Identifying Hasselblad screen

Old August 5th 04, 03:02 AM
LM

Default Identifying Hasselblad screen

Hello everyone,

I already have several regular "old" Hasselblad screens, including hair
cross (42162?), split image (42196), grid with loupe (42250). Never
had acute-matte or third party screens before. Recently I acquired
another screen. It is definitely not "D" type acute-matte (no doouble
trenches 42204), but it looks brighter than the regular screens. I am
wondering if it's an old version acute-matte (42165), or third-party
screens. Is there any way to tell?

The new screen also has hair cross, but unlike the old style which has
black lines seemingly embeded between top and bottom glass, the lines
are engraved at the bottom glass (can touch and feel it) and it's
colorless.

When looking at a book through those screens, all of them look similar
in transparency when directly put on the page (the new one seems a
little brighter though). when lifting them an inch above the page, old
screens become darker and grounder very fast, while the new one can see
though more clearly (still losing the image but in lesser degree).
Also, the new one seems to have a bigger loupe effect than the old ones
when holding this way.

When looking through the screen under WLF, the new screen image seems
more TV screen like: an image generated by many fine lines, and the
fine fines move, change hues when changing viewing direction. It is
definitely brighter than old screens, I will guess about 1.5 stop.

I know there are other brighter screen by BEATTIE, etc. But never has
experience with them. Is my new screen the older acute-matte type?
How to tell the difference with other brand screens? Is there any
difference between original and "D" type acute-matte? Thanks for help.

Tris