobile over one's crib has stopped spinning.

Funny how people try so hard to "kill time" or "pass the time"
....whenever we're not busy frantically worried about not having
enough time.

who are you to say how someone else spends their time?

Who are you to say how Mayayana should prefer to pass his time?

are you actually saying his snooping on what other people are doing on
their phones is acceptable behaviour??

No. I'm saying you are not prepared to apply to yourself the
standard which you seem to believe Mayayana should apply to himself.

it's two totally different things.

i don't care what people do with their laptops or smartphones. i don't
look at their screen to see what apps they're running. i don't consider
people addicted to a smartphone just because they use one on a train
(which is one of the most ludicrous things i've read in a long time). i
don't go into a rant about how kids are having their lives screwed up
by smartphones.

so what if a total stranger wants to spend their train ride using
facebook or playing angry birds or reading cnn.com or even reading a
paper book or newspaper. it's their time and they get to decide what
they're going to do with it.

and even if he does 'accidentally' see it, he's making a big deal out
of what isn't any of his business. so what if someone uses facebook.
they have a billion users, which means the chances of seeing someone
use facebook on a subway is not all that low.

He wasn't commenting on the behaviour of just one person.

exactly. he was commenting on the behaviour of the entire train. that's
much worse.

or, he's talking out his ass. he really didn't see everyone's screen.
he just wants to rant about facebook.
Old May 5th 13, 03:56 AM posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,alt.graphics.photoshop
Savageduck[_3_]

wrote:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/itri...304696939?mt=8

/ Category: Health & Fitness
Updated: Mar 29, 2013
Version: 4.7
Size: 22.9 MB
Language: English
Seller: Healthagen, LLC ------ OT
© iTriage, LLC

Prerequisites:
You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
Frequent/Intense Sexual Content or Nudity
/

I can't download it. I need Frequent/Intense Sexual Content |
Nudity. I don't qualify for the former, and I only have the latter
when I take a bath. And taking a bath can hardly be classified as
"intense", unless we have a power cut.

[]'s

I believe the "frequent/intense Sexual Content or Nudity" & the 17+ age
limitation is standard Apple language when anything below the navel is
illustrated or discussed.
The best part of iTriage is you don't have to "friend" anybody, and you
can self-diagnose all your STDs.
....and at least you are 17+ years of age.

Savageduck

Old May 5th 13, 05:44 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Tony Cooper
wrote:

today i saw several people with macs,

So, you were snooping.

you're a liar.

it's not possible to snoop when all you can see is the back of a
computer.